Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JavaScript / JSP / Web Design books.

Options
  • 09-09-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I've been working in Software Development for the last nine years and am in the job market again.
    In that time I worked in one company. Their website was fairly basic, certainly not cutting edge. As a result, certain skills of mine are not up-to-scratch, namely JavaScript / JSP / Web Design.

I will need to read up on these in advance of interviews etc, get my skills up and in tune with jargon.

Can any posters recommend good JavaScript / JSP / Web Design books for me?
    I would regard myself as a good software engineer but not a nerd. I do my job good at work but I don't stay beyond the standard day, and don't think about IT and code at home. I don't have my own website and I use the default "look" on Chrome, gmail, etc. For me, software development is a job not a vocation. Computers are tools not toys.

Note, I give the previous paragraph as an indication of where I am technically. I know about software, but I don't talk in bits and bites.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I found the Missing Manual for Javascript & JQuery to be a fairly good introduction. It's got tutorials at the end of every chapter that are pretty decent for getting your head around the concepts and seeing the possibilities with the language and framework.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jsn.peters

Hope it goes well, Know how you feel man, went through the same process, the company I was lucky enough to get a job with are giving me in house training

Advertisement