Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

mgkelly wrote: »
    Lotta anti-Cook vibes on here?!
    Listening to first few minutes of the Miami set here. So far, I can hear substantial samples off two tracks from an album I remember well - the iconic 'You've come a long way baby'. Intriguingly, I hear wee bits of the KLF also!
    The fat one cannot win. If he simply just played from his iPOD or laptop, as some people seem to assert, one would say that was lame and ****e! If he cuts it up a bit, people don't hear the 'old familiars' & are upset.
    I hasten to add that I am most assuredly not a Cook apologist. However, I'll be giving him a lash. If crappy, I'll go to bed!
    I guess my age might dictate my support, as I kinda like a lot of the very late 80's/90's techno sound & the slight acid flavour of everything is not unwelcome. One of my favourite sets at EP was 808 State a couple of years ago. Says it all.
    BTW, he's now doing a tune that is called 'Star 69' (on a quick Google search) but seems to be heavily based on some guys called Funk Agenda....or maybe FBS was there first?!
    Anyhow, now 15 min in & hear loadsa his stuff!

Maybe he'll actually be good! .....don't believe the hype!!

Martin
    Star 69 is a belter, it's an original by fatboy slim, gets remixed by ridiculous amounts of dj's, I've heard countless sets with star 69 in them.

A lot of his sets have more of other peoples songs than his ones, he seems to use a lot of Underworld, which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I'm looking at getting a day ticket for sunday, as I'd love to see the Arctic Monkeys.But its 85 euro for a one day ticket and I've never been to the picnic before. What other bands are playing on Sunday, I can't see a lineup for sunday on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is about as accurate as I can get, this was posted in the Electric Picnic forum. http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21500

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Line up is only finalised/announced closer to the festival - maybe a couple of weeks beforehand.
    It is possible to work some of it out, especially for bigger acts, by looking at their websites to see what day they are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

mgkelly wrote: »
    Line up is only finalised/announced closer to the festival - maybe a couple of weeks beforehand.
    It is possible to work some of it out, especially for bigger acts, by looking at their websites to see what day they are on.

If I were to wait till a few weeks before the line up and the day they are playing, do you think I would still be able to get a day ticket? Is it generally sold out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I'm sure you'd be ok to wait

Even if it did sell out there would be people selling the tickets

I'm sure there will be people even selling the 150eu tickets over the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I know I've said this before buuuut, I am 100%, bet my life on it sure that Cat Power and Pet Shop Boys will be at EP.
    I just... I feel it in my waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Any idea who will be announced tomorrow? Being rumoured there will be a big name announced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Flume, Justin Vernon in some guise, The Pixies, CocoRosie, Jamie xx annnnnnd The Stooges.
    So let it be written, so let it be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

wonder can someone clear this up for me,
    i met a girl in the pub the other night who said she worked for festival republic and was working on EP at the moment, it didnt really click with me till i got home, but i didnt think they were still involved?

she could have been talkin bull, coz i was....

40 days till EP 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Dutchy

What time is the announcement ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

foolelle wrote: »
    wonder can someone clear this up for me,
    i met a girl in the pub the other night who said she worked for festival republic and was working on EP at the moment, it didnt really click with me till i got home, but i didnt think they were still involved?

she could have been talkin bull, coz i was....

40 days till EP 13

Festival Republic/MCD are involved since 2009, and now own 71% of EP from what i remember.
    they're basically the ones putting it on this year, as John Reynolds/POD didn't want it to go ahead this year at all.

ah thanks ghost, i was aware that they had a major part of it, but i thought it was the other way around, POD/JR were running it this year.

thanks for that, anyway 39 days to EP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ah thanks ghost, i was aware that they had a major part of it, but i thought it was the other way around, POD/JR were running it this year.

thanks for that, anyway 39 days to EP!!!

39? ah jeez time to start saving!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

mfceiling wrote: »
    Do certain acts play certain days?

I would love to see the arctic monkeys but would only be able to go one day - which day do they play?

Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

come oooooooooooon announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

f5 f5 f5......

ha! i was hoping i wouldnt have to use my f5 key until October again

• Registered Users Posts: 13 craic34

hi there! i love Electric Picnic, this will be my 4th year straight. i cannot wait... last year i got quite disappointed because of some people but i am pretty sure we will have a good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Anyone got any educated guesses for today?

M.I.A. would be decent addition. She's at Bestival the following week.
    But maybe a little too big of an act to be announced at this stage.

Belle & Sebastian are a possibility too, and Sinead O'Connor & James Blake also at Bestival.

The Duckworth Lewis method will likely be announced today.

I think we'll get a few acts from Longitude too. Maybe Tom Odell, Jessie Ware or London Grammar?

• Advertisement

duckworth lewis, were they not just a hannon 'project' thats run its course now? did see them at the picnic a few years back though - very good. come to think of it they have been posting on facebook a good bit recently

duckworth lewis, were they not just a hannon 'project' thats run its course now? did see them at the picnic a few years back though - very good. come to think of it they have been posting on facebook a good bit recently

Yes, they confirmed on Phantom that they are playing. So they will likely be officially announced today.

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    The Duckworth Lewis method will likely be announced today.

weren't they already announced?

danniemcq wrote: »
    weren't they already announced?

Not officially yet (I don't think).

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Announcement likely to be at 12? Or what time?

Not officially yet (I don't think).

I'd quote but website is blocked here at work sorry

linky

danniemcq wrote: »
    I'd quote but website is blocked here at work sorry

linky

Yes but EP havent announced it yet is what I meant, so they'll likely be included today.

Yes but EP havent announced it yet is what I meant, so they'll likely be included today.

ah gotcha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm really hopeful for a decent announcement

• Advertisement

im really hoping for an announcement

Advertisement