Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

nocoverart wrote: »
    Oh that Karl Spain guy, forgot about him. About as funny as an abscessed tooth in the 18th century.

ah now, thats a bit harsh on tooth absesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

m-karl_spain.jpg

-=al=- wrote: »
    Yup have one in there ordered that I used before and it seemed decent enough.. Once it fits the dimensions for my double airbed I'm sorted! I always bring some tarp that should be used for a trampoline cover to throw over the tent if it rains and it does be fine... I had a 12eu Dunnes tent last year and a 4eu Home store and more tent in '11 And the year before that I slept in a friends porch... I'm moving up in the world!

.... Aaron?

Mate always brings the cheapest tents he can find and lets just say the never really work. His most prized one (junior) was broke about an hour after he put it up and was duck taped back together (badly) before getting stood on that night.

That was the year of the REALLY bad Sunday night and at stupid in the morning i awake to the noise of him opening the tent and asking could he crash in with me and the GF. Eventually woke up properly that morning and no mate (gone home), and his tent. it had about an inch and a half of water in the bottom.

Hes got better at it since though.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

just been onto ticketmaster there, the final installment has been taken today, she said that the tickets will begin to be dispatched tomorrow.
    30 days!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Riptide Movement are playing the Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

danniemcq wrote: »
    .... Aaron?

Mate always brings the cheapest tents he can find and lets just say the never really work. His most prized one (junior) was broke about an hour after he put it up and was duck taped back together (badly) before getting stood on that night.

That was the year of the REALLY bad Sunday night and at stupid in the morning i awake to the noise of him opening the tent and asking could he crash in with me and the GF. Eventually woke up properly that morning and no mate (gone home), and his tent. it had about an inch and a half of water in the bottom.

Hes got better at it since though.

That rain that Sunday was mental

threein99 wrote: »
    That rain that Sunday was mental

and this is what he had to protect himself

265108.jpg

Ah jaysus look at that poor little tent... I'm just on my way to collect my tent now! Got the tarp sorted and rolled up there with the airbed ready and all.

I was 20 minutes walk away from my porch in a t shirt and shorts that dreadful night... It was the worst I've ever felt at a festival :| I spent all my phone credit talking to my american friend in the cleanest portaloo I could find while waiting for the rain to stop before I realised it wasn't happening

Also, O'Briens has some nice deals on alcohol this weekend... 22 quid + 10% off for members for 1L of Captain morgan and some other good offers on beers/vodka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

265108.jpg

haha, there's always one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The Riptide Movement are playing the Sunday

Saw these chaps play at the Trailer Park at 3am, they were brilliant. Worth a gawk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

265108.jpg

Ha ha!! Quality, I don't understand why some tie guy ropes from tent to tent, ppl are likely to trip and fall on the tent?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ha ha!! Quality, I don't understand why some tie guy ropes from tent to tent, ppl are likely to trip and fall on the tent?

he had to do it on the left of the picture as it was falling to one side due to someone falling on it the night before

Ha what a disaster :( Funny looking back though.. I guess some other people do it to stop people walking inbetween their friends tent and theirs!?

I noticed using luminous guy ropes got less people snaggin' on the tent... They definitely help

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Most people haven't a clue how to put up a tent properly tbh, and even if they put the tent up properly, they make a mess out of the guy lines (they always leave them fully extended). There's generally a little plastic tension-er that you use to make the line shorter.

The video is not great but it shows the plastic bits I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I never even bother with the guy ropes :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    I never even bother with the guy ropes :pac:

Ha. Well you're not in the minority that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

I've found guy ropes make very little difference to a properly pegged out festival dome tent. On those tents they are for if you find yourself in a tight spot and need to pull the outer tent out some other way than a 90 degree angle (which the peg holes on the outer tent can achieve fine). Ironically you might need to do this to get around someone else's frivolous guy rope usage. Some designs of tent depend on the tension created by guy ropes to keep them up so can't assume every guy you see is pointless but rare to encounter them at festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they make a huge difference if there's decent wind. at B&S my tent was pretty much pushed completely down on itself from above at times from the wind, attached the ropes and it was fine then.
    agreed about the pegging usually being fine for rain though, if it's done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Well I'd probably put them up if a tornado was forecasted :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

4 Weeks tomorrow I'll be bopping away in Casa Bacardi & The Rave in the Woods !

Put the Women and children to bed !! Yeeeeoooowww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Don't know if anyone else posted this but Mano Le Tough is confirmed for the Sunday closing the Little Big Tent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ams wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone else posted this but Mano Le Tough is confirmed for the Sunday closing the Little Big Tent

so there is a little big tent this year? A few pages back here we were fearing there wouldn't be a LBT.

Where did you get this info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Any chance Ben Howard could be playing at this stage?

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    Any chance Ben Howard could be playing at this stage?
    Hopefully! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Site's now live: http://www.electricpicnic.ie/index.php

Better late than never I guess! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

29 days away till EP.

2 days away till World War 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Everytime I click on something it sends me to the lineup poster, what's that about a smoking ban in Festival Info!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Everytime I click on something it sends me to the lineup poster, what's that about a smoking ban in Festival Info!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Assume it means in the tent stages, wasn't that brought in last year or the year before?

The site is back up... It was up earlier on, crashed then it's back up now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 martandr

Hey guys! I'm coming all the way from Norway for this, and I'm just wondering what campsite is the best if you want it clean and quiet? I have the standard camping ticket. Any other good tips? I've been to massive festivals like Roskilde and Oxegen before, so I not so noob.

Advertisement