Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

cson wrote: »
    Do they have phone charging facilities at EP? I know Indie had them albeit at a €5er a pop.

Yep there will be a few places, there is a few well equipped stalls for phone and ipod charging, I think the Vodafone tent will be there too so you can get you phone charged for free in there apparently. There is also phone charging places in the Hendrix camp site too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Le Galaxie closing the B&S main stage on the Saturday night:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/602417983122956/?ref=22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

nice one, just see now that tourist is playing b&s. he's got some great tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXjWqpqc-TM

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Can't get a better ending to a night like that. Can't wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

What time does it close at btw? Memories from last year of it going on for ages on the Sunday after The Killers. Would it be 3 or 4 or is it all DJs at that time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh I like that a lot

The beauty of EP. Acts ive never heard of six months ago are now on my must see list!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Griff77

He's unreal, defo on the must see list now too. Cheers Georgiecasey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is amazing! I need to make a list of all the stuff I want to see.

What time does it close at btw? Memories from last year of it going on for ages on the Sunday after The Killers. Would it be 3 or 4 or is it all DJs at that time?
    yeah, about 4. can be either DJs or live acts, depends on who they put on at that time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

MadYaker wrote: »
    I've got a question. My parents have said they'll buy me a ticket to this for my birthday. If they buy it online will I have to show the card I bought it with to collect my ticket at the gate? If thats the case I can use my own credit card. I went a few years ago but I can't remember how it worked.
    no, you don't have to show the card you used to purchase the ticket. One year my missus bought the ticket (for me...I paid her back:D ) on her ticketmaster account with her credit card. The EP ticket had her name on it etc and there was no problem.

Sure if there were problems at that level the idea of selling on tickets (toutless etc) would never work.

Did you just go in with a ticket with her name on it or collect the ticket at the box office? I think MadYaker is planning on the latter which might not be what you done.

MadYaker - could you get them delivered to be on the safe side?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Did you just go in with a ticket with her name on it or collect the ticket at the box office? I think MadYaker is planning on the latter which might not be what you done.

MadYaker - could you get them delivered to be on the safe side?

Don't bother going to a box office it's just another que, + they may ask there for credit card confirmation.
    Get them to send you an E-ticket (which is the default for ticket master online) print out the E-ticket on A4 page.
    When you approach the EP gates they'll simply scan the barcode on the A4 page and give you a wrist band! Simples the ticket checkers won't normally read anything on the A4 print out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

I've never being, EP isn't exactly my taste, i like some of the bands but most of them i would not be too bothered. Is there proper DJ sets somewhere at it too?

Can i be expecting raves and the likes at 1 and 2 in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

anyone hear anything else on whether the Little Big Tent will be there? I can't place Tiga anywhere else other than LBT:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Perhaps a Boards meet up at Pieminister is in order?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

anyone hear anything else on whether the Little Big Tent will be there? I can't place Tiga anywhere else other than LBT:D
    yeah they said on facebook it'll be there. And some of the artists have said they are playing LBT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

It's an extremely underwhelming lineup for the Little Big Tent this year though it must be said.

Jello wrote: »
    It's an extremely underwhelming lineup for the Little Big Tent this year though it must be said.
    Definitly short on big names but the place will be rockin' as always.. i reckon there will be a few surprises over the weekend.

what's the lineup for it?

None yet.....just a few artists playing there have been announced..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I suppose cross off the smaller electronic acts that won't be playing the main stage or the Electric Arena and they are either for the B&S area, the rave in the woods or the LBT. Stuff like Tiga, Mount Kimbie, Mano Le Tough, Mmoths, Forrests, Terri Hooley, Space Dimension Controller (I don't know if thats a band or a DJ but it sounds electronic), Hudson Mohawke, Joy Orbison, Crystal Fighters. These are just guesses, I presume some more are going to be announced hopefully. I'm working at this anyway so it should be good craic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

They should rename it 'Little Big 'Sh1t' so. I think asking my friends to come with me in the 'Little Big Sh1t' would make up for the potentially piss poor line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Family from the UK would have booked tickets to come over on the Sunday if Wu Tang were playing on the Sunday, turns out the idiots are announcing the day by day breakup until the week of the festival. How can they expect anyone to book Sunday tickets?

Seriously expecting it to be the last EP, there's no buzz around it this year, the EP regulars hate the lineup for the most part.

Anyone know anything about buses from Galway, only one I could find on Google was €50, extortion. If any of you know someone organising a private bus that's looking to fill seats give me a PM, I'd be more than happy to go on a privately organised one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Family from the UK would have booked tickets to come over on the Sunday if Wu Tang were playing on the Sunday, turns out the idiots are announcing the day by day breakup until the week of the festival. How can they expect anyone to book Sunday tickets?

Seriously expecting it to be the last EP, there's no buzz around it this year, the EP regulars hate the lineup for the most part.

I checked Wu-Tang's tour dates, they're playing the Saturday. I'm an EP regular and cant wait, its not all about the line-up. Wu-Tang, Robert Plant and The Beat are all im really dying for but the best part is the festival itself and the buzz with your mates.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The day by day break downs and stage times won't be released until the week of the EP, it's always been this way?? But The majority of acts announce the exact booking date on their own web sites.

The more ppl get the more they want, if EP released the day by day breakdowns, ppl would then want exact times & arenas! we would be back to the same argument "why aren't they releasing the stage times"

The earlier this info is released the less flexibility organisers have. Can you imagine the confusion & disappointment one line up amendment could cause!! Over 150? Acts (say x3 ppl ave. per group) 450 ppl fit to get to one point with all their instruments + gear planes, trains etc.!! Bound to be hiccups and unforeseen problems. Nothing gained from EP's POV in releasing info early.

I don't expect to see this info published until Wednesday/Thursday of the EP week!! Even then this line up isn't 100% I've printed out many a line up on the thurs. taken it with me only to find its been changed.

Nothing to gain? You really think people will blindly buy Sunday tickets?

Electric picnic probably think they're smart having undercover boardsies spreading the propaganda.

TheBza wrote: »
    I checked Wu-Tang's tour dates, they're playing the Saturday. I'm an EP regular and cant wait, its not all about the line-up. Wu-Tang, Robert Plant and The Beat are all im really dying for but the best part is the festival itself and the buzz with your mates.

Cheers man, just checked it myself. Your name gives a sly hint that you might be a wu fan.

I'm the same, buzz with mates is the best bit but for the money and previous line ups I expect much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

I love wu-tang man, cant wait for them at EP. Ye i get the frustration, im not fussy though, il be happy if i get to see those artists i mentioned, normally i always end up missing everyone i want to see anyway. Its a bit steep if you missed out on the cheap tickets they were selling a few months ago, i couldnt get em, so have to fork out for them, might see if i can get em cheaper online off someone myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Anyone else still waiting on tickets?

Got mine on the installment plan and i'm still waiting :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone else still waiting on tickets?

Got mine on the installment plan and i'm still waiting :/

Me too.

They'll arrive, don't worry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Wu Tang are awful live these days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ahhhhh, so that's what that meant :pac:

Advertisement