Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Alt-j still on the cards for EP, sexual.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Marseyred wrote: »
    Just checking my glamping option for this years EP and yurtsandsqurts.co.uk have a statement saying the line up for EP is due to be announced around 10th March!!!

Hope they're right.. Everyone seems to be in the know except the punters which seems like a strange way to do business!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

The Longitude announcement not overly strong in my opinion... really hope EP is full steam ahead and its line-up packs more of a punch.

I think it will be on, let's see who they've booked!

Me too !!, but seems so strange that they never even tried to confirm that its on. You would imagine they done something before longitude was announced..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

exilec wrote: »
    Me too !!, but seems so strange that they never even tried to confirm that its on. You would imagine they done something before longitude was announced..:confused:

EP have stated loads of times that it's going ahead.. It's just the fact that they haven't released ticket/line-up info yet which is worrying and that they've disappeared from social media for the last month..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Eod100 wrote: »
    EP have stated loads of times that it's going ahead.. It's just the fact that they haven't released ticket/line-up info yet which is worrying and that they've disappeared from social media for the last month..

And the fact that they've lost so much money in the past two years, I think that's what is really worrying people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Been hearing a few rumours that it isn't going to happen this year.

Hopefully there is no truth in it. I don't really care who plays it as long as I'm there and wondering around in a wonderful cloud of wonderfulness :p

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭guest2003

Just spoke to a friend in Vodafone and there all set up and good to go for EP 2013. Plus the Strypes announced on radio 1 that they were playing there also!!!!

SAY ITS TRUE!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

How about we all make a pact to ban the "is it on, is it off?" topic from this thread and just focus our valuable energy on idle and ultimately pointless speculation on who's going to be on the line-up?

There's usually some headline dance music act on around midnight on Saturday night on the main stage.

My money is on The Prodigy to take that slot this year.

Playing Creamfields the week before.

Anyone got any other ideas for who could end up in that slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/02/28/here-come-the-summer-festivals/
    The one event not mentioned above is, of course, the Electric Picnic. They are due to announce their line-up in March so that means anytime from tomorrow until Easter. There have been a lot of on-off rumours about the Stradbally event in the last few months, something that even promoter Melvin Benn’s assertion to this reporter in January, that the event will go ahead as usual, has done nothing to stop. Word is that there is a MCD-housed booker at work on the line-up for the festival’s tenth run and that it will go ahead. But given that the Picnic didn’t embark on an early bird ticket drive this year – something which always works as excellent word-of-mouth promotion for the festival – how the festival has struggled to attract big numbers in recent years, the huge losses incurred and the various bouts of ownership arm-wrestling which have been going on, it may well be a tough year for this chequered event.

interesting that another area where POD once handled is now being overseen by FR/MCD.

How about we all make a pact to ban the "is it on, is it off?" topic from this thread and just focus our valuable energy on idle and ultimately pointless speculation on who's going to be on the line-up?

There's usually some headline dance music act on around midnight on Saturday night on the main stage.

i see Basement Jaxx are at V Festival a few eeks before EP, and Bestival has Chic, who closed the main stage on Saturday in 2009, and were apparently very good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Chic again please and i might go.

For the first announcement I'm expecting Fiona Apple and The Knife.
    How much do you's wanna bet?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I would go for the Knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

For the first announcement I'm expecting Fiona Apple and The Knife.
    How much do you's wanna bet?

I don't think Fiona Apple does many live shows. I suppose you could of said the same for The Knife and look at them now, they're doing loads of Festivals and shows :P

If Fiona Apple doesn't get announced then my housemate is gonna take me for every penny I've got. :L

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can see Oxegen grabbing Prodigy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Can see Oxegen grabbing Prodigy :mad:

Hope they play the picnic been a while since i saw them plus they must be the only big edm act not to play that Saturday midnight slot if im not mistaken!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hope they play the picnic been a while since i saw them plus they must be the only big edm act not to play that Saturday midnight slot if im not mistaken!

Ah yea because i really wanna see them again and dont really wanna go to Oxegen for it

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

So far I'm calling st.vincent and david byrne, the knife and depeche mode for picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

Would love to see Depeche Mode at EP, they are on tour this year so maybe..........??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

So far I'm calling st.vincent and david byrne, the knife and depeche mode for picnic.

I hope you are right on both counts. My festival experience would be coming full circle with David Byrne, having seen him at Féile '92! :eek:

I'm really hoping for Alt J....my number one wish for this year. The singer's delivery reminds me so much of John Martyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

NO MORE KNIVES, STOP THE CARNAGE!

St. Vincent and David Byrne is right anyway.

Belle & Sebastian and Warpaint too from what I'm told...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

Glen Hansard on board too I think.
    Plus Paddy Casey.
    Mundy will prob fall in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Glen Hansard on board too I think.
    Plus Paddy Casey.
    Mundy will prob fall in too.

Sure I think they all have property there at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

Pretty sure I saw Mundy wandering around in a stewarts jacket last year..
    was doing a good job too

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

St. Vincent and David Byrne is right anyway.

Belle & Sebastian and Warpaint too from what I'm told...

Oh right, a good bit of cross over with the end of the road festival. I'm happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Ah yea because i really wanna see them again and dont really wanna go to Oxegen for it

Same here plus there's a good chance them playing because i just cant think who else they could get for that slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Belle and Sebastian would be very nice...

• Advertisement

Thee Oh Sees.
    Please.

Advertisement