Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ya think?

Pretty sure all the people saying Pet Shop Boys are doing so based on hope rather than actual insider information. They're headline level and all the headliners have been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

I'd say kodaline are the dirt on the shoe or whatever it was. They are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

He also could be shoite, I suffered through the entire set of Chic at forbidden fruit waiting for get lucky, they eventually played about 60 seconds of it on a bandy tape recorder, you could be left wanting after Giorgio, daft punk should be taken out and flogged for making us suffer through 70's disco for the summer. If I wanted disco i'd be going to the george.

Ah come on...suffered entire set of chic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hogzy wrote: »
    Giorgio Moroder could be good.
    it's a DJ set with Chris Cox, which according to everything i read when they did it before, was essentially just Chris Cox playing some disco tracks that Moroder has been involved with, and Moroder standing around doing very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

it's a DJ set with Chris Cox, which according to everything i read when they did it before, was essentially just Chris Cox playing some disco tracks that Moroder has been involved with, and Moroder standing around doing very little.

looks that way alright:
    http://www.stereogum.com/1357521/stream-giorgio-moroders-first-ever-dj-set/mp3s/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Toast wrote: »
    Pretty sure all the people saying Pet Shop Boys are doing so based on hope rather than actual insider information. They're headline level and all the headliners have been announced.

That's exactly what it was tbh. Cert woulda been announced by now, but playing Berlin Festival so thought they might hop over to EP since same promoters. Also, their tour is called the 'Electric Tour' and with the festival being Electric Picnic I was kinda thinking.. but that was really clutching at straws!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

budgemook wrote: »
    I'd say kodaline are the dirt on the shoe or whatever it was. They are awful.

Guess like all music it's subjective, thought it was fairly unprofessional of Jim to come out with something like that tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

nocoverart wrote: »
    Starting to fear there won't be a Little Big Tent this year :(

I'm not so worried.

Fair chance HudMo, Mano Le Tough and Space Dimension Controller will all be playing it - and the bill is usually announced very late in the day for it (bit like Body and Soul, all of which I reckon is still to come).

That said, they do appear to be changing it up this year with no obvious sign of a big dance act for the Saturday night - and I've kind of lost hope for the Rave in the Woods. No mention of it anywhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

When I saw the line up first I thought it was Carl Cox instead of Chris :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

and I've kind of lost hope for the Rave in the Woods. No mention of it anywhere.....
    don't think i've ever seen it mentioned officially before about 2 weeks prior to the festival tbh....
    it's cheap to run and the acts to play it are cheap to book, would be fairly certain it will be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Hogzy wrote: »
    Giorgio Moroder could be good.

Thought the same. Sure some 80s electric dance will be good craic.
    The track with him on the daft punk album is by far the best track on the album, granted his dj set may be totally different but I'll be there to check it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Well that was rather disappointing. Has Jim said which one he felt was "awesome"?

Jagwar Ma I may go see for a boogie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

barry194 wrote: »
    When I saw the line up first I thought it was Carl Cox instead of Chris :p

Wishful thinking, mind you carl cox has totally sold out with have his carl cox revolution brand,he would be too expensive. Lots of great Irish techno djs out there they could showcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Mr.S wrote: »
    Charli XCX seems to have cancelled, gone from the lineup :(

As has Baauer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Anyone remember when they released the Sunday line-up last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Just looking back at previous announcements for the Little big tent 25th July in 2012 and 3rd August 2011 so its a teeny bit earlier than usual to expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I'm not so worried.

Fair chance HudMo, Mano Le Tough and Space Dimension Controller will all be playing it - and the bill is usually announced very late in the day for it (bit like Body and Soul, all of which I reckon is still to come).

That said, they do appear to be changing it up this year with no obvious sign of a big dance act for the Saturday night - and I've kind of lost hope for the Rave in the Woods. No mention of it anywhere.....

I hope you're right, but the whole thing has a low-budget feel to it this year and something has to give (just hope it's not little big tent). FFS, even this years website hasn't been properly done :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    As has Baauer

Thank ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

What an anti climax, hoping the rave in the woods and the little big tent make up for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Not much interest in most of the additions. Jagwar Ma might be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    What an anti climax, hoping the rave in the woods and the little big tent make up for it anyway.

If it were in France, they would call it Le Pique-Nique. But we're not as classy as them so we should call it Meh! Picnic. But then again, where else can ya talk absolute ****e to strangers in the likes of the Body&soul and end up becoming good friends? No line-up can compete with that. Roll on EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

wonder what night moroder will be on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im quite happy with the line up so far :)

Im quite happy with the line up so far :)

Yeah, I think I was happy enough before last nights announcement. Anything else I fancy is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

What are the chances of another announcement after the deadline for cheaper tickets? The lineup is good but could be improved. Something a little bit more lively maybe. Editors or bloc party or even a 90s grunge revival!!!! Soundgarden would have been an excellent headliner imo.

Fugs!! wrote: »
    bloc party.

Won't be happening anyway

Bloc party go on indefinite hiatus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I may be blind but...I can't see the cost for a single day ticket for a family (2 adults/2 children)

I may be blind but...I can't see the cost for a single day ticket for a family (2 adults/2 children)

This it?

Edit: That seems to be 1 adult & 2 kids, must have to get another day ticket for the other adult so it looks like €170 for the lot of you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

maximoose wrote: »

Cool - cheers man, this is it I think....however, does anyone know if the €85 per ticket is for each adult or for a full family (that seems dead cheap)

Update - It is for 1 adult and 2 kids under 12

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

All that hoopla just for that?

Most underwhelming announcement in picnic history ever.

Advertisement