Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a tank

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

At that price I don't think you'll be selling it!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

godtabh wrote: »
    At that price I don't think you'll be selling it!

Could u expand? What in your opinion is it worth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

As an example I sold a Rio180 with own stand plus all stuff needed but no livestock (at least no intended livestock :P) for 200.

Id be thinking 150 or so

Thanks for that fungun appreciated. I was hoping for closer to 200 as the filter and new ballast unit were dear enuf, as was the substrate. all extra to the tank as I bought it. Might drop asking and see what happens

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Its only worth what some one is willing to pay for it. If you got €150 I'd be impressed

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    Its only worth what some one is willing to pay for it. If you got €150 I'd be impressed

Thanks, I realise that...

But it doesn't mean I can ask for what I think it's worth and meet somewhere between... Ya gotta start somewhere and if I put up for 150 I wouldn't get 150, I've sold a bought a few things on adverts to know that

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Might be better off putting up an asking price of 180/190? Or if ya want to still look for the 200, use the old sales technique of "€199", very slight redction, but looks cheaper (petrol stations have been using that one for year!)

Ya might make more if ya decided to sell some of the stuff seperately too

Might be better off putting up an asking price of 180/190? Or if ya want to still look for the 200, use the old sales technique of "€199", very slight redction, but looks cheaper (petrol stations have been using that one for year!)

thanks bebo. its since been relisted at 200 so we'll see.

thanks bebo. its since been relisted at 200 so we'll see.

sold it for 150...happy with that

Advertisement