Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Is it safe to say that there def will b a dance act after bjork or will they just not bother with it?
    Been listening to lot of acts on you tube today, Mano le tough has some great tunes,well def be checking him out, didnt know who he was before today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

of the dance acts announced so far, could only see Disclosure doing it. they're huge in the UK (their Warehouse Project show was the first one to sell out this year, on the first day, 5000 capacity), don't know if they're that big here though....
    they're playing on the Saturday, and presumably too big for the Little Big Tent. probably more likely in the Electric Arena though...

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

-=al=- wrote: »
    Touch some wood for that one ^^^ I've been lucky enough to with tent stuff being ok too... but yeah, just leave it in the tent under some clothes + don't bother with locks since its pointless and keep whatever valuables you have on your person

They have lockers, about 15e for the weekend i think.

of the dance acts announced so far, could only see Disclosure doing it. they're huge in the UK (their Warehouse Project show was the first one to sell out this year, on the first day, 5000 capacity), don't know if they're that big here though....
    they're playing on the Saturday, and presumably too big for the Little Big Tent. probably more likely in the Electric Arena though...

Didnt realise they were that big tbh, there's some great songs on their album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rfrip wrote: »
    Didnt realise they were that big tbh, there's some great songs on their album

Listen to BBC radio 1 allot in the car, disclosure regularly played huge in the uk almost fully mainstream, not quite as popular here but would be a headline electric arena act for sure. I imagine they'll have Sam Smith on stage for 'Latch'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Rfrip wrote: »
    Is it safe to say that there def will b a dance act after bjork or will they just not bother with it?
    Been listening to lot of acts on you tube today, Mano le tough has some great tunes,well def be checking him out, didnt know who he was before today!!!

Same! He's bloody class, hope he plays a late night gig in one of the smaller tents.

Been going through the lineup on Youtube / Spotify recently and discovering some great stuff, really dig Matthew E. White, CHVRCHES, Braids and Warpaint.

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Same! He's bloody class, hope he plays a late night gig in one of the smaller tents.

Been going through the lineup on Youtube / Spotify recently and discovering some great stuff, really dig Matthew E. White, CHVRCHES, Braids and Warpaint.

Yeah I like chvrches and warpaint too!

Saruwatari wrote: »
    he'll be headlining the Little Big Tent on Sunday it seems
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153107145190171&id=128762275170&comment_id=45469925&offset=0&total_comments=15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Weren't there rumours of them cancelling this year?

Saw iamamiwhoami down for the Saturday; is she definitely playing EP then? I know she was "leaked" by The Knife but there's no official announcement on her website or Facebook, and her name isn't on the EP lineup poster either. Hope she is there, would love to see her live. (I know she was at Forbidden Fruit but I was out of the country at the time :( )

• Advertisement

I'm never at my best at that hour of the Sunday. Hope I get a second wind for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Anyone know if there is any chance EP will be selling day tickets for friday or saturday? I really want to see MBV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just Sunday day tickets I believe. Gota get the normal ticks for anything on Fri and Sat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Anyone know if there is any chance EP will be selling day tickets for friday or saturday? I really want to see MBV

I managed to get my hands on a resident ticket for EP last year. It gets you in for any one of the three days.

Keep your eye on adverts or toutless maybe, I think i paid €100 for it but i may have managed to sneak two days out of the ticket rather than one!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Would it be worth going if you could only arrive on the Saturday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Did anyone who applied to Volunteer through the electric picnic website hear anything back ? I got an initial email within a week back in June which indicated they were having trouble getting the numbers, but never heard anything since. The deadline to pay the refundable deposit was 2 weeks ago so I'm assuming I didn't get a spot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

ratedR wrote: »
    Did anyone who applied to Volunteer through the electric picnic website hear anything back ? I got an initial email within a week back in June which indicated they were having trouble getting the numbers, but never heard anything since. The deadline to pay the refundable deposit was 2 weeks ago so I'm assuming I didn't get a spot ?

Sure fire Catherine Kehoe an email at volunteers@electricpicnic.ie it will do you no harm or the Body & Soul people through their website.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

ratedR wrote: »

They emailed me a few days ago saying I was unsuccessful..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Listen to BBC radio 1 allot in the car, disclosure regularly played huge in the uk almost fully mainstream, not quite as popular here but would be a headline electric arena act for sure. I imagine they'll have Sam Smith on stage for 'Latch'?

Ya still baffled about the 00.30am slot on main stage saturday.

If any one is wondering why , ep is struggling with djs and dance acts this would half explain it.

http://www.songkick.com/festivals/21736-electric-zoo/id/14300164-electric-zoo-festival-2013

The problem with EP now is that they have to compete with these US festivals that have emerged in recent years. The season tends really to get going when the european festival season is dies down by the end of august.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ya still baffled about the 00.30am slot on main stage saturday.

If any one is wondering why , ep is struggling with djs and dance acts this would half explain it.

http://www.songkick.com/festivals/21736-electric-zoo/id/14300164-electric-zoo-festival-2013

The problem with EP now is that they have to compete with these US festivals that have emerged in recent years. The season tends really to get going when the european festival season is dies down by the end of august.

hardly something really left field and have Robert Plant do that slot?

anybody know how many more announcements we can expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

The Prodigy are playing festivals this summer and are free the EP weekend, they would be perfect for the Saturday night mainstage slot

Mr.S wrote: »
    With less then a month to go, they would have probably announced them by now to shift tickets.

Possibly, think they added Underworld to the bill as late as August in 2011 so anything is possible, I think they've held back some 'big' acts to help shift tickets at the full price

anybody know how many more announcements we can expect
    2 at least, Little Big Tent and B&S...

last year, the LBT was announced on 25th July, and initial B&S names on August 16th (with the full B&S lineup on August 22nd).
    there was also a few more names announced on August 8th; Perfume Genius, Richie Hawtin, Lee Scratch Perry, Of Monsters and Men, Lianne La Havas, Mark Lanegan, and various Irish acts:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/08/08/more-acts-for-electric-picnic-2012/

just checked 2011, and it was pretty much the same thing, LBT announced the first week of August, a few more names the week after (Jezabels, Vaccines, ASIWYFA, Jape, other Irish acts), and then B&S the week after, which was 2 weeks before the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't know why, and I probably say this every year, but I'm really excited for this picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Anyone know if there are any good deals on tents at the moment?

So are we expecting the LBT announcement & another main lineup announcement sometime this week?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Delighted that is close to a sell out and as Mr s said i say the €150 deal really helped and was a very clever idea . Id say they didnt even mind too much if people got the 150 tickets even if they didnt have 3 previous EP's unde their belt .

I know some people will say there are lots of non EP acts but for me im kinda glad there is a few Oxegen type bands(that would have played before they went all dance) along with the usual EP type acts . Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Anyone know if there are any good deals on tents at the moment?

Got a really decent 4 man tent in halfords for 50 euro, maybe give them a try. Just make sure whatever you buy has two layers, those ones with only one layer are terrible!

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't know why, and I probably say this every year, but I'm really excited for this picnic

Me too! Think this year is going to be way more easy going as usual as there's no one on the line up bar two that I'm actually dying to see so it's going to be an even chilled out picnic than usual for me! Can't flippen wsit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Benzor3000

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up about another main line-up announcement, as anyone who follows the EP Facebook page'll probably have worked out by now. When asked repeated questions about further additions to the Little Big Tent, for example, the standard reply is "acts already announced will be performing there/acts from the current line-up will be playing there", studiously avoiding letting people know whether there are more names to be announced. Such reticence speaks volumes.

When it did actually bother to answer a question about general additions to the line-up last Friday, the response was: "There will be more acts announced for Body and Soul, Trenchtown and Salty Dog." Whilst that doesn't necessarily mean that there are no main arena (Main Stage, Electric Arena, Crawdaddy Stage, Cosby Stage, Little Big Tent) acts to be added, it doesn't bode well.

And here's where the maths comes in. Across those five stages/tents last year, a total of 127 acts played over the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. As of now, there are 74 acts on the bill. That's 40% down on last year (or two stages worth). Draw your own conclusions.

Advertisement