Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Shipping Costs

Options
  • 09-09-2012 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I recently set up an Amazon account and have around 1,000 books to sell. I've only put about 100 online at the time of posting and am selling about 5/6 books per week. I'm currently using An Post to ship the books to mainly European destinations. However this is proving to be extremely expensive, costing around 7-10 euro depending on the weight etc.

In order to cut costs I have also sent some packages from Northern Ireland via Royal Mail, but with the sterling so strong at the moment, there is very little difference in the price.

Could anyone suggest a cheaper alternative?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Fullfilled by amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Maybe if you sign up to Amazon prime do you get cheaper shipping costs?

If not maybe look into courier services instead of an post?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Fastway couriers have a plastis bag that would hold a couple of good size books. weight not a problem as long it fits in the bag. You buy a pack of twenty up front at about €5 per bag.
    not sure what countries they deliver to for that but they might be a try.

Advertisement