Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway city, Imagine Wimax or Digiweb Metro?

• 09-09-2012 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm living in Galway city and I'm in a granny flat sharing the UPC wifi of the attached house. The speed and reliability are really inconsistent, so I'm looking at getting either the Imagine 7mb wimax offering or Digiweb's 30mb metro express.

I'm looking for something around €30 or less, doesn't need a landline, has a decent download limit, doesn't throttle torrents and isn't horrible for gaming.

Any suggestions on which one of these fits the bill better or any alternative suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

aidan_r wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm living in Galway city and I'm in a granny flat sharing the UPC wifi of the attached house. The speed and reliability are really inconsistent, so I'm looking at getting either the Imagine 7mb wimax offering or Digiweb's 30mb metro express.

I'm looking for something around €30 or less, doesn't need a landline, has a decent download limit, doesn't throttle torrents and isn't horrible for gaming.

Any suggestions on which one of these fits the bill better or any alternative suggestions? Thanks.

I would go with digiweb metro . Much more consistent and reliable speed and especially ping wise. Check ratemyisp.ie to see how much people dislike imagine wimax :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the UPC is working ok within the main house and your granny flat doesn't have it's own esb meter, maybe some homeplugs would be a better option

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HomePlug

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭aidan_r

No, signal strenght isn't the problem. Thanks for the advice regarding imagine, I'll steer clear of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

aidan_r wrote: »

get UPC, call your flat "house address" A and see if they'll go for that?

Advertisement