Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap running gels?

Options
  • 09-09-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Anyone know the best place to buy any gels? Looking for Powerbar brand and would like to pay as little as possible for em :-p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

wiggle by the box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

rom wrote: »
    wiggle by the box

Sounds like a rap song! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Local store should sell them by the box. Anywhere between €35-€40. If you are a regular you should be able to get a better deal.

Local store should sell them by the box. Anywhere between €35-€40. If you are a regular you should be able to get a better deal.

They should but you could only buy a box with single x how many in the box. Pure silly so I bought online.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

try discount supplements aswell as wiggle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

go local:
    local-ish, anyway
    http://www.running.ie/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2122

Rom, if you're near Blarney cycles anytime they have the isogels, I think they were only 1euro each, not 100% as I got a few other bits while in there, but I remember thinking that was cheap. They are easy as on the stomach as they are on the wallet.

[edit] I know the op was about powerbar gels but those high5 ones are good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

They should but you could only buy a box with single x how many in the box. Pure silly so I bought online.

I think I got that, they should be doing box prices. We all understand singles will be more expensive or at least 'normal' retail price relative to a box deal.

If your store is doing single price X box quantity, thats just plain silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

b.harte wrote: »

I'd rather go foreign than give money to those cowboys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'd rather go foreign than give money to those cowboys.
    O...K....
    I used the search function, seems there may be...
    organisational issues...:rolleyes:
    with them, wasn't aware of that.
    I had 1 dealing with their other incarnation a few years ago, got a refund for a failed magazine subscription, after a while.

So, AKW, about that box price?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I get mine in bulk from Wiggle, several boxes at a time.

Not getting through quite as many these days but sure it was the cheapest source including any shipping costs. Once you buy enough other stuff from them over the year then you get extra discounts as well which is always good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Got a box of the isogels in the edge i think they took a euro or two off compared to the individual price.

BobMac104 wrote: »
    Got a box of the isogels in the edge i think they took a euro or two off compared to the individual price.
    The edge was the place where they won't give me a discount on buying by the box. They charge 7 euro for shakers that I get for free. I will be taking a spin over to AK for my next pair of clogs I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

BobMac104 wrote: »
    The edge was the place where they won't give me a discount on buying by the box. They charge 7 euro for shakers that I get for free. I will be taking a spin over to AK for my next pair of clogs I'd say.

Jaysus fair enough. I had a voucher so got what i needed. I was convinced i got a bit off.

Anyone ever try making their own?

Advertisement