Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People who are way overrated.

• 09-09-2012 12:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Alicia Keys, her music and screaming hurts my ears, she plays an instrument and makes soulful facial expressions and people think she is amazing.

Steven Gerard, apart from a few inspired moments he has possibly been the worst thing to happen Liverpool in the last 14 years. The statistics prove the awful effect he has on Liverpool. They have a better winning percentage without him, enough said.

Muhammad Ali IMO is overrated, but not by that much.

I find a lot of people from the past who have retired in their profession are overrated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Einsten....way overrated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Only person I hate is Kerry katona - I'll use any excuse to say that out loud. I know she's not overrated now, but she was once. I hate her.

girl2 wrote: »
    Only person I hate is Kerry katona - I'll use any excuse to say that out loud. I know she's not overrated now, but she was once. I hate her.

Mawnin....hows the head? :)

Mawnin....hows the head? :)

Haha! Am ok kinda. How's yer own head?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Audrey Hepburn.

Started to watch Breakfast At Tiffany's last night. Had to turn it off halfway through. Definitely not all that.

A young George Peppard on the other hand. Hello!!

• Advertisement

Haha! Am ok kinda. How's yer own head?? :D

[checks mirror] ...yup, still ugly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Alicia Keys, her music and screaming hurts my ears, she plays an instrument and makes soulful facial expressions and people think she is amazing.

Steven Gerard, apart from a few inspired moments he has possibly been the worst thing to happen Liverpool in the last 14 years. The statistics prove the awful effect he has on Liverpool. They have a better winning percentage without him, enough said.

I find a lot of people from the past who have retired in their profession are overrated.

The worst thing to happen to Liverpool in the last 14 years was Hicks & Gillett and the glory hunter supporters who started following the club after they won the Champions League. Steven Gerrard practically won the Champions League Final on his own and also the FA Cup the following year and is regarded as the greatest ever player alongside Dalglish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The Stone Roses.

They made two great songs, and the rest was a pile of unlistenable tripe.

Larianne wrote: »
    Audrey Hepburn.

Started to watch Breakfast At Tiffany's last night. Had to turn it off halfway through. Definitely not all that.

A young George Peppard on the other hand. Hello!!

Ah no, totally have to disagree - Audrey Hepburn was truly fabulous, a style icon and oozed class and perfection without even trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Johnny Depp, same old gimmicks everytime and always in rubbish movies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

All those Twilight f.uckwits.

That Kristin Stewart, she's not even that good looking! Fair enough, she's better looking than me, but my cats arse can act better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

Most RTE "Stars"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Will.I.Am

A thousand times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Maggie 2 wrote: »
    Most RTE "Stars"

Just about to type that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

She still manages to get her munchkin head in the glossys for her yo-yo dieting and hanging off guys half her age, so still very much over-rated. She should be told to píss off quietly out of the limelight at this stage and only come back when she has any actual talent to speak of!

Oh yeah, over-rated? Richard Dawkins!

"I don't believe in God, but Richard Dawkins...".

Really? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

dlofnep wrote: »
    The Stone Roses.

They made two great songs, and the rest was a pile of unlistenable tripe.

Spearheaded a generation of music

What exactly is he overrated about? Being a world renowned biologist?

Spearheaded a generation of music

Yeah, doesn't change my point though. Their music is bland at best... with the exception of those two songs. I have the two albums here and listened to them again a few weeks back to see if I missed something when I was younger.. Nope, my initial suspicions were correct - the albums were shíte.

Ah no, totally have to disagree - Audrey Hepburn was truly fabulous, a style icon and oozed class and perfection without even trying.

She wore a nice black dress, yeah. But her voice is whiney and her hair was a mess.

Keira Knightley wears her costumes well but she's still a pain in the face to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Wibbs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

The worst thing to happen to Liverpool in the last 14 years was Hicks & Gillett and the glory hunter supporters who started following the club after they won the Champions League. Steven Gerrard practically won the Champions League Final on his own and also the FA Cup the following year and is regarded as the greatest ever player alongside Dalglish.

Yes I know he had those two great moments as he does some good qualities. But overall he's been disastrous for Liverpool.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/10/the-question-steven-gerrard-liverpool?cat=football&type=article

Stats don't lie. He has no football brain, he tries far too many 60 yard passes that don't come off. He's simply a bad player who I wouldn't let near most premier league teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Lady GaGa, all her songs sound the same to me, except that one Madonna song she ripped off :P

While I'm at it, Madonna's being getting away with being overrated for years now.....

Oh and also Helena Bonham Carter

Just feck off would ya! Weirdo beatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Grayditch wrote: »
    Will.I.Am

A thousand times.

Was watching Top Gear the other day with him on it, seems very down to earth and modest about his contributions to the poor.

He has created a lot of jobs in his old area, which is a ghetto, said he was sick of all the politicians promising to improve things so he said since he had the money he will do it.

Still, looks like an eijitt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Liam Neeson, the man can't act!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

:O

You take that back?! How dare you !!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 whiskey_bar

david bechkham

by no means near a legend of the game yet possibley the most famous sports star of the past twenty years , the defintion of corporate naffness

Ohh oh, he's gona find you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Bob Marley.

He was a good musician no doubt. But my likeness for him has been ruined by the amount of clueless gimps who elevate him because he smoked weed, with F all knowledge of his music.

Same with 2pac. He had a nice collection of original hits like California Love, Do for Love, Changes, Dear Mama, Thugz Mansion etc.

But this whole "Tupac figured out the illuminati, that's why we was killed DERP DERP" and endless quotes that people make up about him have just made me sick to death of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Um, yes he can. He picks a few "questionable" roles, but he can act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj et al.

How anyone thinks the tripe they produce is music is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Thomas Edison

benwavner wrote: »
    Oh and also Helena Bonham Carter

Just feck off would ya! Weirdo beatch.

Ah now, she's good when she's not in a Burton film. The King's Speech being an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

50 Shades of Grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

John Lennon

Adele

Lady gaga

Twilight and all the movies and cast

Jessie j

Gary Barlow

Cheryl freakin cole

Any dickheads on x factor that people mysteriously like ie matt cardle, Janet decline, Diana vickers (of course no one cares about them NOW but when xf is on theres always a **** favourite)

• Advertisement

Ah now, she's good when she's not in a Burton film. The King's Speech being an example.

Really? I havent seen that film, probably because Colin Firth is in it. Hmmm so you are saying it's all Burton's fault?

That's it, now he's on my list!

Oh also Brezzie...........makes me ashamed to be Irish. :(

Really? I havent seen that film, probably because Colin Firth is in it. Hmmm so you are saying it's Burton's fault?

It's a good movie.

Burton made some good movies - Batman, Batman Returns, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands. But then he lost his magic. Actually seemed to be around the time he meet Helena (on Planet of the Apes) so actually yeah, hate the bítch. It's all her fault. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Chris O'Dowd is very overated in my opinion, a bit like an overated Borat type character (Sacha Baron Cohen).

John Lennon

Adele

Lady gaga

Twilight and all the movies and cast

Jessie j

Gary Barlow

Cheryl freakin cole

Any dickheads on x factor that people mysteriously like ie matt cardle, Janet decline, Diana vickers (of course no one cares about them NOW but when xf is on theres always a **** favourite)

Ah I like Chewy Cole, over-rated certainly, but not really the worst! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

It's a good movie.

Burton made some good movies - Batman, Batman Returns, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands. But then he lost his magic. Actually seemed to be around the time he meet Helena (on Planet of the Apes) so actually yeah, hate the bítch. It's all her fault. :mad:

Tim Burton didn't "lose his magic", he just makes the same movie over and over and people have finally copped on.

• Advertisement

It's a good movie.

Now yer coming around, I like you. We could hunt her down together!

I agree that Burton is good, he has a great rapore with Depp and they work well together......but mixing in Carter reaaaaaallllllly pisses me off.

I think she tries too hard to be quirky and on the same level as the two guys but comes across too "cardboard" and fails to hit the right spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Definitely Jessie J.

How she was allowed close the olypmics is beyond me all the while murdering a Queen classic. She has a real problem pronouncing words too (Oh daarlin that was redonkulous) F**king TWAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Ricky Gervais.

Seems like some one, some where decided he 'was funny' without watching him for any length of time whatsoever!

This rumour seems to have stuck though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Mrs Browns Boys is absolutly f**king sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

mkdon05 wrote: »
    Definitely Jessie J.

How she was allowed close the olypmics is beyond me all the while murdering a Queen classic. She has a real problem pronouncing words too (Oh daarlin that was redonkulous) F**king TWAT!

If you can't sing properly, you shouldn't be allowed near a Queen song. Under pain of pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fleetwood Mac.

Also when did we decide it's acceptable to like Fleetwood Mac again?

Tim Burton didn't "lose his magic", he just makes the same movie over and over and people have finally copped on.

While he uses the same set designer, music composer (and probably cinematographer) on films, I don't think any of the films I mentioned above are similar. Well apart from the Batmans for obvious reasons. :)
    Now yer coming around, I like you. We could hunt her down together!

Let's hit her with her own shoes!
    mkdon05 wrote: »
    Definitely Jessie J.

How the feck did she get to sing TWO songs at that??

LordSutch wrote: »
    Chris O'Dowd is very overated in my opinion, a bit like an overated Borat type character (Sacha Baron Cohen).

he,s a smug irish man with a hairy face , not much else

dlofnep wrote: »

What exactly is he overrated about? Being a world renowned biologist?

Lets be honest, he's more well known for his atheist ideals than he is for his actual contributions to actual science!

His followers certainly put him up on a pedestal, I just did a quick Google there and found his page on Wikipedia, I genuinely hadn't known before that he made any contribution to the field of biology, it's just that nowadays you can't go anywhere without meeting an atheist who feels the need to ram it down your throat and then bleat on about how visionary Richard Dawkins is. So just while the name was in my head, I googled, and it was only then I found out he had anything to do with biology. So "world renowned biologist" is a bit of a stretch!

Fleetwood Mac.

Also when did we decide it's acceptable to like Fleetwood Mac again?

fleetwood mac have always been very underated , they never had much cred

• Advertisement
Advertisement