Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet expo 2012

• 09-09-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Just saw on their facebook page there are 4 weeks left to go! So who's going this year? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭apache

I go every year. Not sure i will be able to make it this year. Very informative though and a great day out. Best of all you can bring your pet and chat to other owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ill be there with my two Rotties again representing the breed in the breed village so come say hi :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I've been the last three years but can't this yr cos I have a wedding. Brought my Mam last year and she loved it. Sickened I am missing it :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I thought it was meh last year...but will probably go this year anyways lol! Which day is busier - Saturday or Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

What is this? Id love to take the woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

andreac wrote: »
    Ill be there with my two Rotties again representing the breed in the breed village so come say hi :D

Ooh definately will, cooper was so friendly last year :) Im considering bringing our girl whos half rottie, show her what she should look like :P

tk123 wrote: »
    I thought it was meh last year...but will probably go this year anyways lol! Which day is busier - Saturday or Sunday?

I went on the Saturday last year and it was really busy but its hard to know with it being in a new venue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I'm not on Facebook. Where and when is it on? Any links? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.petexpo.ie

No need for Facebook

Im going to this now, looks fantastic and it's in October.

Is it better than the Pet Expo in Mallow this year? The Mallow one was OK, but could've done with more stalls and more people showing their pedigree dogs.

The mallow show was part of a home and garden show and from what I heard it didnt have half the stuff there. The one in punchestown is a stand alone show so it should be much better :)

Yeah. Just debating whether to load up wagon and dog to go to Punchestown from Cork...

The mallow show was part of a home and garden show and from what I heard it didnt have half the stuff there. The one in punchestown is a stand alone show so it should be much better :)

It was a bit crap last year compared to the year before imo so hopefully there'll be more space and free stuff this year. God last year I was going to buy cheap Robbies and vet bed ready for crate rest! :eek: The year has flown by!

It says on the website Punchestown. I assume this is the racecourse?

yup

http://www.petexpo.ie/visitor-info/floorplan

Thanks! The website didn't make it too clear for those of us who are not Irish and nor familiar with Dublin and surrounds...:)

No probs :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

Great. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

Yep the racecourse. Heres the directions from the site for others.

http://www.petexpo.ie/visitor-info/travel-a-accomodation

Got a message on FB, they are trying to organise a dog friendly bus from Dub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

andreac wrote: »

Yay! Another opportunity to see Cooper the big loveable cuddlemonster :D

I'm the girl who recognised him at the Paddy's Day show!! I've recognised so many dogs from boards IRL that it's bordering on sad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Are puppies welcome at this and where do you buy tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Oh dear. I just had a look through the World of Cats" section and now I'd like several pedigree cats. 3 cats is probably enough though.

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Are puppies welcome at this and where do you buy tickets?

Yep as long as they're vaccinated - they tell you to bring the vaccination card but I've never been asked for it. You can buy tickets online In advance or there on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm hoping to get out to this this year- I've never been. In two minds about bringing the woof though- he's tiny (chihuahua cross) and gets a little nervous in crowds so don't think it'd be worth putting him through the stress. I've a doggy carry bag for him but I only use that if I have to get a taxi with him, don't think he'd like to be carried around for an hour or two in it :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

wow i really want to go to this, it looks awesome. My baby pug is only half way to house training at the moment thow..not sure i fancy bringing a mop. Think ill have to leave her behind :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yeh it can be very tiring for young pups so it's easier to leave them behind although at the same time it's a great oppertunity to expose them to crowds and other animals and all that. I always thought pet strollers (why do I say strollers..they're buggies)..anyhoo..always thought they were a bit of a barmy idea but last time we went we could of really don't with one. Even though our Pap is fully grown (2 at the time) he got very tired (he's a country boy not used to the hussle and bussle of a city) and carrying him around for hours was no fun (for hubby) even he (think he's lost the plot when it comes to the Pap) thought a stroller would be a great idea for trips like pet expos.

...Have to agree there and maybe Santa Paws will get one for him....

Advertisement