Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Thee Oh Sees.
    Please.

Fairly good band them, always meant to check out more of their stuff. Saw them on some live stream before and their performance was explosive

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

lordgoat wrote: »
    Chic again please and i might go.

Sounds to me like Nile may be too busy with this project right now....

http://youtu.be/AN1ItiEDBpw

Now if EP really wanted their line-up announcement to revive its fortunes, these guys for the Saturday midnight slot would really hit the spot.

(dare I dream of both that and Radiohead being their warm-up act?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭fits

Depeche Mode Depeche Mode Depeche Mode!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they're quite likely. I heard another rumour beginning with R too. Lets see if it comes true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sounds to me like Nile may be too busy with this project right now....

http://youtu.be/AN1ItiEDBpw

Now if EP really wanted their line-up announcement to revive its fortunes, these guys for the Saturday midnight slot would really hit the spot.

(dare I dream of both that and Radiohead being their warm-up act?)
    well he'll be at Bestival the week after EP, and I'm not sure Daft Punk need him around to pretend to play live and have lasers flashing for 90mins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'm hoping for Goldfrapp this year. I think EP would suit the apparent orchestral feel of their new album and would suit a gig similar to what they have planned for Manchester in July. It was a waste having them at Oxegen in 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

fits wrote: »
    Depeche Mode Depeche Mode Depeche Mode!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they're quite likely.

No tour dates around September time for Depeche Mode and they tend to stick to legs in each territory rather than sporadic gigs. European summer leg ends in July so don't know where that rumour came from, although I would like to be more optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'd love if some of the acts playing this also played EP.. I know they're ages apart (in terms of time and distance) so it's probably wishful thinking!

http://www.southside.de/en/

It'd be great to see Sigur Ros, the National, Of Monsters and Men, The Gaslight Anthem, Ben Howard, Alt J, Modest Mouse play.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'd love if some of the acts playing this also played EP.. I know they're ages apart (in terms of time and distance) so it's probably wishful thinking!

It'd be great to see Sigur Ros, the National, Of Monsters and Men, The Gaslight Anthem, Ben Howard, Alt J, Modest Mouse play.
    Thats some line-up..!! would love to see queens of the stone age and the smashing pumkins :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

A bit unlikely for most of those @ EP tho...

Sigur Ros: Played last year
    Modest Mouse: @ Longitude
    The National: @ The Marquee in Cork (for only Irish summer gig, allegedly...)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Ska-P, Bouncing Souls, Gogol Bordello, that would be immense

• Advertisement

A bit unlikely for most of those @ EP tho...

Sigur Ros: Played last year
    Modest Mouse: @ Longitude
    The National: @ The Marquee in Cork (for only Irish summer gig, allegedly...)

Ah yeah realise that alright so more wishful thinking!

If bands play Longitude, do you reckon they'd have to sign a contract saying they won't play any other Irish festivals? Or is it just unlikely that a band would play 2 Irish summer festivals?

My Bloody Valentine announced for a festival in Berlin the weekend after EP.
    http://www.berlinfestival.de/lineup-2013/?lang=en

could see them making a return to Stradbally.

M.I.A. also on there, could see her playing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That festival looks great :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

EP to rule the roost now surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I reckon David Byrne and St Vincent (playing together) are nailed on for the picnic - playing the End of the Road festival August 30th and leaving a gap before their next show in Lisbon on 3/9.

Probably most of the other End of the Road bands too like Sigur Ros (who I saw last weekend in Glasgow, amazing show) Belle & Sebastian, Dinosaur jr, Daughter and a few other good ones.

http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com/content/artists/

I reckon David Byrne and St Vincent (playing together) are nailed on for the picnic - playing the End of the Road festival August 30th and leaving a gap before their next show in Lisbon on 3/9.

Probably most of the other End of the Road bands too like Sigur Ros (who I saw last weekend in Glasgow, amazing show) Belle & Sebastian, Dinosaur jr, Daughter and a few other good ones.

Yeah there's definitely a EP vibe to that line-up alright! Would like to Efterklang too..

David Byrne and St. Vincent are (or were at least) booked, and should be on the initial announcement, unless things change before then. Warpaint too.

David Byrne and St. Vincent are (or were at least) booked, and should be on the initial announcement. Warpaint too.

Any idea when the initial announcement is expected?

Any idea when the initial announcement is expected?
    nope, I asked the person who told me the above but they didn't know and just presumed some time in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

fingers crossed so that we'll hear something soon - money is starting to nurn a hole in my pocket!!!!

• Advertisement

nope, I asked the person who told me the above but they didn't know and just presumed some time in March.

Cool, thanks. Bit odd that EP have been off the radar since January. You'd think they'd be trying to drum up some publicity if an announcement is due sometime this month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Marseyred wrote: »
    fingers crossed so that we'll hear something soon - money is starting to nurn a hole in my pocket!!!!

Thinly veiled "look at me I have money" post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

Synode wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "look at me I have money" post :pac:

No just means that I was sensible enough to have it saved up before Christmas and trying my upmost not to spend it elsewhere, don't want tickets to go on sale and then be in a position where I'm unable to afford them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

CocoRosie release a new album in May.
    They'd be beautiful in the Body and Soul area.
    Swoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Interesting article by Jim Carroll about festivals this summer, but the last paragraph is whats most relevant to this thread

Another festival still in the TBC saloon is the Electric Picnic. While there have been assertions in the past that the event will go ahead, there have been further developments since that statement which cast a shadow over this. OTR understands from sources that there is currently considerable doubt over whether this year’s event will go ahead due to a dispute at board level between the various entities who control the festival. Of course, given the fact that so many acts who would have been expected to feature on the Picnic bill are now playing elsewhere in Ireland this summer, it may well be the case that there are simply no acts to book. The Picnic’s 10th outing is turning out to be one hell of a drama long before Stradbally Hall opens its gates.

On The Record

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Any idea when the line-up will / is supposed to be announced?

Interesting article by Jim Carroll about festivals this summer, but the last paragraph is whats most relevant to this thread

Another festival still in the TBC saloon is the Electric Picnic. While there have been assertions in the past that the event will go ahead, there have been further developments since that statement which cast a shadow over this. OTR understands from sources that there is currently considerable doubt over whether this year’s event will go ahead due to a dispute at board level between the various entities who control the festival. Of course, given the fact that so many acts who would have been expected to feature on the Picnic bill are now playing elsewhere in Ireland this summer, it may well be the case that there are simply no acts to book. The Picnic’s 10th outing is turning out to be one hell of a drama long before Stradbally Hall opens its gates.

On The Record

Ah that's a disaster. Wouldn't be too surprised at all if it doesn't go ahead but still bad news. I guess that explains their silence for the past month. Leaving customers in limbo like this is fairly unprofessional though in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Ah that's a disaster. Wouldn't be too surprised at all if it doesn't go ahead but still bad news. I guess that explains their silence for the past month. Leaving customers in limbo like this is fairly unprofessional though in my opinion.

You're only a customer after you've bought a ticket, so at the moment you are only a potential customer.

If they're unsure at all about putting it on it seems to make sense not to release tickets and then have to cancel thus incurring fees they don't need to. I think they're being professional. It's a pain, but it won't be you or me with our mortgages/livelihoods on the line.

On The Record

from Jim in the comments there too:
    naturally, no-one will talk on the record to On the Record about this, but I think there are a lot of twists and turns to come very soon in the EP story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Carroll reckons that Kasabian are terrible headliners, but that Longitude has a great line up:confused: I can maybe buy the first bit, but the last bit is pure Phantom 105.2 evening crew pretentious nonsense.

Terrible news about EP though. I really hope they sort something out; I've already booked the weekend off work.

Advertisement