Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cruel things you did when you were a kid.

• 09-09-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭

Just reading the Cody thread, which IMO is cruel beyond comprehension and a totally different scenario.

Mods, unsure if there is a similar thread, if there is then lock be in a cupboard ( like I did to my little brother )

Anyway, when I was young once or twice I'd catch flies under glasses to they would suffocate and die.

I do note that I seem to value flies life below that of dogs. [Sorry fly lovers]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Use to make fly planes.

Match stick's glued in the shape of a Cross, (the plane) two house flies glued to the 'wings' of the plane as your 'engine's'.

Many a rainy afternoon was brightened up in our house watching the planes zoom across the living room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Threw another kid's bag in the sheep dip. (City folk just won't understand).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

I put a kitten in my freezer when i was about six. Only left it there for a couple of seconds.

To this day, i honestly don't know why the **** I did that. Im quite ashamed of my little self !

The kitten was fine btw !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I ate my twin sister in the womb, stupid bitch was cramping my style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

I ate my twin sister in the womb, stupid bitch was cramping my style.

You should have posted that on the abortion thread, stir things up a bit.... not that it needs it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

I used to cut wasps heads off with scissors. They seemed to survive for a couple of hours, or at least their mouth-pincers still seemed to function.

Not something I'm proud of, by the way.

I also had a long-haired guinea pig who'd get mucky and need a bath. But he hated baths so one day i turned the hose on him instead. He scuttled away, terrified.

I wasn't meaning to be nasty and I felt terrible after. But I made a fuss of him and gave him some dandelions leaves and he seemed to forgive me pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I used to lock our 2 pet cats (who hated each other) in the sideboard because I reckoned if they were stuck in a confined space together they would become friends.
    I think I got my idea from the cliche in soap operas where two enemies get stuck in a lift etc, then become best buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I used to fill frogs up with helium and watch them float away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Ewwwwww, how did you guys touch live flies and wasps? :eek:

I once took my fish out of its basin when we'd just gotten it, I didn't understand that it needed to be in water :o It flopped back into it a few seconds later anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

The wasps used to buzz against my window. When they settled I'd cut 'em in half with scissors. Then I'd behead them.

I never touched them with my fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

When me and my friend were young, we would go off through the fields like you do at that age. So one day we were messing around when we suddenly got ambushed by a massive donkey. The lad was in visible "heat" I'll say, and immediately gave charge to us so we started to leg it the nearest wall.
    It was really tall one (probably to keep this hard done animal contained) and my friend had to push me up onto it, at which point the very horny donkey had caught up to us.
    While my friend was still trying to struggle and scramble up the wall, the donkey got his two legs up on my friend, pressed him against the wall and eh, got to work!
    My friend was desperately squealing out my name for help and I'm just there rolling around on the wall pissing my hole laughing at him. It was the funniest moment ever and I still take this piss out of his "first time"! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Always made my friends use the dodgy off-brand PlayStation controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I used to catch flies, specially the big ones, and throw them into spiders' webs. And then hang about to spy on dinner. Just giving nature a helping hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I used to tease spiders by throwing fly sized bits of leaves at their web and laugh at them when they came rushing out to inspect their dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Were do i begin?

When i was 8 i locked my 12 year old sister in a shed for 8 hours while everyone went looking for her, i even helped them search for her in fear of what she was going to do to me when she got out

I also fed flies to spiders haha

I also tamed a feral cat by putting a flower pot on her head for an hour until she stopped struggling, i may have brain damaged the cat :rolleyes:

I used to play football againt this younger kid who was an absolute dick and id always time my tackles or runs to hit him as hard as possible or push him into a wall/goalpost/other player

The joys of youth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Has no one put up pullin the legs off daddy long legs yet?
    I used to catch wasps and bees in a bottle do they'd fight and then I'd kick the bottle ( cruel lil fcuker I was)
    Id catch frogs down the park and put them on the ground on the m50 bridge and they'd basically commit suicide jumpin off

Fcuk sake think I needed therapy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Was expecting to hear alot more cruelty to younger siblings rather than animals/insects! Dont remember ever doing anything to insects apart from squashing what we called bloodsuckers on the path!

Used to make my younger sister clean our room all the time cause it was "her mess" (we played everything together) and i had to clean it all those times before she was born so she needed to catch up anyway.

Not really cruel compared to ripping off her legs/squashing her/random other things people did to insects but mean all the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I remember stepping on a brush that my old cat's tail was under...

I can't remember if it was an accident or not though.

This one time I did put a wasp and a spider in a small container together though, the spider wrapped up the wasp and when I let them go, the spider tried to drag the wasp up the wall, but it was too weak! Kinda funny actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

When I was about 10, my friend and I would play school. I was always the teacher and she was the student. I would give her homework and all. I mean essays and everything and would expect her to do it that night. If she didn't do it I would be odd with her for days.

What a complete b*itch I was!

jessiejam wrote: »
    When I was about 10, my friend and I would play school. I was always the teacher and she was the student. I would give her homework and all. I mean essays and everything and would expect her to do it that night. If she didn't do it I would be odd with her for days.

What a complete b*itch I was!
    I know I let my best friend get raped by a donkey, but fuck in hell that was harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

1ZRed wrote: »
    I know I let my best friend get raped by a donkey, but fuck in hell that was harsh!

Silly me I must have mis-read the thread. I thought it said cruel. Not evil!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Used to tell my cousin she was playing Playstation with me when I would really have her controller plugged into the memory card slot. Didn't stop me encouraging her though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

I remember collectin up worms n various bugs in a tin, then tipping the tin over in front of the hens who'd eat them all. I stopped after a hen pecked a slug and his green slug guts landed on my shoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

tempura wrote: »
    I put a kitten in my freezer when i was about six. Only left it there for a couple of seconds.

To this day, i honestly don't know why the **** I did that. Im quite ashamed of my little self !

The kitten was fine btw !

that was the fight between good and evil, trying to claim your soul, it looks like good won, in the nick of time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

When me and my friend were young, we would go off through the fields like you do at that age. So one day we were messing around when we suddenly got ambushed by a massive donkey. The lad was in visible "heat" I'll say, and immediately gave charge to us so we started to leg it the nearest wall.
    It was really tall one (probably to keep this hard done animal contained) and my friend had to push me up onto it, at which point the very horny donkey had caught up to us.
    While my friend was still trying to struggle and scramble up the wall, the donkey got his two legs up on my friend, pressed him against the wall and eh, got to work!
    My friend was desperately squealing out my name for help and I'm just there rolling around on the wall pissing my hole laughing at him. It was the funniest moment ever and I still take this piss out of his "first time"! :D
    So you stood by and laughed as your friend got raped. Okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

we had some pet rabbits when I was about 10. Neighbours dog got into the hutch and killed them all.

We put the dog into a sack, hung the sack from a tree and beat the dog with sticks. Revenge, mafia style.

The dog wasn't seriously injured afterwards, but i've felt guilty about it to this day - I'm never gonna make Godfather am I....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

Used to catch spiders, woodlice etc and throw them into a jar filled with water and fairy liquid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Used to pull the legs off daddy long legs - I think every kid did that!

Used to catch frogs and throw them into trees. I can't remember my reasoning behind that one, but I definitely thought it was for their benefit.

One year I spent the whole summer catching butterflys and putting them all into a box. I was really upset when I went to release them in my bedroom only to find them all dead!!

I was also terribly cruel to my little sister. I convinced her that I was a witch, and whenever she was annoying me I would "turn her into a frog". She used to get extremely upset over that and would be inconsolable for hours after!
    I used to also tell her that various objects were actually foodstuffs - eg. the sticky bits on the tree in the garden was bubblegum, sheepshit in the field was coco pops...

Gosh, I'm surprised she even talks to me now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Sweet jaysis I grew up on a farm and im used to what some would call gruesome stuff killing sheep for dinner.... or hunting but some posts here are psychotic :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

not cruel, but totally innocent: I used to like the Swastika symbol for some reason when I was younger- as in senior infants. Had no idea what it was, but I used to draw it on all my copy books in and for art in class.. kinda fucked up really
    I never killed insects or anything

Ah, he was alright! Nothing but a bit of a heavy romp :p We always laugh about it looking back though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Ah, he was alright! Nothing but a bit of a heavy romp :p We always laugh about it looking back though.

Ah dont worry if you're going to hell for laughing at it then il be there with you coz i found that story hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

stuck a stick up a dead cats ass and swung it around for a bit................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

When i was a child i had a beavis and butthead t-shirt that had an image of them playing frog baseball on the front. This inspired me to play frog hurling, i also used to break frogs legs and watch them try to hop about :(

I once found an injured wren and decided to put in out of its misery by chucking it down an old well, looking back on that i reckon i just increased it misery :(

Me and my mate spent a long summers day beating a dead badger with a stick, to this day i don't know why.

There was a river behind my house that me and my neighbours used to swim in during the summer. I brought our labrador down one day and it got a bit over excited and tried to bum my younger neighbour. We though it was hilarious but the dog was really strong and started dragging him under the water, eventually we had to jump in and rescue him before the dog went full Barrymore on him. That one back fired on me because he went home crying to his parents and the dog got put down :(

Looking back on it i had all the hallmarks of a future serial killer. In fact if i caught a kid doing the stuff i did i would slap the head off them and call the cops, but as soon as i got older i realised how cruel i was and changed my ways. I have saved a few stray cats over the years to undo all the bad things i have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah I used to torture wasps. Actually torture them. I'd spray a wasp with fly killer so they'd fall to the ground. Then when they're on their dying legs, I'd rip their tiny wings off and stick a needle through it's body and watch it die a slow and painful death. Then when the wasp is fully dead, i'd throw them out the top stairs window for some reason. But my theory at the time was that I was sending a message to all the other wasps not to enter my house. But they never listened.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I used to pour salt on slugs so they would melt. I used to think that was so cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

I put my goldfish in a toy hoover. My mom found it and was like what the hell? Luckily, it lived :L Still don't know why I thought that would be a good idea though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I beat up twins with a hurley after they robbed my bike.......my sister also rowed in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭hoochis

I p1ssed on top of my cousin when I was younger. I was standing on top of a stack of hay bales and he was tying his shoelace below. I'll never forget the look on his face when he realized what was pouring down on top of him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Nothin woefully cruel. Was never cruel to animals (apart from the odd shooting a Super Soaker at cats). Was kinda cruel to other people at times... but again, nothing woefully serious.

Mostly just being a vicious little bollix when playing football/soccer. But sure that's allowed (especially in the Gah!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

RossyG wrote: »
    I used to cut wasps heads off with scissors. They seemed to survive for a couple of hours, or at least their mouth-pincers still seemed to function.

Not something I'm proud of, by the way.

I also had a long-haired guinea pig who'd get mucky and need a bath. But he hated baths so one day i turned the hose on him instead. He scuttled away, terrified.

I wasn't meaning to be nasty and I felt terrible after. But I made a fuss of him and gave him some dandelions leaves and he seemed to forgive me pretty quickly.

I don't know why, but I laughed at this, very loudly in a bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

When I was a kid, me and my brother tied a parachute to my uncle's teddy bear ( which was actually an antique ) and launched him from the eight floor of our apartment block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The real psychopaths are not going to post in this thread....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

We used to trap wasps from my friends garden in a lucozade bottle. When we had about 5 or 6 in the bottle we would trap a butterfly and put it in with the wasps and watch them torture the butterfly.

Another time we trapped a load of violent wasps in a cigar tube and sold it to a woman as an environmentally friendly vibrator!

One of these is true......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Quandary wrote: »
    we had some pet rabbits when I was about 10. Neighbours dog got into the hutch and killed them all.

We put the dog into a sack, hung the sack from a tree and beat the dog with sticks. Revenge, mafia style.

The dog wasn't seriously injured afterwards, but i've felt guilty about it to this day - I'm never gonna make Godfather am I....

jesus christ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Quandary wrote: »

Did nobody stop you from doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I used to trap spiders under a glass and drag the glass along the floor. Their legs would get trapped under it and fall off. And then I'd stand on them :L
    I used to get a snail and repeatedly poke it in the face to watch it retract itself inside its shell. He'd then come out of his shell and I'd do it again and again until I got bored, then I'd throw them against a wall to see them smash :p
    I also used to collect bees and wasps in a bottle and throw them down the road and kick the bottle around. They would get so dizzy :o
    I once found a cute little baby bird who fell out of his nest. So what did I do? I fcuked him down the road, ran over to see how he was and laughed when I saw that his head had smashed open off the ground :o
    I always used to knock for my friends and then, when they'd come out, pretend I had to go in again. Just to annoy them.

I was a bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

I used to pretend I was building a house for this young kid, but you see it was really a prison. Imagine heaps of wooden pallets, metal rods and building material. I just built it up around him and he soon realized he was trapped and wailed etc, shook the stucture, but to no avail! We hid for a few hours watching and laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

We weren't really cruel to animals, moreso to one another.

One of my sisters was a particularly notorious tyrant.

She used to get me (the youngest) and the second youngest to "appear" in front of her court where she would quiz us for all sorts of going on about the house - unfinished chores, eaten cakes, broken toys - and frame us for the lot of them. I think she made up half of the offences.

We genuinely had no idea that she didn't have the authority from our parents to do this and punish us, and would routinely be forced so spend time in 'prison' which usually involved being forced to lie behind a sofa or behind the fire-guard, or do some menial tasks as hard labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Our house was awful.

My brothers were always farting in my face.

My sister was bullied in school and came home crying one day. I slapped her and told her not to be such a baby. She's 11 years older than me.

My parents told me you're not allowed on the aeroplane until you get on your back in the airport and wave your arms and legs around. I did this every year for about ten years.

I used to always snoop in my sisters room. Read her diary, texts etc. I know what my brother in laws penis looks like thanks to me being so nosey.

I bullied my friend pretty bad. She took a Poo in a bush when we were 8 and I'm always slagging her over it to this day.

At a sleepover she went behind the table to change, bent over to pick something up and mooned us in the process. CUe me pointing it out to everyone and laughing for about ten minutes.

She went up for a bath and I was downstairs, I could just hear her mum shout 'hey, take off your knickers before you get in!!!!' I love telling people that story.

• Advertisement
Advertisement