Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Be very, very quiet, I'm hunting wabbits.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Folks, anyone know if the post 22.30 rule allowing beer to be brought in when bars shut will apply again this year like previous years. Website unclear.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Folks, anyone know if the post 22.30 rule allowing beer to be brought in when bars shut will apply again this year like previous years. Website unclear.

Peter

this was discussed some pages back, I think the official word is that there is no official word on this! Apparently it's an un-written thing so you definitely won't see it mentioned on the EP website.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Chinaman666

Mr.S wrote: »
    Less drug talk please!

What's wrong with taking drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

this was discussed some pages back, I think the official word is that there is no official word on this! Apparently it's an un-written thing so you definitely won't see it mentioned on the EP website.

I know I said this a few pages back but I'm about 90% sure it was on the website last year. It's not on it this year though, so I'm just hoping they'll be as relaxed as usual. I'd say people will be fairly annoyed if they don't allow it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

denisstack wrote: »
    I know I said this a few pages back but I'm about 90% sure it was on the website last year. It's not on it this year though, so I'm just hoping they'll be as relaxed as usual. I'd say people will be fairly annoyed if they don't allow it.

You can look at the old website via archive.org. I've already checked the obvious places (do's and dont's and the FAQ) and can't find mention of this. I'm fairly convinced this has always been unofficial and never acknowledged openly but if someone can find something please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I've an opportunity to work at EP this year. I've been offered a family crew camping ticket. Has anyone brought kids and worked crew before? Any idea what this area is like?
    I've brought the kids to regular family camping and love it. Never been crew before so a bit unsure as to the set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Toast wrote: »
    You can look at the old website via archive.org. I've already checked the obvious places (do's and dont's and the FAQ) and can't find mention of this. I'm fairly convinced this has always been unofficial and never acknowledged openly but if someone can find something please do.

Had a look there and I can't see it either. Time for me to back down on this one I think! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I've an opportunity to work at EP this year. I've been offered a family crew camping ticket. Has anyone brought kids and worked crew before? Any idea what this area is like?
    I've brought the kids to regular family camping and love it. Never been crew before so a bit unsure as to the set up.

the area is lovely, really the nicest spot to camp in the whole site, the standard crew site is pretty grim and more unsafe than regular camping, so with kids its a great call getting the family

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

For the last 3 or 4 years I recall the rule that you could bring four tins into the main arena after the bars shut, I mentioned this in my blog reviews too. It saves security having to do thorough searches after 10.30, so they can at least relax a bit too. Hopefully these rules have not changed since the Body & Soul festival clamp down. Although you might get told to finish a can before going into a marquee, as this has happened to me before going into the Electric Arena and LBT, which is grand, you just open another can in said stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

the area is lovely, really the nicest spot to camp in the whole site, the standard crew site is pretty grim and more unsafe than regular camping, so with kids its a great call getting the family

That's good news, thanks. Another question or three. Is it located beside the regular family carpark? Is the crew carpark nearby? Can you set up tent a day or two before? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Family from the UK would have booked tickets to come over on the Sunday if Wu Tang were playing on the Sunday, turns out the idiots are announcing the day by day breakup until the week of the festival. How can they expect anyone to book Sunday tickets?

Seriously expecting it to be the last EP, there's no buzz around it this year, the EP regulars hate the lineup for the most part.

Anyone know anything about buses from Galway, only one I could find on Google was €50, extortion. If any of you know someone organising a private bus that's looking to fill seats give me a PM, I'd be more than happy to go on a privately organised one.

What's with the "propaganda" and "EP staff as under cover boardies" ? your clearly paranoid!!

There's been quite allot of picnic hype this year far more than usual!! (Don't know if that necessarily a good thing?)

The Sunday line up is practically common knowledge at this stage, if you were really bothered or intent on seeing a particular act you can easily check out their web site/tour dates. So it's not exactly "buying blindly" they have Internet in the UK too you know!!

You must also remember most ppl on the forum bought and will buy early bird tickets before any act is announced!

Check the Bus Eireann web site think there's a special EP service for €35.

Can't wait woohoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

For the last 3 or 4 years I recall the rule that you could bring four tins into the main arena after the bars shut, I mentioned this in my blog reviews too. It saves security having to do thorough searches after 10.30, so they can at least relax a bit too. Hopefully these rules have not changed since the Body & Soul festival clamp down. Although you might get told to finish a can before going into a marquee, as this has happened to me before going into the Electric Arena and LBT, which is grand, you just open another can in said stage.

I like the whole buzz of sneaking tins in!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I like the whole buzz of sneaking tins in!! :)

ha yeah i have a specially designed 'secret compartment' in my bag, never fails, although it does leave them very confused when they empty the bag and still finds it weights a ton. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

So over the next 15 days we're still expecting announcements regarding:
    • Final Primary Stage Announcements
    • Salty Dog stage
    • Trailer Park/Mindfield
    • Little Big Tent (+Rave in the Woods?)
    • Day and Time breakdown

That's still a good few, or am I missing something, and some of those aren't going to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

You reckon theres more main acts to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

TheBza wrote: »
    You reckon theres more main acts to be announced?

They confirmed it on their fb last week I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Didn't see that, nice!!

I doubt there will be any significant additions though!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

Im at work and the EP webiste is blocked. Is there a camping ticket for just the sunday nigth does anyone know?

• Advertisement

simonmln wrote: »
    Im at work and the EP webiste is blocked. Is there a camping ticket for just the sunday nigth does anyone know?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Just having a listen to a couple of Mano Le Tough live sets here il be deffo checking him out at ep for a little dance..not long to go now im starting to get bit excited for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Wu Tang are awful live these days...

It's the first time in years they've had the full wu lineup though ( aside from odb of course) so it will be good to see ghost face and raekwon on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DamoYoung

I know there is definitely 1 more main acts announcement. I'm hoping 2 believe it or not. At this stage I don't care, there is loads of great acts down there already, I can't wait, Festihut booked and all.

My B&S tip : The Dead Heavys. Great band. Gonna hear a lot about them over next 12 months!!

Excited much?? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

Any word on trinity orchestra playing? Great to listen to on a Sunday morning. Missed them this year at forbidden fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

Can you bring disposable bbq's into the campsite?? I'm sure I seen it somewhere but I can't find it now!! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

fionamcfi wrote: »
    Any word on trinity orchestra playing? Great to listen to on a Sunday morning. Missed them this year at forbidden fruit.
    Dublin Gospel Choir are playing on the main stage Sunday morning/afternoon this year anyway.
    maybe the Trinity Orchestra will get the Saturday slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

yeah there doesnt seem to be any Sunday morning orchestra confirmed yet, I must say I enjoyed the RTE concert orchestra doin the film tunes a few years back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The Trinity Orchestra at last years Picnic was my highlight. Really hoping for them this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just having a listen to a couple of Mano Le Tough live sets here il be deffo checking him out at ep for a little dance..not long to go now im starting to get bit excited for it now.

Only discovered him last week tbh, deffo on my must see

Advertisement