Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get to sleep-what do you do :0

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Recite the starting line ups of the Premier League. Never got outside the top 6 before nodding off....

Or fapping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

How to get to sleep? Stay awake for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Buck Fizz wrote: »
    No link sorry.. But I bought a container of them in Evergreen about 9 months ago!

www.evergreen.ie is a Galway chain of health stores. You can buy online too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Hmmm ; lots of food for thought there; thanks Guys. In the meantime ... Havnt had a cup of coffee since 6 o click but that dosnt seem to have made a difference. Mad awake as usual. Must get my hands on some mint or Zam stuff. Off to try the pencil now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I find drinking alone till you pass out works, also great anecdote for parties:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Read the CT threads or the Christianity threads, you'll be asleep in no time but stay away from PI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I would usually sleep through a war, never have trouble sleeping. Sick tonight and although my head is heavy, I can't sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Since you're looking for a quick fix, your best bet is a ****. It never fails. I don't know why it is, but it's impossible to not feel sleepy afterwards :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I have to be up at 5:40am to get ready for surgery I have. After 3 attempts at sleeping I just gave up as its too late to even bother getting any sleep now. I wonder if this will have any effect on me with the general anasthetic etc? Im pretty pissed off about now being able to sleep tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Ideally, riding the hole off some hawt one. Since that's the case tonight, my right hand will have to step in to get the same effect.

It's never the same tho! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

alcohol, have some whiskey or brandy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I don't sleep much. I have to get up for work soon and wonder if there's any point trying. I'm not sure what is wrong with me or if a lot of people experience this, but sometimes I try to go to sleep and I hear actual voice talking. Random conversations! Not people telling me to do specific stuff, but it's as if I'm in the pub with friends and sometimes I'm addressed... just someone tell me that's normal please (Although I sincerely doubt it is.....)

I don't sleep much. I have to get up for work soon and wonder if there's any point trying. I'm not sure what is wrong with me or if a lot of people experience this, but sometimes I try to go to sleep and I hear actual voice talking. Random conversations! Not people telling me to do specific stuff, but it's as if I'm in the pub with friends and sometimes I'm addressed... just someone tell me that's normal please (Although I sincerely doubt it is.....)

This happens me sometimes. It's usually a whisper in my ear saying my name. I'm a looper though so it's probably not normal at all :p

This happens me sometimes. It's usually a whisper in my ear saying my name. I'm a looper though so it's probably not normal at all :p
    Thank fook I'm not the only one and crazy!!
    The **** that has been said to me is beyond strange. Now I stress I'm not hearing voice to kill or rape anyone mind you before someone suggest that!

Also I see a lot of stuff at time when I close my eyes...or is that too far...?

Thank fook I'm not the only one and crazy!!
    The **** that has been said to me is beyond strange. Now I stress I'm not hearing voice to kill or rape anyone mind you before someone suggest that!

Also I see a lot of stuff at time when I close my eyes...or is that too far...?

I think the eyes thing happens everyone, doesn't it? It's like a selection of images displayed in between your eyelid and eye. I actually enjoy it :o

• Advertisement

I think the eyes thing happens everyone, doesn't it? It's like a selection of images displayed in between your eyelid and eye. I actually enjoy it :o
    Yea I think so just to dramatically various different degrees.

Also now I'm getting the ****ed up thoughts. I've actually pondered to myself slitting my wrists so is that I won't have to face a Monday morning ever again.
    Now I know that will sounds weird to anyone who might happen to read this in the morning but I bet most insomniacs can relate.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fifipie_d

I used to hear chatter, conversations that i have had with people or just random nonsense. Now my brain insists on playing music constantly. It us most often something ive heard during the day, either on a music station or even a jingle of a commercial, never anything i actually like. For example, when i am trying the relaxation method of counting down from 100, my brain supplies a backing track. Most often there are at least 3 things happening in my brain at one time,2 pieces of music & a conversation, sometimes have to physically shout STOP , at myself. I feel like a mental case. Although i sleep next to my OH every night, i feel unbelievably lonely when i can't sleep. It is such a horrible situation to have to experience. I really do envy people who can just close there eyes and they're asleep. Im 26 and have not had a good nights sleep since i was 14. I have tried everything to change my pattern but nothing seems to work. The absolute last option i ever want to go for are sleeping tablets but im thinking it may be the only option that is left to me. Has anyone here used them and found them helpful to getting on a better sleep routine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

fifipie_d wrote: »

I used to hear chatter, conversations that i have had with people or just random nonsense. Now my brain insists on playing music constantly. It us most often something ive heard during the day, either on a music station or even a jingle of a commercial, never anything i actually like. For example, when i am trying the relaxation method of counting down from 100, my brain supplies a backing track. Most often there are at least 3 things happening in my brain at one time,2 pieces of music & a conversation, sometimes have to physically shout STOP , at myself. I feel like a mental case. Although i sleep next to my OH every night, i feel unbelievably lonely when i can't sleep. It is such a horrible situation to have to experience. I really do envy people who can just close there eyes and they're asleep. Im 26 and have not had a good nights sleep since i was 14. I have tried everything to change my pattern but nothing seems to work. The absolute last option i ever want to go for are sleeping tablets but im thinking it may be the only option that is left to me. Has anyone here used them and found them helpful to getting on a better sleep routine?

Shocking ; I think is it Like a jumbled & semi halucinic mix & fast forward of replay of old scenarios & events but confused & changed... Like someones taken your past & added an insane plotline.

I used to work on the boats & lots of people took sleeping tablets CID of the noise & shift patterns. It stopped one night when there was a fire ...half the crew couldn't turn up for their duties cos they couldn't be woken. No doubt they'd taken somewhat more than the prescribed dose but nevertheless...

Might be worth trying especially to get a start for regular sleep ( funny I don't want to use them either at all ; I'd walk or stay up all night by preference instead)... Bitif you warn your other half & try them fir the first time on a Friday night it might be a worthwhile experiment?

I used to have codeine tablets & was on them for some time...they'd send an elephant on acid to sleep.. Amazing.

Some of the over the counter drugs for hayfever cn really put you to sleep ; the non " non-drousy" ones of course!!! Had a problem with them a few years ago for that reason but can't remember the name; sorry ... Had to have my head lifted off the desk a few times. Now I just sneeze....

Advertisement