Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cody the dog dies......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Thought you meant the KK manager..

..this is even worse..

sick fucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

girl2 wrote: »
    Poor Cody who was set alight by some very bad people has sadly not made it.

Full story on the tragic event:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2194771/The-horrifying-pictures-family-s-border-collie-torched-thugs.html

I really hope they do something about this.

Sick state of affairs that people have the mind-sets to firstly comtemplate an act an savage as this; but to actually carry it out :eek:

Seriously hope they are caught and brought to justice! Cruel Savage attack on a defenceless animal :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Who ever did this is messed up. They need to be found before the do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Very bad title on all Ireland hurling final morning... Taught it was Brian Cody.

The people who do these things should be put down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Very bad title on all Ireland hurling final morning... Taught it was Brian Cody.

The people who do these things should be put down.

Sorry…dunno how to change the title of the thread. I never even though of the hurling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mother truckers, may their fingernails fall off one by one, slowly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

In one respect I'd nearly consider such an act worse than attacking a human being. Arguably a human may often be able to defend themselves (well at least some of the time). Such a family pet usually can't though.

I'm not condoning attacking a human either though...not by any means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Last i heard, they'd caught the two sick, bastards responsible for this.

Let's hope they get what they deserve in their day in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

The cunts who did it should be set of fire with lighter fluid... Put it out, let them recover and then set the pricks on fire again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There are very few instances in which I would wish harm on people... this is one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Ghandee wrote: »

There is very little in the way of animal curelty law in Ireland. If they can find the dogs owner they might get done with criminal damage. It's a disgrace really.

I heard of another dog yesterday that was doused in acid. It was an alsatian and it happened in Dublin. I can't find the story now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Sick state of affairs that people have the mind-sets to firstly comtemplate an act an savage as this; but to actually carry it out :eek:

Seriously hope they are caught and brought to justice! Cruel Savage attack on a defenceless animal :mad:

Those psychopaths that did this act need to be shot, they need to be erased because they are scum of the earth. I cannot fathom how someone can do this to a defenceless animal, I would really love 10 minutes in a locked room with them cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

In one respect I'd nearly consider such an act worse than attacking a human being. Arguably a human may often be able to defend themselves (well at least some of the time). Such a family pet usually can't though.

I'm not condoning attacking a human either though...not by any means

Attacking a human normally has some reason behind it i.e. revenge, theft etc but setting fire to an animal has no other reason but to just hurt and torture. That is what makes it worse for me is the fact that they just wanted to hurt that animal for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭apache

MagicSean wrote: »
    Ghandee wrote: »

There is very little in the way of animal curelty law in Ireland. If they can find the dogs owner they might get done with criminal damage. It's a disgrace really.

I heard of another dog yesterday that was doused in acid. It was an alsatian and it happened in Dublin. I can't find the story now though.
    That was in yesterdays star about the alsation. Some passerby found him and brought him to vets. He was put down. His whole face was gone. Horrific picture. Absolutely disgusting. Didn't know about this case. Unfortunately this happens a lot. Disgusting vile form of scumbag who would do this to a defenceless animal. Makes me so sad and mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

**** humanity!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Poor Doggy :(

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Whoever did it should be fed to wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Anyone who could do that to an animal isn't human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Q. Isn't animal cruelty awful?

A. Yes

Threads such as these kinda baffle me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Read that story last week, really sad now he died, it must be horrible for the owners to watch him suffer like that also. All I'll say is if anyone even tried to harm my dog the least of their problems would be the guards catching up with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Q. Isn't animal cruelty awful?

A. Yes

Threads such as these kinda baffle me tbh

You just scoot along back to 4B Klapparstigur and stay quiet. This was a horrible, horrible case of cruelty, clearly demonstrating that there are some very very sick individuals out there who would do such a grotesque thing. I was really upset (as Im sure a LOT of people were) with the fact this poor dog didnt pull through.

And - anyone is entitled to start a thread on whatever the hell they like in this place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Don't understand how anyone could do such a thing. What could you possibly get out of it?

Go read a fucking book if you're bored.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

God love the poor dog and it's owners.

Can't imagine the cruelty it takes to do that to a defenceless animal.

I actually feel sorry for people who do this, I wonder what has gone so wrong in their life that they are so cruel.

I do think though that they should be punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Stheno wrote: »
    God love the poor dog and it's owners.

Can't imagine the cruelty it takes to do that to a defenceless animal.

I actually feel sorry for people who do this, I wonder what has gone so wrong in their life that they are so cruel.

I do think though that they should be punished.

Cant say I fell sorry for them myself, plenty of people have had f~~ked up childhoods but didnt set fire to a dog as a result of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

girl2 wrote: »
    You just scoot along back to 4B Klapparstigur and stay quiet. This was a horrible, horrible case of cruelty, clearly demonstrating that there are some very very sick individuals out there who would do such a grotesque thing. I was really upset (as Im sure a LOT of people were) with the fact this poor dog didnt pull through.

And - anyone is entitled to start a thread on whatever the hell they like in this place.

Anyone's also entitled to an opinion in this place.

That apart, I agree with all of the above, as I imagine will all other posters - hence my original post.

Every case of animal cruelty is grotesque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Small cell

Two hungry 150kg rottweilers

?????

Justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

It's only a matter of time before these sick scum turn their violence towards other people, if they haven't already done so already. If they are in relationships, their girlfriends are with ticking timebombs. (making the assumption that the scum are male)

Advertisement