Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet expo 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

:Di want to bring a bike with one of those tents on wheels behind it... people use them for kids and dogs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Where would you be cycling from? :D I think we should get a sponsorship going for Papillon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Here is an offer from Pigsback for anyone going to the Pet Expo, great deal actually!!

http://megadeals.pigsback.com/megadeal/46579?utm_source=Local&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20120912

Dunny wrote: »
    Where would you be cycling from? :D I think we should get a sponsorship going for Papillon :D

smithfield! might take me a while;)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

We used to use one of those for transporting our two when they were (much) smaller. If anyone wants it for 1-2 small/medium dogs (not exceeding combined weight of ~30 kg) they're welcome to it ;)

• Advertisement

Evac101 wrote: »
    We used to use one of those for transporting our two when they were (much) smaller. If anyone wants it for 1-2 small/medium dogs (not exceeding combined weight of ~30 kg) they're welcome to it ;)

i dont actually have a bike so ... :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

andreac wrote: »
    Here is an offer from Pigsback for anyone going to the Pet Expo, great deal actually!!

http://megadeals.pigsback.com/megadeal/46579?utm_source=Local&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20120912

Thanks for the heads up on that...just exchanged 1500 Piggypoints for a pass so it's Pet Expo for free this year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My mam is refusing to bring the dog from Clare to punchestown in the car so I guess I have to resign myself to fawning over everyone elses dogs instead of parading around with my girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RossPaws

Might bring my rattie boys this year! Animal people usually are okay with the rodents :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I'd love to take moone with me this year, I couldn't last year because I wasn't sure she would be allowed on a bus.
    As I don't drive I'll be taking the train up, can anybody tell me if the racecourse is near the train station or how long a taxi would take to get there?

• Advertisement

Only a week to go, yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭BullBauld

I'm gonna bring Rufus to this on Saturday. He's at the stage though where he just wants to cock his leg and have a pee on everything so don't stand too close :)
    Do say hello though if you see myself and my Airedale.

Need to get a few bits too....car harness etc.

Will take in Kildare Village too...they have kennels there to leave your dog in while shopping so handy that.

Looking forward to it.

anyone going from the city centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I really want to go to this! I'd love to bring Isabella but she's only a little hamster and while she'd have a ball (she's very nosy and active!) I'd be terrified something would happen her! Be great to get to handle more rodents though, I really want to handle some rats, I think I want to get them next... Exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There's a free shuttle bus going from Sallins I heard on the radio.

There's a free shuttle bus going from Sallins I heard on the radio.

oooh

now to figure out how to get to Sallins ahaha :rolleyes:

Papillon! wrote: »
    oooh

now to figure out how to get to Sallins ahaha :rolleyes:

You can get the train to Sallins. Think it goes from Heuston Station.

Theres a shuttle bus going from Naas too.

I think the actual station is called sallins and naas :) does anyone know what exit would be best from the motorway coming from the other side of the country or is punchestown sign posted?

Are you coming up from the South on the N7? If so, just take the Naas exit, not the one that has Newbridge on it. The one closer to Dublin. The one where the big round ball is at. It should be signposted Naas/Sallins as far as i know.

Just checked Google maps for you there, its def Exit 9 and its sign posted Naas/Sallins.

• Advertisement

Thanks andreac. definitely going to look into this:)

What day are people thinking of going? Im going on Saturday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What day are people thinking of going? Im going on Saturday :)

We're going Sunday - pending no crappy reviews on Saturday lol :pac:

tk123 wrote: »
    We're going Sunday - pending no crappy reviews on Saturday lol :pac:

Ill keep you posted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Aw, pigsback sold out. Damn. Oh well, going anyway. Taking Bradley, should be interesting, will have to put him in the car for a wee while to take in the cat area, will do that last so he'll be tired out by then :) At 4mths all he wants to do is play with every other dog he sees, he's gonna have a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Actually, just thinking, my lad is a GS x Collie, but very little collie showing in him. Would I have to have him muzzled if i brought him? He's nearly 5mths old, and very loving and playful, I have never yet muzzled him and don't really want to start.

cant go, its just too hard to get to when I dont drive :(

Papillon! wrote: »
    cant go, its just too hard to get to when I dont drive :(

Can you not get the train down and the shuttle bus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

PARTY IN MY GAFF!

Seriously though, I think I'll head over saturday, but won't be bringing the boys. Harley will stress and I don't want to muzzle Phoe.

So I'll be there without my dogs, and I bet I'll be able to pick some of you out because of your pics on the photo thread. I'll be like a spy :D

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Can you not get the train down and the shuttle bus?

Dont think they would allow the puppy on the shuttle bus, do you reckon they would?

If its a shuttle bus only for the Pet Expo Id imagine so, and Id have her carrier box. But if its a shuttle bus in general they might not

Advertisement