Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People who are way overrated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

1ZRed wrote: »
    This lad. He was in The Blizzards and a judge on the voice of Ireland.

Ahh, I think I still would :pac:

Had to Youtube The Blizzards there. Oh dear oh dear, that's some awful rubbish altogether! But I suppose it's not aimed at me. Fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Sorry there was a typo in the middle of that which said "loser" and should have said "lower". I apologise though because it was supposed to be slagging but the typo made it look like a spiteful comment.

Fair enough. Friends again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Lelantos wrote: »
    Bit harsh, not all of them are pampered prima donnas, some get an average wage :)

ok sorry, well the ones that get an average wage are okay then. The rest should be given an average wage also. ;)
    I tend to agree, when you see 19yo Brazilian kids going to PSG for 35k a day! in wages, you know something is very wrong with this world

Why? People are free to spend their own money how they wish. Would you prefer to be told what you can and can't spend your money on?
    The point is how much they are paid, when you're getting paid 35k a day for kicking a ball about, you have to begin to question the sanity of the sport. I don't care what he spends it in, faberge eggs & solid gold toilets for all I care

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Bit harsh, not all of them are pampered prima donnas, some get an average wage :)

ok sorry, well the ones that get an average wage are okay then. The rest should be given an average wage also. ;)
    I tend to agree, when you see 19yo Brazilian kids going to PSG for 35k a day! in wages, you know something is very wrong with this world

Why? People are free to spend their own money how they wish. Would you prefer to be told what you can and can't spend your money on?
    The point is how much they are paid, when you're getting paid 35k a day for kicking a ball about, you have to begin to question the sanity of the sport. I don't care what he spends it in, faberge eggs & solid gold toilets for all I care

They are being paid 35k a week because they offer value we simply don't.

They are being paid 35k a week because they offer value we simply don't.
    35k a day! No value in that, this is why football clubs go bust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Angeline Jolie is ugly as ****!

better get yourself a doctor, because it sounds like you caught The Ghey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

jmayo wrote: »
    Oh FFS.
    REM who can actually play, write their own stuff and perform live are now worse than a bunch of kids who are probably miming manufactured drivel. :rolleyes:
    You've majorly misinterpreted me. People are listing out the likes of Jedward, Bieber etc - these are not over-rated in a critical sense. No critic would even think about them, let alone rate them.
    Over-rated, to me anyway, means critically lauded generally speaking but you can't understand what the fuss is about. For me, that's REM. I don't think they're atrocious or anything but I definitely don't understand why they are deemed so brilliant either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Jennifer Lopez, a money grabbing cnut who can't hold down a boyfriend or husband because her personality makes Madonna look like a Florence Nightingale.

A completely average singer and as for her looks....walk down Roosevelt Avenue in Queens in New York, or any Hispanic neighbourhood, and "J-Lo" would be in the mediocre bracket at best.

Paul McCartney is another average arsehole. A mediocre musician and a thoroughly average singer. Genius? My bollocks!

Jennifer Lopez, a money grabbing cnut who can't hold down a boyfriend or husband because her personality makes Madonna look like a Florence Nightingale.

A completely average singer and as for her looks....walk down Roosevelt Avenue in Queens in New York, or any Hispanic neighbourhood, and "J-Lo" would be in the mediocre bracket at best.

Paul McCartney is another average arsehole. A mediocre musician and a thoroughly average singer. Genius? My bollocks!
    Nooo, not JLo! In her forties & fit as fck!
    Decent actress, good singer, but hawt as hell, think you may need to go to the doc with the Angelina Jolie fella! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Roddy Collins

The most successful failed football manager ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'm sure its been said but Bob Dylan as a singer. Not a voice I'd want to hear.

Also David Gray. Bob Marley. U2. Paul McCartney as a solo artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Nani....some bluffer lasting at United this long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I'm not a fan of him myself but after having seen the guy live I can assure you that you're talking out of your arse.

Genius? Maybe not. Mediocre musician, average singer? lol

I watched a 67 year old man wipe the floor with most lads half his age with at least 4 encores and the crowd (the sold out O2) were literally mesmerised.

He didn't even need his backing band except for the drummer maybe, he was that good. Piano, electric and acoustic guitar and bass guitar with not a bother on him. Not a single note out of place.

Don't know many mediocre musicians who can manage that sort of feat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Madam_X wrote: »
    You've majorly misinterpreted me. People are listing out the likes of Jedward, Bieber etc - these are not over-rated in a critical sense. No critic would even think about them, let alone rate them.
    Over-rated, to me anyway, means critically lauded generally speaking but you can't understand what the fuss is about. For me, that's REM. I don't think they're atrocious or anything but I definitely don't understand why they are deemed so brilliant either.

Ok fair enough. You are tlaking about critical acclaim and probably acceptance from fellow professionals.
    I wouldn't rate REM as brilliant, but I would rate them as pretty good.
    And to show what I mean by good I rate all the teenbopper manufactured sh**e as just that, sh**e.
    lazygal wrote: »

People rate him as a writer and even poet rather than a singer.

The sad thing is that if the likes of the simon cowells and the TV talent shows had their way we would never really get to hear the likes of Dylan or any of the other so so singers like Mark Knopfler, Leonard Cohen, etc even though these guys are brilliant writers or musicians.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Harry Potter, I know it is children's/teen fiction which I never read, but recently I seen the box set. It was good, but no-way 300million book sales worth.

I read all the children's/teen fiction when younger, there is better out there. But Harry Potter was very imaginative. Perhaps I was expecting more or as an adult the story was not written for me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Victoria Beckham......pop star (not) and fashion designer (not). How people pay money for her designs will never cease to amaze me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

surprised U2 have not been mentioned more..ye scoundrels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't think that many people rate Dylan's voice, his music is really centred on the lyrics. In fact, it's his voice that stops a lot of people from getting into him, from my experience. People take one listen and just because he doesn't sound like Marvin Gaye, they immediately turn it off and don't want to hear any more. I think it would be more of an unpopular opinion to say that you do like his voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

There's no Brazilian kid on 35K per day. Only the most elite players get that sort of money, and they make up only a small % of pro footballers. 35K per week is standard enough at most Premier League clubs alright (not all though, some would be paying a bit less). It's obscene money I know but unfair of you to imply they all get that sort of money. Most professional fotballers would be on far far less than even 35K per week let alone per day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Nooo, not JLo! In her forties & fit as fck!
    Decent actress, good singer, but hawt as hell, think you may need to go to the doc with the Angelina Jolie fella! :)

Angelina Jolie.....fish faced hag

• Advertisement

aidan24326 wrote: »

There's no Brazilian kid on 35K per day. Only the most elite players get that sort of money, and they make up only a small % of pro footballers. 35K per week is standard enough at most Premier League clubs alright (not all though, some would be paying a bit less). It's obscene money I know but unfair of you to imply they all get that sort of money. Most professional fotballers would be on far far less than even 35K per week let alone per day.
    I have already stated here that players in the lower leagues earn an average wage, I never implied otherwise. But if you see the team I mentioned you will know they aren't in the premier league, and that they are paying crazy wages. Ok, 35k a day was the top newspaper report I saw & supposed to include bonuses etc, but still, basic salary is going to be huge, prob quarter mill a month.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

OSI wrote: »
    I know this is said about all book to movie franchises. But you cannot judge the Harry Potter books by the movies. There is so much missing from the movies that the books give you, it's almost criminal.
    Yeah I agree, started reading them as a kid and finished them as an adult and really enjoyed them. Didn't see all the films, but the ones I did were fairly awful I thought.

HP mightn't be the greatest childrens' books ever written, but they helped inspire a generation of children to read, which can never be over rated.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Roddy Collins

The most successful failed football manager ever.

How many clubs have gone to the wall with him in charge? 2 or 3?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Ryan Giggs - was a good player, not a great player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Einsten....way overrated!

never heard of her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Angelina Jolie.....fish faced hag

sure she is, I bet your imaginary girlfriend is Susan Boyle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Guns N' Roses: They get too much airtime on radio and on Kerrang, Scuzz and MTV2, This has to end! and I just hate Axl, complete wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Kasabian
    Snow Patrol
    Brent Pope
    George Hook
    Michael Jackson
    Dr. Dre
    Amy Winehouse
    Adele
    Meryl Streep
    Al Pacino
    Dustin Hoffman
    Jamie Foxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Face Licker

Face Kicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

lala88 wrote: »

Good old Roddy Collins

Carlisle United
    Dublin City
    Cork City
    Shamrock Rovers
    Monaghan United

He won the league with Bohemians (when they had money)
    Now they are broke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Kasabian
    Snow Patrol
    Brent Pope
    George Hook
    Michael Jackson
    Dr. Dre
    Amy Winehouse
    Adele
    Meryl Streep
    Al Pacino
    Dustin Hoffman
    Jamie Foxx

I'm going to need an explanation I'm afraid.

ErnieBert wrote: »
    lala88 wrote: »

Good old Roddy Collins

Carlisle United
    Dublin City
    Cork City
    Shamrock Rovers
    Monaghan United

He won the league with Bohemians (when they had money)
    Now they are broke
    In fairness, most LoIrl clubs are in poor financial health, can't blame Roddy for all that mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'm seeing Bill Hicks pop up here a lot and I'd like to address it. He wasn't a comedian and he would have told you that himself.

He was a social commentator (and a damn fine one) who just happened to express his ideas in a funny way.

He couldn't care less if he made you laugh, as long as he made you think.

He was a comedian and considered himself so.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

What about De Niro, I mean besides Meet the parents what else was he in that is worth talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Sully34 wrote: »
    What about De Niro, I mean besides Meet the parents what else was he in that is worth talking about?

Are you joking?

Raging Bull
    Taxi Driver
    Goodfellas
    A Bronx Tale
    Awakening's.

I could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Also David Gray. Bob Marley. U2. Paul McCartney as a solo artist.

You have a point about Dylan as a singer but because he had so many great songs I could not have him on an over-rated list.

David Gray is a great call, hate his whiny nasal voice.

I will add lady gaga to the list. I dont get her.

PDCAT wrote: »
    Are you joking?

Raging Bull
    Taxi Driver
    Goodfellas
    A Bronx Tale
    Awakening's.

I could go on.
    Oh yeah forgot he was in Goodfellas,it wasnt great though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

tulisa.......... voted sexiest woman alive............comical.you see better looking junkies sitting begging at atm's ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

gdavis wrote: »
    tulisa.......... voted sexiest woman alive............comical.you see better looking junkies sitting begging at atm's ffs

She is attractive, I want to find the junkies you speak of, but your right sexiest woman alive is ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

oh and brendan o carroll,the most annoying unfunniest cnut ever

:confused:

Ever heard of The Godfather II? Up there as one of the greatest films ever made. He speaks multiple Sicilian dialects for almost the entire movie, with only a few lines in English. There probably is an argument to be made that he ain't what he used to be, but back in the day that man was a pretty incredible actor.

:confused:

Ever heard of The Godfather II? Up there as one of the greatest films ever made. He speaks multiple Sicilian dialects for almost the entire movie, with only a few lines in English. There probably is an argument to be made that he ain't what he used to be, but back in the day that man was a pretty incredible actor.
    I saw part 1 and 3. I thought the first one was boring enough but the third was class. Must check out part two sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

It's funny, can't imagine too many would think 'Meet the Parents' straight away when De Niros name is mentioned.

I saw part 1 and 3. I thought the first one was boring enough but the third was class. Must check out part two sometime

I don't hold out much hope if you thought part I was "boring"!
    flyswatter wrote: »
    It's funny, can't imagine too many would think 'Meet the Parents' straight away when De Niros name is mentioned.

Must be De Niro for a new generation. Shame, really. He used to have integrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I don't hold out much hope if you thought part I was "boring"!

I enjoyed all three Godfather films, first two obviously are top drawer but even part 3 is good in its own right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

This fella called Brian that used to knock around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Robert Pattinson.

I know I'm a bloke but, I can still see that Brad Pitt, for example, is a good looking chap. But Robert Pattinson.. is just.... freakish.

flyswatter wrote: »
    I enjoyed all three Godfather films, first two obviously are top drawer but even part 3 is good in its own right.

Oh yeah, I agree. He just said that he thought part 1 was boring, so I'm just saying that I dunno how he'll find the second part given it's even longer than the first one. Personally, I think the first part is the best of the three, although De Niro is incredible in the second. Pacino really comes into his own in the second one too, but I love Marlon Brando in the first one and also Michael's whole journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Let's just assume that Sully is 12 and thinks Meet The parents was De Niro's big break in Hollywood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

pretty obviously a WUM

• Advertisement
Advertisement