Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Got my ticket ages ago assuming at least one other person I know would be heading this year. Turns out that's not the case; don't have that many friends back home and the ones I do have are either too cheap to go (i.e. say they can't afford it even though that's bollocks) or don't care about the lineup/festivals in general. Of course, it's also possible that people just simply don't want to tell me that they're going. :(

So looks like I'll be heading to EP all by myself this year. Headed up by myself 2 years ago but knew people up there that I could meet up with. This year I've got nothing. I've been to gigs on my own plenty of times but a 3-day music festival is bound to get a bit lonely and depressing. If it wasn't for Björk I'm not even sure I'd bother tbh.

going on one's own to a festival once in a while is brilliant-did body and soul on my own last year and it was awesome...
    you can do whatever the fxxx you like for the whole weekend!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

roll wrote: »
    going on one's own to a festival once in a while is brilliant-did body and soul on my own last year and it was awesome...
    you can do whoever the fxxx you like for the whole weekend!!!!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

Apologies if this is a frequently asked question, but what do you reckon the likelihood of Nine Inch Nails being announced is? Am I holding out for a miracle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

melissavm wrote: »
    Apologies if this is a frequently asked question, but what do you reckon the likelihood of Nine Inch Nails being announced is? Am I holding out for a miracle?

It's a touchy subject 'round these parts but I'm praying for them and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They're playing at Belsonic so there's not a chance at this stage.

• Advertisement

melissavm wrote: »
    It's a touchy subject 'round these parts but I'm praying for them and all.

08.29.2013 Zurich, Switzerland Zurich Open Air On-Sale
    09.01.13 Philadelphia, PA Made In America Festival

It'd be a very tight schedule for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

If they play, I'll eat a hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Well Arctic Monkeys/Fat Boy Slim are not Picnic acts but are playing? Plus they are playing Bestival which sometimes shares a good bit of the line up
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    What's a "Picnic act"?
    It's not a case of who's mainstream or not. What I mean to say is that EP does not seem to have catered to the whole electro-house/brostep crossover thing that's been popular in recent years. It would be a bit like having Skrillex on the bill. I'd find it very surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Got my ticket ages ago assuming at least one other person I know would be heading this year. Turns out that's not the case; don't have that many friends back home and the ones I do have are either too cheap to go (i.e. say they can't afford it even though that's bollocks) or don't care about the lineup/festivals in general. Of course, it's also possible that people just simply don't want to tell me that they're going. :(

So looks like I'll be heading to EP all by myself this year. Headed up by myself 2 years ago but knew people up there that I could meet up with. This year I've got nothing. I've been to gigs on my own plenty of times but a 3-day music festival is bound to get a bit lonely and depressing. If it wasn't for Björk I'm not even sure I'd bother tbh.

Fair play! I know the way, when I started picnicking we went in a huge group, but the big group was an absolute nightmare!! Compromising, constantly waiting toilets, bars, takes an hour to get everyone moving! leaving places to meet back up. Disaster.
    Each year the group got smaller, people moved and had kids etc. the last couple of years it's been myself and a mate, the x2 group is pure efficient.
    The big groups are off putting, less likely to 'have the craic' with fellow EP'ers, and they're less likely to approach you.

If you found a good bunch of small groups to camp beside u'll have the best time.

If they play, I'll eat a hat.

Quoting for reference...

just to be sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

What time exactly on Sunday do ticket prices increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What time exactly on Sunday do ticket prices increase?

I'd imagine they don't increase on Sunday at all, i.e. they'll go up after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ooter

never been to EP before but am thinking of going this year,never camped at any festival.i was just wondering how secure the campsite was,is it ok to leave a few changes of clothes in your tent or will they grow legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

ooter wrote: »
    never been to EP before but am thinking of going this year,never camped at any festival.i was just wondering how secure the campsite was,is it ok to leave a few changes of clothes in your tent or will they grow legs?

I always bring too much, as in every item of clothing I own because who knows when you're gonna need that New Look zippie you bought when you were 16 that goes perfectly with your yellow socks and it's always been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ooter

I always bring too much, as in every item of clothing I own because who knows when you're gonna need that New Look zippie you bought when you were 16 that goes perfectly with your yellow socks and it's always been fine.

thanks Ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to pick up two family weekend tickets at the moment before Sunday. I can't get any of the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to pick up two family weekend tickets at the moment before Sunday. I can't get any of the website?

I originally bought 2 standard tickets and changed them to family camping tickets, and while doing so I was told that I got the last ones. That was well over a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi

is one better than the other in amenities/security?
    is one better located than the other?
    last year pink moon was on the opposite side (behind crawdaddy)
    to all the other boutique operators (beside hendrix)

any advice appreciated, im booking today

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

hey we have family camping tickets this year but never usually camp as we only live 10 mins away

we take our boys every year but they get collected by the minder at around 8 but seeming as they are a bit older now contemplating camping and letting them stay one night if the weather is good

is the family camping site well patrolled by security and is it a safe envoirment for kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Lots of panic questions on here now. Must be nearly time for EP :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

nocoverart wrote: »
    Lots of panic questions on here now. Must be nearly time for EP :P

yeap 34 days!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I would be so happy if Justice were added..

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

hey we have family camping tickets this year but never usually camp as we only live 10 mins away

we take our boys every year but they get collected by the minder at around 8 but seeming as they are a bit older now contemplating camping and letting them stay one night if the weather is good

is the family camping site well patrolled by security and is it a safe envoirment for kids

Brought our 2 8yr olds and 11 yr old last year, campsite very secure, checked for family bands at all times, security was sound and even got to know a few over the few days there.
    Bring ear plugs for everybody, get up early for showers (not enough provided), pitch tent early Friday morning but leave kids at minder untill later in day as not much for kids to do in campsite and last year soul kids did not open until late in the day. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Was at the vodafone comedy festival there met a tonne of acts and using the portaloos (WITH TOILET PAPER AND WATER) reminded me of ep! 34 days yeeer

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Anyone know if they're strict on the age rule for under 12's? i'm 14, but i'm not that big or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

Anyone know if they're strict on the age rule for under 12's? i'm 14, but i'm not that big or anything.

No check on ages last year anyway into family camping ,ok once you are with your parents.Just make sure to shave the beard off that morning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

killer007 wrote: »
    No check on ages last year anyway into family camping ,ok once you are with your parents.Just make sure to shave the beard off that morning!!!

Cheers. Yeah I was warned to shave my whole body! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Yes, family camping is excellent. Very secure -- you must show your family wristbands several different times to get in, there are security patrols and a watchtower is manned all night. It is also surprisingly quiet at night, there are food stalls and flush toilets, plenty of room between tents, and the entrance is quite close to family parking, so no long walk to the site.

For the last 3 years we've brought our now 11-year-old son. We bring him for Friday and Friday night camping, then drive back home Sat morn, take showers, and deliver him to grandparents, and we go back to Stradbally for the rest of the weekend and join our friends in regular camping. It works well -- 1 day and night is enough for him, and 2 days and nights child-free partying is enough for me. (And it works because we live not too far away and have lovely relatives!)

BTW I was at Body and Soul this year (sans child) and was shocked at the very poor arrangements for family camping. EP gets it right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

This year will be my 4th year with kids. Security has got tighter every time.

To get into the family camping car parking and site initially you need your child with you to get the wrist band etc. They will not let you in without a child.

Campsite very safe and organised, thought shower facilities got worse every year however. Good food and toilets.
    Looking forward to this year's one, not just for band lineup but just the whole vibe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

family camping is in a beautiful location, quite seperate from the main campsites, very secure, and a wonderful atmosphere, other site of site but has its own little bar and food places, and a really wonderful experience

Advertisement