Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Got my camping ticket last week, its going to be my first EP and I can't wait!!

Looking forward to Robert Plant, Johnny Marr and the wonderful Arctic Monkeys.

There's about 20 of us coming up from Tralee. A good few have been there before so they'll be babysitting me for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

CocoRosie, Fcuk Buttons, Julia Holter, Midlake, Low, Swans, Chelsea Wolfe + Russian Circles all playing their own gigs within the next few months here. All top quality acts! a little less generic indie and a bit more of these kind of acts and EP would have the perfect balance IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Has anyone who got the 150 euro tickets, had their tickets delivered yet?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Mine hasn't. But I did the installment things.

Yeah I did the same, they are probably doing them in batches

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

i got mine a few months ago but my brother who bought on the same day hasn't got his yet....

• Advertisement

roll wrote: »
    i got mine a few months ago but my brother who bought on the same day hasn't got his yet....

Are you in the same part of the country?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone have that Bandsintown app on fb????
    I just got notices saying Ed Sheeran/Elbow/Hot Chip/Squarepusher are doing EP.

Guessing they got mixed up ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭endainoz

Didn't they play last year?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

endainoz wrote: »
    Didn't they play last year?

Yea thats why i was confused ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yea thats why i was confused ha

Damn I think it's time to give up the dream that hot chip will be playing this year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

JUst got a response on their FB stage about day splits, won't be released for 2 weeks according to them, I also asked about the rest of the lineup being announced but they ignored that question

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Is it possible they have something big in the pipeline but they're being super secretive so as to blow everyone's mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Is it possible they have something big in the pipeline but they're being super secretive so as to blow everyone's mind?

Do you want the real answer or do you want hope to be kept alive? :D

Toast wrote: »
    Do you want the real answer or do you want hope to be kept alive? :D

I think it's strange that the day by day breakdown is being held back till a week before the event, it's usually released much earlier than that, it could mean the lineup isn't finalised and there's still plenty of acts to be added to the main bill

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Body & Soul has a good lineup this year, and the nice addition of the Radio Shack!

C'mon and announce Flaming Lips already.

Back to University on the 2nd of September, let the games begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I got Roots Manuva and The Cure in mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Back to University on the 2nd of September, let the games begin!

Same. Mandatory induction at 11am. Not happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

Anybody know if the Arcadia Stage will there this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Anybody know if the Arcadia Stage will there this year??

No Arcadia. EP confirmed on their facebook

• Advertisement

Same. Mandatory induction at 11am. Not happening!

Mandatory and College simply do not go together!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

Rfrip wrote: »
    No Arcadia. EP confirmed on their facebook

Well fup that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I think it's strange that the day by day breakdown is being held back till a week before the event, it's usually released much earlier than that, it could mean the lineup isn't finalised and there's still plenty of acts to be added to the main bill

The day by day break downs and stage times won't be released until the week of the EP, it's always been this way?? But The majority of acts announce the exact booking date on their own web sites.

The more ppl get the more they want, if EP released the day by day breakdowns, ppl would then want exact times & arenas! we would be back to the same argument "why aren't they releasing the stage times"

The earlier this info is released the less flexibility organisers have. Can you imagine the confusion & disappointment one line up amendment could cause!! Over 150? Acts (say x3 ppl ave. per group) 450 ppl fit to get to one point with all their instruments + gear planes, trains etc.!! Bound to be hiccups and unforeseen problems. Nothing gained from EP's POV in releasing info early.

I don't expect to see this info published until Wednesday/Thursday of the EP week!! Even then this line up isn't 100% I've printed out many a line up on the thurs. taken it with me only to find its been changed.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The day by day break downs and stage times won't be released until the week of the EP, it's always been this way?? But The majority of acts announce the exact booking date on their own web sites.

The more ppl get the more they want, if EP released the day by day breakdowns, ppl would then want exact times & arenas! we would be back to the same argument "why aren't they releasing the stage times"

The earlier this info is released the less flexibility organisers have. Can you imagine the confusion & disappointment one line up amendment could cause!! Over 150? Acts (say x3 ppl ave. per group) 450 ppl fit to get to one point with all their instruments + gear planes, trains etc.!! Bound to be hiccups and unforeseen problems. Nothing gained from EP's POV in releasing info early.

I don't expect to see this info published until Wednesday/Thursday of the EP week!! Even then this line up isn't 100% I've printed out many a line up on the thurs. taken it with me only to find its been changed.

The day splits are usually released early August, they were released on the 10th of August last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Mr.S wrote: »
    Work 9am Monday morning after EP.

Man up!

Got Monday off last year but Tuesday to Friday the following week I had the absolute fear 24/4... Was absolutely atrocious :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

-=al=- wrote: »
    Got Monday off last year but Tuesday to Friday the following week I had the absolute fear 24/4... Was absolutely atrocious :(

Oh the fear.......dreading it already!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeh Electric Picnic eh!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've got a question. My parents have said they'll buy me a ticket to this for my birthday. If they buy it online will I have to show the card I bought it with to collect my ticket at the gate? If thats the case I can use my own credit card. I went a few years ago but I can't remember how it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

MadYaker wrote: »
    I've got a question. My parents have said they'll buy me a ticket to this for my birthday. If they buy it online will I have to show the card I bought it with to collect my ticket at the gate? If thats the case I can use my own credit card. I went a few years ago but I can't remember how it worked.

no, you don't have to show the card you used to purchase the ticket. One year my missus bought the ticket (for me...I paid her back:D ) on her ticketmaster account with her credit card. The EP ticket had her name on it etc and there was no problem.

Sure if there were problems at that level the idea of selling on tickets (toutless etc) would never work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭cson

Do they have phone charging facilities at EP? I know Indie had them albeit at a €5er a pop.

Advertisement