Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What things/ expectations make you feel like a prisoner & why.

• 09-09-2012 3:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭

Sometimes I feel like a slave to the dog; the routine; the walking , the inescapability of it every day. What things /expectations makes you feel like a prisoner & why.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Cigarettes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

the internet. Why can't we just leave eachother alone:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

We are fukkin prisoners - be it to the job, the mortgage, the other half with all their demands and the likes - it all nonsense. We are in a world of a global sentence.

But you know what.......the only prisoner we are to - is ourselves. Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Sometimes I feel like a slave to the dog; the routine; the walking , the inescapability of it every day. What things /expectations makes you feel like a prisoner & why.

Dude if you feel like that i have the answer...buy a classical guitar and a bottle of captain morgan spiced rum including a 2-litre of cola and practise how to play it and that will remove the slaveness feeling, tried and tested by uncle zenno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

A lot of the time I have fairly bad anxiety which makes me feel like a prisoner. Having to look out the window 10 times before I walk 2 minutes to the shop just to make sure there's no one outside is a bit crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

hores and blackjack
    exactly like prison.......except for the nightly bear hugs and smooches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

the internet. Why can't we just leave eachother alone:(

Because fùck you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I am not a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

A lot of the time I have fairly bad anxiety which makes me feel like a prisoner. Having to look out the window 10 times before I walk 2 minutes to the shop just to make sure there's no one outside is a bit crazy!

You should try shake that off,(easier said than done I know)but im sure nobody notices you in the way you think they might!

You should try shake that off, im sure nobody notices you in the way you think they might!

I know but sure it's easier said than done :L

• Advertisement

It's funny that you brought that up because a long time ago i was the exact same but i felt like that when i was smoking copious amounts of hashish, i know i'm not perfect, but that above comment is the same feeling i had back then. If your a smoker give it up and you will be fine after 6 months. Now that's if you are a smoker, but if not my apologies.

I am not a number.

You are a number, you are #9 electronically :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Having to sleep, no control over that at all

Having to sleep, no control over that at all

I'm sure you would go nuts after 6 months of not sleeping if there was a drug that can keep you wide awake for this long period, imagine staying awake for 60 years constantly awake and then you would be bored with your time off work and will decide to work or layabout for the remainder of your day constantly plodding alone.

No thanks i think that would be a nightmare because sleep is good but sleep is not all it is...you can condition the mind to avail of your sleep as in having and controlling your dreams lucidly and be awake inside them if mastered.(lucid dreaming) i'd miss that. Sleep is fine, i don't know why that would bother or affect people.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

A prisoner of Bull****,
    Listening to it,putting up with it,smelling people's bull ****,expecting bull ****.
    Talking a great amount of it,this is bull ****.

zenno wrote: »

It's funny that you brought that up because a long time ago i was the exact same but i felt like that when i was smoking copious amounts of hashish, i know i'm not perfect, but that above comment is the same feeling i had back then. If your a smoker give it up and you will be fine after 6 months. Now that's if you are a smoker, but if not my apologies.

I rarely smoke it, maybe once every 4 month's or so. It started a long time before I started smoking too :L

I rarely smoke it, maybe once every 4 month's or so. It started a long time before I started smoking too :L

I see. Well the only advice i can give you is.. next time you have to go out somewhere just say fu*k it i don't care who's out there i'm just going to get to my destination and back without thinking of it and try and shrug it off and go your way. As a previous poster said earlier, no one out there is even looking at you as they are busy doing their own thing. It's all in the mind bro, i know this for sure so train your mind to discard such thoughts and you will be fine there-after.

P.S, if i was you i would never smoke weed again because if you feel like this now the weed will make it a lot worse over time, just my two cents.

zenno wrote: »
    I see. Well the only advice i can give you is.. next time you have to go out somewhere just say fu*k it i don't care who's out there i'm just going to get to my destination and back without thinking of it and try and shrug it off and go your way. As a previous poster said earlier, no one out there is even looking at you as they are busy doing their own thing. It's all in the mind bro, i know this for sure so train your mind to discard such thoughts and you will be fine there-after.

This, why would you worry if anybodys looking at you? they're not better than you, go out with your head held high, nobodys going to go home and say '' you shoulda seen your man walking down the road today!'' definitely all in the mind.

I know it's all in my head :L and I know that people are not looking at me :L but there's just a very loud part of my brain that makes me think things that aren't strictly true. I don't really want to get into it. I know it's not rational whatsoever :o :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Caffeine is my gateway drug to bad eating habits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

But where ya gonna go?
    What you gonna do?
    Whats so wonderful out there. Another slightly different routine, a different shaped house, another job or career, and derp de derp just like you have today.

There is nothing new under the sun. - Some guy
    All the worlds a stage. - Shakespeare
    Man is free but is everywhere in chains. Some French guy
    Stupid Flanders. - Homer

Better the divil ya know than the divil ya dont. - I believe we all do this, cause humans crave a sense of certainty.

I know it's all in my head :L and I know that people are not looking at me :L but there's just a very loud part of my brain that makes me think things that aren't strictly true. I don't really want to get into it. I know it's not rational whatsoever :o :pac:

Emm...i think it is rational in looking at this, but dude, if you feel that way and it can't be helped then so be it but do try to ask yourself the question and reason why you would feel this nervous. One way i dealt with it back in the day was picking a day and destination and just walk a few miles to and from where i was going and it helps because the longer you are out walking the better as you will feel it after doing this for a day or two.

We'll leave it there, but try your best man to work it out. hope it works out for you over time.

Well we are all a prisoner as we are all stuck on a rotating ball in space of which we cannot escape, thats the bigger picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

I'd rather be a prisoner of ignorance than a prisoner of reality. The world is just too scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

Choose Scotland.
    www.visitscotland.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Prisoner of sleeplessness.
    05:45 & still none : (
    Now I'll probably snooze tomorrow afternoon & not be able to sleep Sunday night either :( vicious circle
    Prisoner of Vicious Sleep Circle :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

eug87 wrote: »
    A prisoner of Bull****,
    Listening to it,putting up with it,smelling people's bull ****,expecting bull ****.
    Talking a great amount of it,this is bull ****.

the cows were never going to get a look in were they.

Advertisement