Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itch or Pain?

• 09-09-2012 2:12pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ok AH I need your infinite wisdom

I don't normally get insect bites as my blood is repulsive

However I just got bitten by a mosquito on the back of my foot on the tendon.

It's as itchy as bejaysus and given I'm not used to insect bites, I'm cracking up cen though I only have the bite 10 minutes

So I need your help

Do I endure the itch?

Or do I scratch it to make it bleed and endure the pain instead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Soak your feet in warm water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I'd poke it with a needle and put vodka on it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

Don't scratch, it will get infected. Go to a chemist and ask for some kind of cream, I needed an antibiotic cream for mine because they blistered.

ETA: Get insect repellant spray while you're at it, it'll save you from future torture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Pick at it till it bleeds and then rub it with a nettle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Tea tree oil..or a dab of toothpaste helps take the irritation away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Antihistamine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

marnie d wrote: »
    Don't scratch, it will get infected. Go to a chemist and ask for some kind of cream, I needed an antibiotic cream for mine because they blistered.

ETA: Get insect repellant spray while you're at it, it'll save you from future torture!

Do the advise above.

I ended up with cellulitis on my leg and I'm just finishing up two antibiotics and antiflammatries because of it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Crush an aspirin and stir into a tablespoon of water. Put the paste over the bite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

faceman wrote: »
    Ok AH I need your infinite wisdom

I don't normally get insect bites as my blood is repulsive

However I just got bitten by a mosquito on the back of my foot on the tendon.

It's as itchy as bejaysus and given I'm not used to insect bites, I'm cracking up cen though I only have the bite 10 minutes

So I need your help

Do I endure the itch?

Or do I scratch it to make it bleed and endure the pain instead?

* http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/flu/A-Z/B/Bites,-insect/intro.html

* http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/flu/A-Z/I/Insect-stings/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

mauzo wrote: »
    I'd poke it with a needle and put vodka on it ....
    Sounds like my game plan on a night out :pac:

"needle" sounds accurate though :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Waspeze always stops itching for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Vitamen d tablets. Or could be b tablets. Whatever it is about them keeps mozzies away. Told that a few times in Australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Find a man of war or Box Jelly fish and rub the testicles into the itch, guaranteed it wont itch anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

1ZRed wrote: »
    Sounds like my game plan on a night out :pac:

"needle" sounds accurate though :-(
    That's what the rumour mill says all right! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

That's what the rumour mill says all right! ;)

But you'd know from personal experience whether that was true or not now wouldn't ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭mr chips

Genuine tip - the likes of Deet aren't all that good at repelling midges/mosquitoes etc, but a cosmetic skin spray called Avon Skin So Soft stops them biting - seems there's something in it they don't like the taste of. Midges usually go for me more than anyone else I know, but I've used that stuff on four biking trips around the Scottish Highlands in the past few years and never got bitten. The smell is a bit perfumey though ...

For getting rid of the itch, get an antihistamine cream from the chemist. If you're like me you'll have to use it three or four times a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Find out where the mosquito lives and torch his gaf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Rub semen into it.

The semen won't help in absolutely any way, but you'll feel much better after having a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Amputate. Sure tis only an aul foot

Advertisement