Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB - to switch or not to switch....?

Options
  • 09-09-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Heya guys,

I'm a bit at a loss. I have been with AIB for 2 years now and can't complain about the customer support and understanding I have received in many regards.

However, as it is now I'm not sure I can afford the quarterly charges anymore. This might sound ridiculous but we have a 2 people household with one income of 24k/year, no married tax possibilities as we are cohabiting. 28€ is quite a bit and we are avoiding any luxuries already....

Around the end of last year I had wanted to switch to Ulster Bank for their Visa debit but in the light of recent fiasco I'm glad I didn't do that. I was going to hold out until AIB issued the cards but with the most recent postpone of those I'm honestly losing my patience.

Frankly, i don't trust UB after what happened and I'm not sure I would like to go to BOI as I have been treated pretty badly when i originally wanted to open my account with them in 2010 (lots of hidden insults for not being Irish).

Does anyone have experience with the branches in Cork and surrounding for some advise? Sorry for the rant!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ same here....basically i decided to VASTLY reduce my Laser card or lodgements. I have one DD i must maintain, from now on i'll just use cash, before i'd to use for everything!....sure it was free!, why not? i said.

Now....

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

I have been trying to reduce my usage of the card as well but i just don't feel secure if i have too much cash on me....it's ridiculous what they are doing....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Chessala wrote: »
    I have been trying to reduce my usage of the card as well but i just don't feel secure if i have too much cash on me....it's ridiculous what they are doing....

It's madness!.....in the current climate how many people can maintain 2,500 avialable cash at all times?, and if you dip ONE CENT under that limit at any time in the quarter you a charged for the WHOLE QUARTER :eek:

:mad:

Advertisement