Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography and ag science in a year

• 09-09-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

so repeating the leaving in the institute of education and taking up 2 new subjects as seen in the title "geography and agricultural science" has any1 done them in a year and got good grades? i heard geography is iffy and abit tough,
    so please share your opinions on those 2 :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Reon wrote: »
    so repeating the leaving in the institute of education and taking up 2 new subjects as seen in the title "geography and agricultural science" has any1 done them in a year and got good grades? i heard geography is iffy and abit tough,
    so please share your opinions on those 2 :D

I took up geography in a year and got a B1 without killing myself
    I learned about 40 essays two weeks before the exam and got caught out in 1 only section considering it was a difficult paper.

theres alot of easy marks to be gotten in geography. The short questions are easy and the project was a great place to get marks only lost 4 marks in it myself.

theres maps and reading graphs which account for a good number of marks.

hope this helped, didnt do ag science:)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

Sunny!! wrote: »
    I took up geography in a year and got a B1 without killing myself
    I learned about 40 essays two weeks before the exam and got caught out in 1 only section considering it was a difficult paper.

theres alot of easy marks to be gotten in geography. The short questions are easy and the project was a great place to get marks only lost 4 marks in it myself.

theres maps and reading graphs which account for a good number of marks.

hope this helped, didnt do ag science:)
    thanks alot mate did help alot and gratz in B1 , ok so i may start working on the essays asap lol, and the project, btw how long were the essays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Reon wrote: »
    thanks alot mate did help alot and gratz in B1 , ok so i may start working on the essays asap lol, and the project, btw how long were the essays?

What I realised from viewing the scripts and why i didnt get an A was the essays under a page were only getting around 20. But the essays I wrote a page and a quarter i got full marks in (thats the 30 markers)

the option in the back of the paper needs to be 3 and a bit.

Sunny!! wrote: »
    What I realised from viewing the scripts and why i didnt get an A was the essays under a page were only getting around 20. But the essays I wrote a page and a quarter i got full marks in (thats the 30 markers)

the option in the back of the paper needs to be 3 and a bit.

ahh i see ok so definitely write over a page for essays :D cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

I'm taking up Ag this year too repeating!!
    My sis took it up last year and got a A2!!
    Seemingly biology kinda overlaps in parts so if your doing that too you're at an advantage:)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

Hi I took up ag science in a year and got an A1 so it's definitely manageable!:)

rosiee wrote: »
    I'm taking up Ag this year too repeating!!
    My sis took it up last year and got a A2!!
    Seemingly biology kinda overlaps in parts so if your doing that too you're at an advantage:)!

sweet sucks about repeating doesnt it but **** happens where are you repeating?

dcam wrote: »
    Hi I took up ag science in a year and got an A1 so it's definitely manageable!:)

haha nice congratz btw :D , did you know anything about farming to begin with cause i know f all to know about it haha

I know it's horrible :L
    I'm just repeating in my local secondary school again :(
    What about you?

rosiee wrote: »
    I know it's horrible :L
    I'm just repeating in my local secondary school again :(
    What about you?

oooh ouch if i repeated in my school again i would just cry and run away haha but im sure you'rs is better im going to repeat in the institute of education :D, what are you hoping to do?

• Advertisement

I know it's fairly dier to be fair :L But I know a few others who are repeating there so it could be worse :P
    Emm primary teaching hopefully :)
    You?

Advertisement