Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

ams wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone else posted this but Mano Le Tough is confirmed for the Sunday closing the Little Big Tent
    anyone got rough idea of who plays what days yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    Any chance Ben Howard could be playing at this stage?

Unlikely? considering he just played with Mumford in the Phoenix park. Rocked the electric arena last year, wouldn't mind seeing him again! Hopefully they can get the sound right this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

martandr wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm coming all the way from Norway for this, and I'm just wondering what campsite is the best if you want it clean and quiet? I have the standard camping ticket. Any other good tips? I've been to massive festivals like Roskilde and Oxegen before, so I not so noob.

When you say quiet? How quiet do you want? I'd say stay clear of the site nearest the salty dog and stay around blue or red, there is a special quiet one but not sure about tickets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 martandr

danniemcq wrote: »
    When you say quiet? How quiet do you want? I'd say stay clear of the site nearest the salty dog and stay around blue or red, there is a special quiet one but not sure about tickets there.

The most important thing is the clean part. At Roskilde there is a camp that have the name "clean and quiet". Is there anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

The most important thing is the clean part. At Roskilde there is a camp that have the name "clean and quiet". Is there anything like that?

No. Going back three years they had a separate campsite in a separate field for quiet camping -- the Chaplin site. It was actually quiet (except for the thumping bass from the rave in the woods) and pretty clean too. I suppose it was cost-cutting that led them to close that site; now they just sorta thoughtlessly designate a slice of one of the "normal" sites (Warhol) as "quiet camping," but it's not quiet (and definitely not clean).
    If you don't want to shell out for boutique camping and/or don't have the magic key that is a child to get you into family camping, then the normal coping mechanisms apply (zenlike acceptance or "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em")

• Advertisement

No. Going back three years they had a separate campsite in a separate field for quiet camping -- the Chaplin site. It was actually quiet (except for the thumping bass from the rave in the woods) and pretty clean too. I suppose it was cost-cutting that led them to close that site; now they just sorta thoughtlessly designate a slice of one of the "normal" sites (Warhol) as "quiet camping," but it's not quiet (and definitely not clean).
    If you don't want to shell out for boutique camping and/or don't have the magic key that is a child to get you into family camping, then the normal coping mechanisms apply (zenlike acceptance or "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em")

Thanks, mate! Maybe it will be easier to understand when the map is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Thanks, mate! Maybe it will be easier to understand when the map is out.

This is last years and it prob won't change much if this helps, sorry will prob be hard to make out some parts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tree Scape wrote: »
    anyone got rough idea of who plays what days yet?

http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Surely they're all just guesses?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Surely they're all just guesses?
    from the act's sites/facebook pages.

• Advertisement

from the act's sites/facebook pages.

Ah cool. Must bookmark it so. I'm just surprised that the have the actual times.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Thanks for that, going with family so trying to figure out what night will be my night out:D

Ah cool. Must bookmark it so. I'm just surprised that the have the actual times.
    the times aren't correct, just the day/stage breakdowns.

Although on second look........Two Door Cinema Club are playing at 5am on Sunday morning!

Rfrip wrote: »
    This is last years and it prob won't change much if this helps, sorry will prob be hard to make out some parts!!

Thanks! But here it's a green camp? How is that camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Hey guys! I'm coming all the way from Norway for this, and I'm just wondering what campsite is the best if you want it clean and quiet? I have the standard camping ticket. Any other good tips? I've been to massive festivals like Roskilde and Oxegen before, so I not so noob.

Not allot of options in terms of clean and quiet in the regular camp sites. It's a matter of luck & who you pitch beside, much like Oxegen. I personally like this I think it suits the relaxed atmosphere of the festival, would hate if stewards went around telling ppl to keep the noise down.
    I tend bin every thing over the weekend particularly empty cans, it helps to keep the clinking/crushing sound down when I'm asleep, pull the tent up Mon morning the field is pretty much as I found it. But a very small percentage do this, some of the absolute fooking states I've seen people leave their areas almost looks unhealthy!!
    You could try getting into a staff or family camp site, but imagine this would involve hassle/explaining every time your heading back to the tent.

As well as the rave in the woods, the reggae area Trench town tends to be noisy, you can't really hear the music just the bass 'boom boom boom bup bup bup boom' keep as far away from this as possible.
    Bring some ear plugs + please ENSURE you take some hot Norwegian super models with you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Yeah, I've been saying from the start that Oxegen 2011 was going to be a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Wow, didn't see that coming.

I saw it coming two years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I know it was two years ago but wow, reading the comments would frighten you. Tents set on fire? Please tell that me that sort of carry on never happens at the Picnic. :P

I know it was two years ago but wow, reading the comments would frighten you. Tents set on fire? Please tell that me that sort of carry on never happens at the Picnic. :P

No, it was much part of the oxegen experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been saying from the start that Oxegen 2011 was going to be a disaster.

Haha that's why ya don't take random links off FB! :o

Anyways, who ya most lookin forward to seeing at EP? I can't wait for Chemical Bros, Arcarde Fire & OMD!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Different 'calibre' of folk down here in naas today. I imagine longitude and this years oxegen split the former oxegen crowd in 2.

Anyway, got my ep tix for Sunday only. Interested to see what it will be like heading down fresh on the Sunday for a few drinks and a dance, have the Monday off so will be enjoyed to the full extent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Different 'calibre' of folk down here in naas today. I imagine longitude and this years oxegen split the former oxegen crowd in 2.

Anyway, got my ep tix for Sunday only. Interested to see what it will be like heading down fresh on the Sunday for a few drinks and a dance, have the Monday off so will be enjoyed to the full extent

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Just wondering, how do people manage their drink from day to day? I'd doubt it would be safe to leave it in the tent and imagine it costs a bomb in there?

KJY wrote: »
    Just wondering, how do people manage their drink from day to day? I'd doubt it would be safe to leave it in the tent and imagine it costs a bomb in there?

I have always left it in my tent, if you're worried about it being stolen, leave some of it in your car and only bring in what you need each day. But I have never had anything robbed from my tent at Electric Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

threein99 wrote: »
    I have always left it in my tent, if you're worried about it being stolen, leave some of it in your car and only bring in what you need each day. But I have never had anything robbed from my tent at Electric Picnic

Touch some wood for that one ^^^ I've been lucky enough to with tent stuff being ok too... but yeah, just leave it in the tent under some clothes + don't bother with locks since its pointless and keep whatever valuables you have on your person

-=al=- wrote: »
    Touch some wood for that one ^^^ I've been lucky enough to with tent stuff being ok too... but yeah, just leave it in the tent under some clothes + don't bother with locks since its pointless and keep whatever valuables you have on your person

Yeah goes without saying anything you value don't leave it in the tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was hoping to see Jon Hopkins again at the Picnic as he is playing Bestival the following weekend but it turns out he is in the US touring with Moderat there on the same weekend of the Picnic. About the late Saturday head liner, would love to see Faithless do it. It would be nice for a change to see them do a later show, usually when they play Glasto, Oxegen or T in the Park they are always playing before dusk sets in. Perhaps if they are doing a later spot we might see a different kind of Faithless, more relaxed but a little bit wilder.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement