Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singing on the bus

• 09-09-2012 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

I was on the bus yesterday day, bunch of then Spanish lot got on. Driving down the road, they bloody start singing! If your happy and you know it, call me maybe, ring a ring Rosie's. The whole journey. Banging their feet on the floor. Christ, bloody annoying it was.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I love it when people sing on my bus.

It means they're not puking or shagging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Maybe its the only English they know and they wanted to fit it?

They wanted to show their respect to you - using your own native tongue?! Makin an effort they were! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Ah they were just trying to cheer us Irish up!

You could have got your cock out, that would have shut them up......or made stuff worse, either way, get your cock out next time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's heartwarming to see a bus full of happiness driving by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

The feet on the bus go bang-bang-bang,
    bang-bang-bang, bang-bang-bang
    The feet on the bus go bang-bang-bang,
    All day long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I remember being on the nitelink once and the whole bus started singing "Ole, ole, ole....Brondby! Brondby!" for no apparent reason. Brondby are a not especially well known, Danish soccer team btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

cloud493 wrote: »
    I was on the bus yesterday day, bunch of then Spanish lot got on. Driving down the road, they bloody start singing! If your happy and you know it, call me maybe, ring a ring Rosie's. The whole journey. Banging their feet on the floor. Christ, bloody annoying it was.

I was on the Luas on Friday. Some scumbag was playing his gangster rap (it's 2012 ffs) out loud on his phone. I'd much prefer to be listening to Spanish kids singing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Jesus some people would moan at anything :rolleyes:. It's a lot better than a junkie shooting up on the bus or knackers roaring abuse at random people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Always sit downstairs on the bus and have earphones in.

You could have complained to the bus driver yano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I was downstairs. With headphones. Still heard it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Irish Musician

The Spanish are like the Irish 20 years ago. Put two of them in a room and a party will happen. We have just forgotten how to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Better than the guy who sat beside me on the Luas yesterday and kept calling his friend's name over and over. His friend was standing with his back to him and he just kept at it: "Kev. Kev. Kev. Kev. Keeeeev. Kev. Hey, Kev? Kev! Kev. Keeeev. Kev. Kev!" over and over for the time it took us to travel five stops. :mad:

My mp3 was at volume 20 and I still couldn't drown him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Better than the guy who sat beside me on the Luas yesterday and kept calling his friend's name over and over. His friend was standing with his back to him and he just kept at it: "Kev. Kev. Kev. Kev. Keeeeev. Kev. Hey, Kev? Kev! Kev. Keeeev. Kev. Kev!" over and over for the time it took us to travel five stops. :mad:

Reminds me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭zuzuzu

Bus ****!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Drafty122

innocent fools

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

It wasn't this guy by any chance??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I find that a ninja kick to the forehead usually shuts them up.

Advertisement