Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 qualification

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Kirby wrote: »
    Atletico sent that message pretty clearly last season and I think the Spanish lads were re-informed by the Slovakians the other night.

I think they've gotten the message.

Again, Luis Enrique must be suffering from some pretty severe hearing problems because he hasn't heard it. This season sees Barcelona top of the league, having scored some vintage tiki taka goals and have not ever betrayed their principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Spain were a failure in organisation last night. Players out of position, getting in each others way...Cazorla at right back for 10 mins and Pedro for Albiol after 58 minutes didn't help Spain.

Slovakia on the other hand had a plan to defend and hit Spain on the counter. Played Hamsik up top to link things up. Kept the wide players fresh with subs so they have the legs to defend and link up with Hamsik when he needed an option.

Casillas made a mess of the free kick but made a world class save in the first 10 mins.

Also Durica being overlooked a bit...rock solid all night. That run to win the free kick for the first goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Netherlands losing to Kazakhstan at home!

What is going on there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rikand wrote: »
    Netherlands losing to Kazakhstan at home!

What is going on there.....

Their front 6 only has one real midfielder looking at it there, lens/affelay and robben are wingers, sneidjer is a 10 and rvp is a striker. De jong the only recognisable centre mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Belgium steamrolling andorra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Poor Kazakhs, feeling bad for them now. 3-1 for the Dutch, but the equalizer was actually offside, and the penalty for the 3rd goal was IMO never a penalty, as the Kazhak clearly played the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

All three goals in Italy 2-1 Azerbaijan were scored by Giorgio Chiellini!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

DubDani wrote: »
    Poor Kazakhs, feeling bad for them now. 3-1 for the Dutch, but the equalizer was actually offside, and the penalty for the 3rd goal was IMO never a penalty, as the Kazhak clearly played the ball.

The ref gave Kazakhstan nothing, they were well organized and came very close to getting a result.

Not long ago the RTE panel were ridiculing Noel King for only beating them 3-1 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Somebody needs to tell Luis Enrique, Messi and co. at Barcelona that tiki taka is done because I don't think they've quite gotten the message.

They don't play pure tiki-taka, so they've very much got the message actually.

Most of their goals have come from 5 passes or less this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Look I know its funny but these minnows really do need to be shovelled off into two groups of no-hopers and let them play each other with the best two going through to the finals - that way they play games that actually matter and get a great reward which will add money to their FAs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Jesus this is shambolic, I though originally, "hey, let's give these small guys a chance at the big time"

But now, FFS what a stupid decision by UEFA to let them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Look I know its funny but these minnows really do need to be shovelled off into two groups of no-hopers and let them play each other with the best two going through to the finals - that way they play games that actually matter and get a great reward which will add money to their FAs.

Would make no sense. So instead of getting thumped we side pocket them, allow two to qualify for a finals and bring down the standard of that whilst still seeing them getting even further humiliated while there?

They should play one/two rounds of knock out to make the qualifiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

"You're not good enough" is one of the absolute worst reasons for excluding teams, but the problem with Gibraltar is that with a population of 22,000 they are never going to improve much beyond what they've been so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

A georgian goal would be sweet

Scotland win 1-0 at home to Georgia. Time for us to all become temporary Germans in an hour or so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Poland v Germany is on ITV 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Zico wrote: »

Looking forward to it, and hope Poland can do something....head says Germany, heart says POLSKA POLSKA!!!

Disclaimer: I am in love with a Polish girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

keith16 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, and hope Poland can do something....head says Germany, heart says POLSKA POLSKA!!!

Disclaimer: I am in love with a Polish girl

Is she in love with you?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Is she in love with you?:D

She says that she is. But I don't know what goes on in that beautiful slavic mind of hers. :P

Predictions for the game, I'm gonna go 1-1. To Germany.

• Advertisement

Zico wrote: »

"programme not available in ROI" on upc :mad:

Poland holding out against a side that is not quite slick enough, though getting closer as the half ticked by. Looks like a 0-2 FT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If we have any chance of beating Germany we want a draw here, if Germany are going to tonk us again we need a German win here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If we have any chance of beating Germany we want a draw here, if Germany are going to tonk us again we need a German win here.

So we need a German win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

dreamers75 wrote: »

Ideally you want Germany to win all their other games home and away.

Poland 1-0 up.

If Poland get anything from this, the likely hood of us getting anything at all Tuesday will be gone.

I'd also say that Poland will be no pushovers home or away. Some technically good footballers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Uh-oh.... this wont be good for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Poland 1 up, fcuk yeah!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

This is on ITV 4 / turned it on and Poland scored- bad for Ireland

"programme not available in ROI" on upc :mad:

I love my tv with built in HD satellite tuner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ideally you want Germany to win all their other games home and away.

Poland 1-0 up.

If Poland get anything from this, the likely hood of us getting anything at all Tuesday will be gone.

I'd also say that Poland will be no pushovers home or away. Some technically good footballers.

yeah pretty much a battle for 2nd place and Poland our main obstacle to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think a draw is written all over the Poland/Germany match which is the best result for Ireland

• Advertisement

This is potentially disastrous.

I think we'll end up 3rd and in the qualifiers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think a draw is written all over the Poland/Germany match which is the best result for Ireland

German win is the best result for Ireland the Germans will top the group so it's best they beat everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

efb wrote: »
    I love my tv with built in HD satellite tuner

Way to make those of us less fortunate and stuck watching xfactor feel like poo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

This could blow the group wide open.
    But ultimately it's not a good result for us:(

20 mins for Germany to find a way back into this

Rikand wrote: »
    Way to make those of us less fortunate and stuck watching xfactor feel like poo :(

I think I'd rather watch QVC than X Factor- same difference peddling cheap tat

German win is the best result for Ireland the Germans will top the group so it's best they beat everyone else.

Both teams dropping points is the best result for Ireland. Germany have been beatable post World Cup tbh.

Damn you Szcneszy!!

Some save though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dempsey wrote: »
    Both teams dropping points is the best result for Ireland. Germany have been beatable post World Cup tbh.

Chances are we will now have to get a result in one of the two games against Germany or take 4 pts off Poland to finish top 2 something I wouldn't be confident of.

We won't be top 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

holy sh1t!!!!

Game over!

GOTT IN HIMMEL!

Group is wide open now

Well done Poland - we are looking at 1st and 2nd here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

German back lash coming Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well so much for Germany hoovering up all the points. Poland in driving seat.

First ever Polish win against Germany. And only Loews second defeat in a qualifier since he took the reign in 2006 (first one was a 0-3 against the Czechs a few years back when they were already qualified).

I am convinced that the Germans will still win the group comfortably. Poland, Scotland and Ireland will take loads of points of each other, with the Germans now more focused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Poland could blow up somewhere else, against Scotland for example.

Advertisement