Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Question: A friend and I have VIP tickets but don't want to be cut off from our regular peasant friends, can we camp in the regular campsite and just head to the boutique area for poos?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Question: A friend and I have VIP tickets but don't want to be cut off from our regular peasant friends, can we camp in the regular campsite and just head to the boutique area for poos?

Cheers.

Hahaha! Posh poos! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Cheers.

Ya you can , you will be issued a seperate wristband that gives u access to that area, also access to VIP Bar next to the main arena. So handy to nip in there for drinks as its so near the main arena and the toilets there are great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Hahaha! Posh poos! :)

Only the best for my tuckus!
    Rfrip wrote: »
    Ya you can , you will be issued a seperate wristband that gives u access to that area, also access to VIP Bar next to the main arena. So handy to nip in there for drinks as its so near the main arena and the toilets there are great too.

Cheers, just what I wanted to hear!

FYI I'm now listening to this now because of your username...

Only the best for my tuckus!

Cheers, just what I wanted to hear!

FYI I'm now listening to this now because of your username...

I had to google!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

This also means you can take shortcuts to the main arena and to Stradbally for beer each morning.

I'm starting to gear up for it now.
    Love the disclosure album

• Registered Users Posts: 20 keltoi93

Any story on what acts are playing each day? I'll be going sunday and am delighted Arctic Monkeys are playing but would love if Two Door Cinema Club, Ellie Goulding or Kodaline were on too!

Having a sconce at the EP Facebook page, the amount of people who are commenting on how they can't wait for kodaline.....

Seriously worries me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Having a sconce at the EP Facebook page, the amount of people who are commenting on how they can't wait for kodaline.....

Seriously worries me

Because they are in the spotlight right now, makes sense why people would want to see them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/posts/10151754524004168?comment_id=27671897&offset=0&total_comments=1
    Hi Grace yes Body and Soul will be there this year. Lineup announcement for Body and Soul coming soon

i'm sure it's only a matter of days until the next "oh my god i haven't heard anything about XYZ being at EP this year" as has been ongoing since Xmas, but still, should silence some concerns...

https://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/posts/10151754524004168?comment_id=27671897&offset=0&total_comments=1

i'm sure it's only a matter of days until the next "oh my god i haven't heard anything about XYZ being at EP this year" as has been ongoing since Xmas, but still, should silence some concerns...

I would actually be distraught if they wernt there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I think Goat would be made for Body and Soul and would love Austra to play B&S again too. Would jizz my pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

This also means you can take shortcuts to the main arena and to Stradbally for beer each morning.

Tell me more about these, have VIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Is the VIP thing just the picnic garden!?

I had one last year and it's a different band but pretty much the same access same as the normal bands but you have access to the little area off of the main stage, nice chill out bit, a bar, and best of all a real toilet! Some comedians were hanging out there when I ventured in once or twice

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

are you sure? thats right past production, don;t think you are meant to be able to walk past there with just VIP, and I highly doubt you'd get access back through the Production Gate either with a VIP band

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Amazing Few are playing Body and Soul anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

sassyj wrote: »
    Tell me more about these, have VIP

Your campsite is from what i remember right beside an exit to stradbally. So you can duck out there easy enough and not have to walk around the entire campsite and arena on the road to get into town.

Below is a terrible explanation of where things are

Hendrix Campsite
    Arena
    VIP Camping
    Stradbally*

*not to scale and also may not display on mobile!

Wait do i have that right? are VIP tangerine fields or around that area in this? Top right http://tenacioustimothy.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/ep-maps-2010-camping1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

I had VIP two years ago and the VIP camping was in the Pinic Gardens (no.18 on your map) if that's near the Stradbally exit people are talking about? I didn't bother camping there, but used the VIP band to use the toilets and showers there, and to access the VIP area next to the stage to use the toilets.

The VIP camping was a bit out of the way, although it is close to the arena. I had friends camping in the quiet one so I went with them, but if it's just yourself then definitely camp there, much shorted walk to the arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

This will be my first year going to ep really looking forward to it, this has probably been asked but I've seen people mention "the quiet campsite" on this thread and was wondering which one it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kevovek wrote: »
    This will be my first year going to ep really looking forward to it, this has probably been asked but I've seen people mention "the quiet campsite" on this thread and was wondering which one it is?

well there is a family campsite which would be quiet but you you must have a family ticket or something like it in order to stay there.
    Other than that, I've stayed at the Pink Moon campsite and it's always quiet and respectful of sleep:)
    Pink Moon costs extra though, check out their website.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

kevovek wrote: »

quiet camping is in a corner of the site, in the regular camp area but kinda designated for quietness, its good if you like your sleep, not if you like to party

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Anyone know where the campervan area is located?

Anyone know where the campervan area is located?

near the bus entrance, walking from main gate, hard right after first field

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

are you sure? thats right past production, don;t think you are meant to be able to walk past there with just VIP, and I highly doubt you'd get access back through the Production Gate either with a VIP band

Wasn't a problem the last time I was there. That was 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/33617-electric-picnic-and-oxegen-f

Interesting infographic comparing EP with Oxyegen, top artist searches on both with Kodaline heading up the EP artist searches!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Tree Scape wrote: »
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/33617-electric-picnic-and-oxegen-f

Interesting infographic comparing EP with Oxyegen, top artist searches on both with Kodaline heading up the EP artist searches!

wonder is the query

"how do i pronounce kodaline"

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cornybread

Can anyone tell me how much the 3rd installment is?? Coming out on Wednesday & want to make sure I have enough in the bank.. I got the €150 tickets :-):-)

Wasn't a problem the last time I was there. That was 2010.

if its the path i think that runs along side the main area, I would be fairly confident you wont get through, its a production only path now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

a bit worried, my ticket has been "Being Processed" up on ticketmaster for the past 8 days,
    hope the payment went through?:o Not due to lack of funds, but I'm abroad at the moment so I hope it's not some visa security cock up...

Wouldn't want to pay the full price...

Advertisement