Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Thank You to Dan man.........

• 09-09-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

As the title says ,

Would like to express a big thank you to Dan man for his updates and guides to the day to day action in the Paralympics, His updates, colourful medal count and daily form guides really help me enjoy the games.

Thank you ,Great Job.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    As the title says ,

Would like to express a big thank you to Dan man for his updates and guides to the day to day action in the Paralympics, His updates, colourful medal count and daily form guides really help me enjoy the games.

Thank you ,Great Job.

+1

Thanks Dan Man

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Couldn't agree more with the OP, superb work from Dan Man. I mightn't have posted on the daily thread, but I did check in to it several times a day to see what was going on with the Irish team, who were absolutely incredible. Hopefully they'll all get the credit deserve when they come home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

It's been a real pleasure.... the users on this forum have been superb and have added hugely to my experience of London 2012.

So many people deserve credit for this....a one man show it certainly was not. Looking forward to keeping you all informed on the long Road to Rio!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I only came upon this section of Boards by accident a couple of weeks before the Olympics. Boy am I happy I did.

Dan, again thank you so much for your work and dedication. You are a legend and you made both sporting events so much more enjoyable...:)

Another thank you to everyone else who contributed. Its been a very emotional 6 weeks. A time I will never forget.

I'm sad watching the closing ceremony but am loking forward to following out athletes over the coming 4 years in their different sports...:)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dan has been posting in this forum since he joined boards, and has done a fantastic job throughout that time updating us on the progression of Irish Athletes towards the Olympics and Paralympics. His comprehensive updates throughout the recent Games have been tremendous. Thanks Dan - now the work starts again as everyone starts looking forward to Rio ...

Hopefully some of you guys who have recently discovered this forum will stick around and help build it - basically there's something here for every sports fan (unless you are only into your soccer - then there's another forum for you;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I suppose I wont be on here every hour like was for both games, but I sure would like to keep more up to date with our progression for Rio.

We still have plenty of things to look forward to in meantime and we dont have wait 4 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Well done and thanks for all your work Dan, it was great.

I didn't know this forum existed before London, you won't be getting rid of me now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

Beasty wrote: »

Hopefully some of you guys who have recently discovered this forum will stick around and help build it - basically there's something here for every sports fan (unless you are only into your soccer - then there's another forum for you;))

Couldn't agree more, it really struck me how big the response has been since the beginning of the Olympics and has carried through to the Paralympics. Almost everyone is anxiously awaiting Rio 2016 so we should try as much as possible to continue the interest. And it was great to have different posters such as Beasty (cycling) and K_1 (kayak), to name but two, popping in to give a much more knowledge based account on certain sports that could have not otherwise been achieved.

Clareman wrote: »
    Well done and thanks for all your work Dan, it was great.

I didn't know this forum existed before London, you won't be getting rid of me now :D

Exactly what I like to hear....we have 4 years now to plan out, we'll have no excuses not to be informed by the time Rio 2016 comes around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭catch.23

Thanks Dan Man, read the updates all through the build-up and during the olympics and paralympics and really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Echo all of the above. Fair play DanMan for your brilliant coverage before the Olympics, during the Olympics and the Paralympics.

Should also thank Dodge for some fantastic articles before the games

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I really enjoyed watching the Team GB (Olympic and Paralympic) parade through London today and the Irish Paralypmic team coming home tonight. A fitting end to a wonderfful time in all our lives...:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Good show Dan man, both as a exemplary poster and mod of this forum.

Advertisement