Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Odd, new ads on the radio for it there, no new names on it . Would if have thought if they have more notable names on it they would have waited and recorded a new ad then.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Is it even certain that we're getting an announcement today? Where'd that idea come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

foolelle wrote: »
    im really hoping for an announcement

They posted on their Facebook page that there will be one today

Fingers x it's decent

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

The suspence is killing us

Announcement at 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not till 7pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Damn it, was looking forward to killing some time in work scouting the new acts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I knew they would still be recovering from all the sun and music at longitude to have an early announcement today. Probably a few hangovers around the place so they left the announcement til 7pm this evening.

Surprised there has been no leaks regarding the announcement. Have they all dried up or where have all the usual sources gone to?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Seeing as I'm only going on the Sunday I would love Kendrick Lamar or someone like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

Did anybody else purchase camper van tickets? Bought mine months ago but still not delivered. Got my admission tickets alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm hoping that they have a bigger marquee for the Little Big tent this year, last year it was far too rammed for Ritchie Hawtin and its just not fair if you have paid to go to a gig and security wont let you in. Instead of having a limit for capacity, open up more of the bloody tent or get a bigger marquee.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Mr.S wrote: »
    There have been a few self confirms, and some slipups eg The Knife saying iamamiwhoami would be there.

Generally though the buzz dies down after the main announcement so people in the know aren't as bothered leaking acts!

Meh! might of got excited by her like Two years ago. Did anybody here see her at Forbidden Fruit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm hoping that they have a bigger marquee for the Little Big tent this year, last year it was far too rammed for Ritchie Hawtin and its just not fair if you have paid to go to a gig and security wont let you in. Instead of having a limit for capacity, open up more of the bloody tent or get a bigger marquee.

it would cease to be the Little Big Tent then;)
    But yes, in some cases they miscall the venue for some acts, Hawtin should have been in the Electric Arena. No point in getting mad with security, they are only doing their job and health & safety is paramount.
    Just get to the tent 5 mins before the scheduled start time and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

it would case to be the Little Big Tent then;)
    But yes, in some cases they miscall the venue for some acts, Hawtin should have been in the Electric Arena. No point in getting mad with security, they are only doing their job and health & safety is paramount.
    Just get to the tent 5 mins before the scheduled start time and you'll be fine.

I never lost the head with the security or anything like that, I waited patiently and eventually got in. But I was there 15 minutes before the gig and it was rammed by then. A case in point was the Beastie Boys in 2007, the security just opened up all the flaps to the tent so that everyone gathered there could see into the show. I remember reading about this at Rockness festival too in 2007, when Daft Punk played the Clash Arena marquee (capacity of 10,000), double the crowd showed up, so security had no choice but to open up all the flaps of the tent.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Are Faithless a possible announcment??

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Are Faithless a possible announcment??

That'd be class haha

Not touring this year, only hope of a vintage dance act is bassment jaxx it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

lbj666 wrote: »
    Not touring this year, only hope of a vintage dance act is bassment jaxx it seems

Bollocks, fatboy slim is a legend and all but more old school couldn't hurt!

I never lost the head with the security or anything like that, I waited patiently and eventually got in. But I was there 15 minutes before the gig and it was rammed by then. A case in point was the Beastie Boys in 2007, the security just opened up all the flaps to the tent so that everyone gathered there could see into the show. I remember reading about this at Rockness festival too in 2007, when Daft Punk played the Clash Arena marquee (capacity of 10,000), double the crowd showed up, so security had no choice but to open up all the flaps of the tent.

It funny how festival organisers get it wrong sometimes, one thing i have found is they underestimate that new band that has had hit single during the summer and they are put on afternoon late evening where there is nothing else to compete with. Florence and the machine, monsters of men, foster the people come to mind.

It surprising how the mind works among festival goers at around 10.30 pm onwards, the decent band that you had planned to see for months gets ditched for that dj you know one tune by because your locked and/or buzzing and thats where your mood takes you.

I missed a heap of acts over the years in the little big tent because it was just too packed boys noise being one.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Bollocks, fatboy slim is a legend and all but more old school couldn't hurt!

I meant thats not on the bill already :P I aint impressed with what FBS does live these days either.

Ive said already that there is no vintage dance act on the bill to take that 12.30am slot on the main stage saturday night, FBS is playing friday night (basement jaxx if they do get announced) are playing the uk on sat night. There is a bad gap there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Was hoping for primal scream , but they are after announcing the olympia october instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It funny how festival organisers get it wrong sometimes, one thing i have found is they underestimate that new band that has had hit single during the summer and they are put on afternoon late evening where there is nothing else to compete with. Florence and the machine, monsters of men, foster the people come to mind.

It surprising how the mind works among festival goers at around 10.30 pm onwards, the decent band that you had planned to see for months gets ditched for that dj you know one tune by because your locked and/or buzzing and thats where your mood takes you.

I missed a heap of acts over the years in the little big tent because it was just too packed boys noise being one.

That's very true.. I have a rough idea of what I want to be at but if it goes tits up I don't really mind

I spent the whole of one night sitting in a boat in the open mic tent once

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I meant thats not on the bill already :P I aint impressed with what FBS does live these days either.

Ive said already that there is no vintage dance act on the bill to take that 12.30am slot on the main stage saturday night, FBS is playing friday night (basement jaxx if they do get announced) are playing the uk on sat night. There is a bad gap there.

Have a feeling it will be Simian Mobile Disco for that slot, that's if they're not playing somewhere else.

-=al=- wrote: »
    That's very true.. I have a rough idea of what I want to be at but if it goes tits up I don't really mind

I spent the whole of one night sitting in a boat in the open mic tent once

That's so so true. I rem a few years back dying to see Lisa hannigan. Walked over to her on the main stage and left after bout two mins to go to some thing else!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Jim Carroll just tweeted: ''Tweetstorm due at 7pm when Electric Picnic announce new acts. One truly awesome name & one Irish band the equivalent of vomit on your shoe''

Not the most diplomatic of people is he?!

Please please please let it be the smashing pumpkins

Wonder who the Irish band is.....coronas....oh I bet it's kodaline....zzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

Does anyone think that there's any chance of Atoms For Peace?

I'm after getting my hopes up for this announcement - probably a bad idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Got to be either Daft Punk, David Bowie or Aphex Twin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

It's 100% not Daft Punk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Elton John, Bombay Bicycle Club and Sinead O Connor would be a few of my guesses...

Advertisement