Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

tmc86 wrote: »
    Electric Picnic have an official playlist on Spotify that you could have a listen

Hey. Was just on spotify looking for that. Searched electric picnic and nothing came up. Any ideas on what to search for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Hey. Was just on spotify looking for that. Searched electric picnic and nothing came up. Any ideas on what to search for?

http://open.spotify.com/user/epfestival/playlist/6A3TLt9pscUdaD4C1ChAse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Electric Picnic posted this link on Twitter earlier... http://t.co/zFbTn6i8xj

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

miss.piggy wrote: »
    thinking of getting a day ticket for the Sunday maybe but it would depend on what acts are on that day. Makes it hard to plan ahead when they leave it so late to announce!

Arctic Monkeys
    Chvrches
    The Knife
    David Byrne and St Vincent
    Eels
    Johnny Marr
    Mick Flannery
    The Strypes
    Mount Kimbie
    Polica

All on the sunday from what I can see (although don't take it as gospel, I'm going by the fact they all have EP down in their tour dates on 01/09)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like no Knife Party :( They are in America during the EP weekend :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Without the arts element it would be just another festival. People think they wouldn't miss it but they would. It's the glue that holds the whole thing together...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I quite enjoy all of the other stuff that's involved with the festival I even went 1 year at the last minute with the intention of seeing about 2-3 bands. It's much more than the music and that's why it's great.. Brings an extra dynamic to the (picnic) table

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

maximoose wrote: »
    Pretty silly thing to say tbh

I haven't had any interest in the arts stuff, been to the comedy stage once or twice I think but that's about the height of it. I go solely for the music on offer, and that hasn't stopped me having a fantastic time each of the last 5 years.

Nope not pretty silly at all IMO
    Silly is having electric picnic as music only and cutting back on other areas of the festival as suggested by another poster. All those other things give it that magic. It's just so so much more than the music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Looks like no Knife Party :( They are in America during the EP weekend :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    It wouldn't matter if they were playing in Portlaoise the Thursday night before. They're not a Picnic act.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

I know there are Phone Chargers in operation at EP (since I had to use it last year, even though I have a brick phone with a battery that lasts a week - foolishly didn't charge before departing for Stradbally!), but does anyone know if they charge cameras too? Would like to get a load of pics and even a vid or two of the good acts, but I know vids drain the battery. Last year my cam died midday through Sat so I've no pics from then on!

• Advertisement

If it's usb/usb2 I'd imagine they can charge anything... The voda tent might only do phones but the other phone charging places could easily charge a camera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I know there are Phone Chargers in operation at EP (since I had to use it last year, even though I have a brick phone with a battery that lasts a week - foolishly didn't charge before departing for Stradbally!), but does anyone know if they charge cameras too? Would like to get a load of pics and even a vid or two of the good acts, but I know vids drain the battery. Last year my cam died midday through Sat so I've no pics from then on!

Only guessing but I imagine they would as long as you have the lead

It's a Fujifilm camera and I think most of the cheaper models have similar charger port. Isn't usb but hopefully they have somethin for it. Could possibly bring charger just incase. Or maybe get a second batt.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    It wouldn't matter if they were playing in Portlaoise the Thursday night before. They're not a Picnic act.

Well Arctic Monkeys/Fat Boy Slim are not Picnic acts but are playing? Plus they are playing Bestival which sometimes shares a good bit of the line up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Really Looking forward to seeing crystal fighters! Any idea what stage they'll play?

More or less 5 weeks till EP!! Starting to get giddy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

It's a Fujifilm camera and I think most of the cheaper models have similar charger port. Isn't usb but hopefully they have somethin for it. Could possibly bring charger just incase. Or maybe get a second batt.

I had a fujifilm camera there a few years ago and brought the charger itself with me (it was one of those no lead ones) i asked if they wouldn't mind plugging it in and they did.

Money is money and no doubt its just a row of chargers plugged into an extension lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Has anyone who bought their tickets on the installment plan received their tickets in the post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Has anyone who bought their tickets on the installment plan received their tickets in the post yet?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

nope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Just spoke to TM. final instalment due 31st July.

Happy thoughts.
    Got the tent washed(cold wash!) and out for a good airing. Not long now :)
    53F8348B-0482-4F72-A2CF-57FE90DF50D6-3938-00000111C776872D.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

david75 wrote: »
    Just spoke to TM. final instalment due 31st July.

Happy thoughts.
    Got the tent washed(cold wash!) and out for a good airing. Not long now :)
    53F8348B-0482-4F72-A2CF-57FE90DF50D6-3938-00000111C776872D.jpg

Need to do the same myself

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pace2008 wrote: »

What's a "Picnic act"?

Kings of Leon-oxegen act
    Sigur ros-picnic act

Picnic acts refers to bands that are a little left of mainstream

Kings of Leon-oxegen act

Wouldn't really be considered an Oxegen act anymore! Has Longitude replaced the old Oxegen acts? Was there on Sunday, incredible non-camping festival.

Ahh the Internet. Where being right, is more important than being real.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Oxegeners sure do love their Skittles.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Chvrches grow and grow on me more each day hope they sound as good live

This rain has really really got me excited for E.P now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Ahh the Internet. Where being right, is more important than being real.

In your honest opinion of course....

Advertisement