Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Chvrches grow and grow on me more each day hope they sound as good live

Friend saw them at Latitude at the weekend, wasn't disappointed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

david75 wrote: »
    Kings of Leon-oxegen act
    Sigur ros-picnic act

Picnic acts refers to bands that are a little left of mainstream

Would James Blunt be a "Picnic act"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Oxegeners sure do love their Skittles.

Skittles and Mr Tayto:eek: they'll probably have cots & playpens up there instead of tents this year:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

BaZmO* wrote: »

God no.
    Is he not dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

-=al=- wrote: »
    This rain has really really got me excited for E.P now :pac:

that's the spirit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

We're getting there, give it another Two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

nocoverart wrote: »
    We're getting there, give it another Two years.

He played in 2005.

denisstack wrote: »
    He played in 2005.

Mind. Blown.

Ragin I missed it. Haha

He played in 2005.

That's the point I was making.

Ah we're all allowed a spot on our bib. Even EP

• Advertisement

That's the point I was making.

I know! Just pointing it out to the other user as they didn't get your point. There are always one or two acts that people call "non-picnic acts" but it's not such a big deal really.

I know! Just pointing it out to the other user as they didn't get your point. There are always one or two acts that people call "non-picnic acts" but it's not such a big deal really.

I know you know. :)

Only band I can think of that have done both, successfully, is the frames. They belong in neither camp really.

Only band I can think of that have done both, successfully, is the frames. They belong in neither camp really.

Arcade Fire, Sigur Ros, LCD Soundsystem, Klaxons, Interpol, Echo and Bunnymen, MGMT and probably a good few more

There's a reasonable bit of crossover tbf, don't think any of those were out of place at either fest

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Chemical brothers and hot chip were both excellent at ep and oxegen

Loads of acts that have a cross over appeal (the older oxegen in mind not this years)

Faithless prob one of the best oxegen headliners I have ever seen would be immense for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Mind. Blown.

Ragin I missed it. Haha

Don't be dissing the lyrical King.

You're beautiful, You're beautiful,
    You're beautiful, it's true.
    I saw your face in a crowded place,
    And I don't know what to do,
    'Cause I'll never be with you.

That's some hardcore sh1t right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Duffy played the main stage at EP a few years ago too.

Duffy played the main stage at EP a few years ago too.

Was that when he went solo after Boyzone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

nocoverart wrote: »
    Don't be dissing the lyrical King.

You're beautiful, You're beautiful,
    You're beautiful, it's true.
    I saw your face in a crowded place,
    And I don't know what to do,
    'Cause I'll never be with you.

That's some hardcore sh1t right there.

Still better than Nicki Minaj

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Random question I know but can you start camping on the Thursday night to get a good spot or does the campsite only open on the Friday?

If so I presume a 3 day camping ticket covers this?

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »
    Random question I know but can you start camping on the Thursday night to get a good spot or does the campsite only open on the Friday?

If so I presume a 3 day camping ticket covers this?

Campsite opens Friday only. I've always usually aimed to arrive around 11ish and have never had trouble finding a decent spot.

maximoose wrote: »
    Campsite opens Friday only. I've always usually aimed to arrive around 11ish and have never had trouble finding a decent spot.

Same here. Only problem is since there's so much space at that time, you can't control who decides to camp beside you after you've pitched. We ended up beside a very annoying bunch last year but what can you do. Didn't spend much time in the campsite anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just spoke to TM. final instalment due 31st July.

Happy thoughts.
    Got the tent washed(cold wash!) and out for a good airing. Not long now :)
    53F8348B-0482-4F72-A2CF-57FE90DF50D6-3938-00000111C776872D.jpg

That looks the dogs . . . . . well you know yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It's always funny camping when your there early and map the area out and have a nice spot, you think grand that's loads of space and no douches around

6 hours later your squished in with tent ropes everywhere!

I've used illuminous tent ropes and they made a really big difference compared to a black/solid colour with folks tripping over them

I've always had success camping in Hendrix and krusties are always a safe bet to camp nearby, try and face the tent door the way of the wind and decide if you want it facing the sunrise or sunset, not too near the paths/in from the paths, vendors or toilets

Got my ticket ages ago assuming at least one other person I know would be heading this year. Turns out that's not the case; don't have that many friends back home and the ones I do have are either too cheap to go (i.e. say they can't afford it even though that's bollocks) or don't care about the lineup/festivals in general. Of course, it's also possible that people just simply don't want to tell me that they're going. :(

So looks like I'll be heading to EP all by myself this year. Headed up by myself 2 years ago but knew people up there that I could meet up with. This year I've got nothing. I've been to gigs on my own plenty of times but a 3-day music festival is bound to get a bit lonely and depressing. If it wasn't for Björk I'm not even sure I'd bother tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Got my ticket ages ago assuming at least one other person I know would be heading this year. Turns out that's not the case; don't have that many friends back home and the ones I do have are either too cheap to go (i.e. say they can't afford it even though that's bollocks) or don't care about the lineup/festivals in general. Of course, it's also possible that people just simply don't want to tell me that they're going. :(

So looks like I'll be heading to EP all by myself this year. Headed up by myself 2 years ago but knew people up there that I could meet up with. This year I've got nothing. I've been to gigs on my own plenty of times but a 3-day music festival is bound to get a bit lonely and depressing. If it wasn't for Björk I'm not even sure I'd bother tbh.

i dont think you will have any problem meeting people to tag along with for the weekend, i head to alot of gigs/festivals alone both at home and abroad, i find its much better to experience it alone, no compromises regarding who to see and what to do, plus i always end up meetin new people some of which have become very good friends with.

This year though im heading with the better half which means i will be lookin for someone to offload her onto if ya fancy babysittin for a few hours each day. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Seriously, Don't worry about being lonely at this, i bought my ticket with the intention of heading on me own to it (some mates thought i was nuts), my thinking was that being independent at it would make it far more flexible and also that if I was heading to a festival with the aim of having a ball, there are going be about 30,000 other people heading with the same intention and mind set, being solo is not going to be a problem at this.

Yeah you're probably right, I'll prob still have a great time. Like in previous EPs I was used to going around by my own most of the day anyway - I was never willing to compromise when it came to bands I wanted to see! :p But I'm just worried about what to do at night, other than wander around by myself hoping some crowd of friendly drunks will adopt me, or in the morning when you get up and there's no-one camping around to share breakfast/hangovers with. That's when the loneliness bit sets in.

But yeah I know it's better to go alone than not go at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

had a quick scroll through but couldn't see it anywhere?..

anyone mind giving a quick recap of the definites playing on sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

SRFC90 wrote: »
    had a quick scroll through but couldn't see it anywhere?..

anyone mind giving a quick recap of the definites playing on sunday?
    maximoose wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys
    Chvrches
    The Knife
    David Byrne and St Vincent
    Eels
    Johnny Marr
    Mick Flannery
    The Strypes
    Mount Kimbie
    Polica

All on the sunday from what I can see (although don't take it as gospel, I'm going by the fact they all have EP down in their tour dates on 01/09)

from here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85650202&postcount=3299

Advertisement