Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Next line up announcement will be after this weekend when indiependence , oxegen and castlepalooza are finished i reckon.
    They might be holding a few more names back than usual because of the ticket discounts, maybe not. I dont expect any huge announcements though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

cornybread wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how much the 3rd installment is?? Coming out on Wednesday & want to make sure I have enough in the bank.. I got the €150 tickets :-):-)

I think its 30 (or 36 with the fees etc)

50 First
    70 Second
    30 Last payment

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cornybread

danniemcq wrote: »

50 First
    70 Second
    30 Last payment

Thanks, just wasn't sure how much the fees were..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cornybread

50 First
    70 Second
    30 Last payment

Thanks, just wasn't sure how much the fees were..

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Just got an volunteer application acceptance email today from Body & Soul, anyone done that with them before? I worked with MyHabs at EP'11 but that's a different scene altogether

Hoping to get some days work in before the festival officially kicks off so I've more time on the weekend...

Also c'mon Dinosaur Jr for next announcements!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beardyman

Kodaline apparently on main stage @ 6 bells on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rumours on Twitter Disclosure have cancelled? looks like bull can't find any sources.
    Any one hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DamoYoung

Hi Guys,

I just booked a festihut for the first time and was looking for some info from someone who may have stayed there before. I know we have our own nice toilets and showers in the festihut village but is there anything else in there?? Are there food places?? Phone charging area?? And do they allow you to make your own breakfast, ie BBQ your own fry up?? I also heard its right next to the main arena so its a very short walk??

Again, any little bit info would be nice.

Cheers

Fupping love the EP!, the excitement really building wish it was like NOW, getting my beer tomorrow!!
    Anyone annually feel like they're wishing the summer away??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Fupping love the EP!, the excitement really building wish it was like NOW, getting my beer tomorrow!!
    Anyone annually feel like they're wishing the summer away??

YES! highlight of the summer, cannot come quick enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

didn't have any issues with the portaloos last year, love walking around the site looking at all the litlle things that make the picnic "the picnic" The bands might not be the best in the world but i don't care, are they bands i like? yes, will there be bands i've never heard of but like? yes.

If you want just music and not the atmosphere that is created at the picnic at salty dog at 2 in the morning (cause if it was just music there would be no salty dog or body and soul) jumping around while people swing from the ship then longitude would have been the gig for you to go to.

Its always been billed as this why change now? and don't say money as oxygen has often had better/bigger bands but look how it turned out now too.

by keeping it the way it is you keep the vibe, you keep the crowd and you keep the atmosphere.

Like another poster said i book time off work every year before i even hear rumours of who's playing. I never want it to change

couldnt agree more. i have told my boss that i will be going every year so to book me out.
    the whole vibe is amazing, its makes me feel like a kid for the whole weekend, its magical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

DamoYoung wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I just booked a festihut for the first time and was looking for some info from someone who may have stayed there before. I know we have our own nice toilets and showers in the festihut village but is there anything else in there?? Are there food places?? Phone charging area?? And do they allow you to make your own breakfast, ie BBQ your own fry up?? I also heard its right next to the main arena so its a very short walk??

Again, any little bit info would be nice.

Cheers

Hi I'm too staying in festihuts for the first time. I have stayed in the boutique camping area before thou and it's perfect. There's a canteen type foodie place there with plenty seating and area with a few couches. There's showers and nice toilets too. Area is close to the main arena alright which is great. It's a great area and you won't want to go back camping in the other sites after!
    On festihuts I didn't think there were showers there , just loos. Haven't a clue bout the BBQ to b honest! I'd say they will have phone charging facilities at reception as that what all the boutique camping places have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Just got an volunteer application acceptance email today from Body & Soul, anyone done that with them before? I worked with MyHabs at EP'11 but that's a different scene altogether

Hoping to get some days work in before the festival officially kicks off so I've more time on the weekend...

Also c'mon Dinosaur Jr for next announcements!

I did it years ago and it basically entailed helping clearing the site beforehand and just moving stuff around, was fairly easy. Just let them know that you'd rather the pre-festival work but let them know asap as that's probably what most people want.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Comedy Line Up Announced

1003036_10151764642474168_707291244_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Dylan Moran aside, who's obviously amazing, it's a very impressive lineup of basically any hyped Irish comedian you can think of. Plus Reg D Hunter! Can see myself spending a bit of time there this year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

MattD wrote: »
    Dylan Moran aside, who's obviously amazing, it's a very impressive lineup of basically any hyped Irish comedian you can think of. Plus Reg D Hunter! Can see myself spending a bit of time there this year round.
    Reg Hunter got me through a particularly difficult Sunday afternoon in EP 2010, and I've always thanked him for that.

Looks like a strong home-grown comedy line up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah David O' Doherty is great in fairness, pretty solid comedy lineup, although nothing too unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Reading the poster gives me a headache. Terrible colour scheme and white writing can be tough to make out on a light background. Obviously it's not that big a deal, just a slight annoyance!

Comedy lineup looks savage though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It looks Dave McSavage weh weh weh

I was at the comedy festival last weekend and it got me a bit more excited for the comedy coming up at E.p!

Also, there's some nice deals in argos for tents and equipment at the mo... they have some nice tents half price and they have camping chairs for a fiver!

I checked the stock yesterday there online on and just there now on some stuff and it's going pretty quick

I'm going to try and be a bit more organised and non last-minutey this year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

-=al=- wrote: »
    It looks Dave McSavage weh weh weh

I was at the comedy festival last weekend and it got me a bit more excited for the comedy coming up at E.p!

Also, there's some nice deals in argos for tents and equipment at the mo... they have some nice tents half price and they have camping chairs for a fiver!

I checked the stock yesterday there online on and just there now on some stuff and it's going pretty quick

I'm going to try and be a bit more organised and non last-minutey this year :pac:

Argos tents are grand but if always get one size bigger than you think you need in there, a 2 man in there can be quite cramped to other 2 man tents i have seen.

I got a 2 man one in Halfords last year or the year before thats about twice the size as the argos one i got the years before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

Whats the situation with the Vodafone tent for charging phones? Never had to use it before...
    Do you have to be a Vodafone customer to use? Is there a charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Marseyred wrote: »
    Whats the situation with the Vodafone tent for charging phones? Never had to use it before...

I suggest buying one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Marseyred wrote: »

IIRC it was free, but there were massive queues to get anywhere near it.

Get one of the things suggested above, or just use the stands that charge a fiver.

threein99 wrote: »
    I suggest buying one of these

Do you have that exact model? Does it work? had a couple of similar versions over the years didn't work, 1st an error came up on my phone saying "cannot charge on this device" the other one charged 10% but then the batteries would run out.

Shops in the camp sites usually offer a full charge for €5 I reckon if I get a charge sat & Sun morning it should be enough to see me through and allow me to use my phone as normal + few pics/vids if needed for only a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Do you have that exact model? Does it work? had a couple of similar versions over the years didn't work, 1st an error came up on my phone saying "cannot charge on this device" the other one charged 10% but then the batteries would run out.

Shops in the camp sites usually offer a full charge for €5 I reckon if I get a charge sat & Sun morning it should be enough to see me through and allow me to use my phone as normal + few pics/vids if needed for only a tenner.

This is the exact model I have, works fine with my S3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Argos tents are grand but if always get one size bigger than you think you need in there, a 2 man in there can be quite cramped to other 2 man tents i have seen.

I got a 2 man one in Halfords last year or the year before thats about twice the size as the argos one i got the years before.

Agreed, a 2 man tent out of the argos value range is most definitely only a one man tent!
    Halfords are doing very decent 2 man tents with a porch for 25, bargain if ya ask me as they hydrostatic head is 1500mm compared to he argos one which is only 600mm (if it rains, you're gonna get wet with that)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Running order for the Comedy Tent according to Entertainment.ie
    Here's the full running order…

Saturday 31st August
    13.30pm - 13.45pm | MC Andrew Stanley
    13.45pm - 14.05pm | Patrick McDonnell
    14.05pm - 14.25pm | Paul Tylak
    14.30pm - 14.45pm | Niamh Marron
    14.50pm - 15.15pm | John Colleary
    15.20pm - 16.00pm | Dublin Comedy Improv
    16.05pm - 16.25pm | Mickey Bartlett
    16.30pm - 16.55pm | Jarlath Regan
    17.00pm - 17.30pm | Foil Arms and Hog
    17.35pm - 18.00pm | Kevin McAleer
    18.05pm - 18.30pm | Elanor Tiernan
    18.35pm - 19.00pm | Ian Coppinger
    19.05pm - 19.30pm | Dermot Whelan
    19.35pm - 20.10pm | Reginal D Hunter
    20.15pm - 21.00pm | David O’Doherty

Sunday 1st September
    13.30pm - 13.45pm | MC Andrew Stanley
    13.45pm - 14.05pm | Karl Spain
    14.05pm - 14.25pm | Kevin Gildea
    14.30pm - 14.45pm | Al Porter
    14.50pm - 15.10pm | Willa White
    15.15pm - 15.40pm | Fred Cooke
    15.45pm - 16.05pm | Keith Farnan
    16.07pm - 16.35pm | Colm O’Regan
    16.40pm - 17.00pm | Chris Kent
    17.05pm - 17.25pm | Gunther Grun
    17.30pm - 17.55pm | Eric Lalor
    18.00pm - 18.25pm | Damian Clark
    18.30pm - 18.55pm | Joe Rooney
    19.00pm - 19.30pm | Bernard O Shea
    19.35pm - 20.10pm | Andrew Maxwell
    20.15pm - 21.00pm | Dylan Moran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Dylan Moran is going to be clashing with someone sexual from the looks of things.
    ****ing Sophie's Choice every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yup have one in there ordered that I used before and it seemed decent enough.. Once it fits the dimensions for my double airbed I'm sorted! I always bring some tarp that should be used for a trampoline cover to throw over the tent if it rains and it does be fine... I had a 12eu Dunnes tent last year and a 4eu Home store and more tent in '11 And the year before that I slept in a friends porch... I'm moving up in the world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Oh that Karl Spain guy, forgot about him. About as funny as an abscessed tooth in the 18th century.

Advertisement