Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dole Qs and iPhones!

• 09-09-2012 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Only just signed on for the first time ever,was just wondering why most people on social have iPhones?
    Is there a way to claim for an iPhone, a special form or something.
    My phones battery wont even last for more that three hours while evryone else has brand new iPhones.
    How can they all afford them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭apache

Ha ha thats the million dollar question. Social welfare does/did have a mobile phone allowance. Crazy stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

You can get phones for free as part of a billing contract on most networks, or you only have to pay e50 or something towards them!

Yeah but you need a credit check and if you get it for free as a new customer you usually have to enter a 24 month contract with at least e40 a month so yeah i suppose it is possible to flash the iphone when collecting dole. Also not sure if still going on but defo used to get a mobile allowance to help pay your bill and i assumed that was what op meant. The price of the monthly bill not actual phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

apache wrote: »
    Yeah but you need a credit check and if you get it for free as a new customer you usually have to enter a 24 month contract with at least e40 a month so yeah i suppose it is possible to flash the iphone when collecting dole. Also not sure if still going on but defo used to get a mobile allowance to help pay your bill and i assumed that was what op meant. The price of the monthly bill not actual phone.

There is a household benefit package that you can get with certain benefits (disability/ invalidity/ carers/ blind person) where they give you a few quid off your phone bill every month. It wouldn't be worth getting disabled for!!!!

People get it with none of the above issues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Away to AH. This isn't really BGRH material.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement