Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 martandr

niallon wrote: »
    Last year was my first picnic, we had a lovely visitor every night of the festival. My GF woke each time as they were opening the zip (I'm not a wimp, just an extremely heavy sleeper!) and when she roared at them they'd flash a light in her face and leave. But we were both sleeping with any real valuables enough on our person that I'd like to think they couldn't have got near without waking us anyway.

Where did you camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Mr.S wrote: »
    Lock or no lock, you really shouldn't have anything in the tent of value! (apart from booze, which I hate leaving in my tent :()

got it in one...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What time does the campsite open at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

What time does the campsite open at ?

something like 9am Friday morning.
    I arrived at 11am last year and it was eerily quiet so take your time, no rush. It's a marathon not a sprint;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

martandr wrote: »
    Where did you camp?

Warhol, directly in line with the arena entrance but a fair bit away. Didn't matter though, with no oxegen for the first time last year there was a higher volume of heads not all that interested in the event itself, hopefully less this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Tickets
    Tent
    Sleeping Bag
    Deodorant
    Baby Wipes
    Dry Shampoo
    Small Towel
    Snacks (crisps, crackers, sweets etc)
    Pot Noodle / Cupa Soup (will save you lots of €€€€)
    Change of clothes for 3 days
    Nice big jumper (gets very cold at night)
    Rain Jacket.
    Lots and lots of drink
    Lots and lots of cigarettes
    Print out of timetable of bands
    Speakers for the campsite
    Torch
    Cash (ATM queues can be a bit of a joke)

and thats about it

I went down on a whim last year after a night of drinking and just dossed down from Sligo on the Fiday. Usually bring way too much stuff but this time I only had bare essentials, spare clothes mainly, and it turned out to be best idea as I was never worried about losing things.
    Probably bring everything but the kitchen sink this year and lose it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

hmmm, yeah what do people think the clientele will be like this year? this year we are going in a camper again and having done last year in one, the camper site seems to be a good bit safer imo

I felt that myself Mr S, with Oxegens numbers as low as they were reported it seems that there will be a cross over alright, im not too worried about young people to be honest its the people who go looking for trouble. EP has always been a festival where you havent had to worry about too much, of course there is always one or two of these jokers around but generally speaking very very few.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Anyone know of any buses going to EP from Cork on Sunday morning and returning on the Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

www.hotpress.com/news/10091163.html

Stripped back Friday night by the sounds of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Blackthorn Man

Hi, anyone know where I would get a family weekend ticket for 2 adults and 2 kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Wu-Tang on the Friday suits me down to a T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Hi, anyone know where I would get a family weekend ticket for 2 adults and 2 kids?

Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

FRIDAY

Fatboy Slim
    Giorgio Moroder
    Hudson Taylor
    Miles Kane
    My Bloody Valentine
    Wu Tang Clan

SATURDAY

Big Black Delta
    Billy Bragg
    BJORK
    BRMC
    Cayucas
    Clinic
    Cyril Hahn
    Daithi
    Deap Vally
    Disclosure
    Duckworth Lewis Method
    Ellie Goulding
    Factory Floor
    Forrests
    Gavin James
    Halves
    Hozier
    Hudson Mohawke
    Hurts
    John Grant
    John Murry
    Josephine
    Le Carousel
    Little Green Cars
    Lulu James
    Matthew E. White
    Merchandise
    New Jackson
    No Ceremony
    OCS
    Palma Violets
    Parquet Courts
    Peace
    Raglans
    Robert Plant
    Ryan Sheridan
    Sam Smith
    Savages
    Space Dimension Controller
    The Beat
    The Walkmen
    Tiga
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Valerie June
    Young Folk
    Young Wonder

SUNDAY

Arctic Monkeys
    Black Uhuru
    Blondes
    Braids
    David Byrne & St. Vincent
    Chrome Sparks
    Chvrches
    Crystal Fighters
    Dawes
    Dirty Epics
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Eels
    Enemies
    Franz Ferdinand
    Funeral Suits
    Hermitage Green
    Indians
    Jagwar Ma
    Johnny Marr
    Kodaline
    Lady Lamb The Beekeeper
    Little Bear
    Luke Sital-Singh
    Mano Le Tough
    Maud in Cahoots
    Mick Flannery

Mount Kimbie
    MS MR
    Night Beds
    Nina Nesbitt
    Noah & The Whale
    Polica
    Silhouette
    SOAK
    Summer Camp
    Terri Hooley
    The 1975
    The Establishment
    The Knife
    The Strypes
    Warpaint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

foolelle wrote: »
    I felt that myself Mr S, with Oxegens numbers as low as they were reported it seems that there will be a cross over alright, im not too worried about young people to be honest its the people who go looking for trouble. EP has always been a festival where you havent had to worry about too much, of course there is always one or two of these jokers around but generally speaking very very few.

Allot of people boozing in one area things are bound to happen, the camp sites are dark, confusing its easy to mistake the wrong tent!
    The younger post leaving certs are a bit head wrecking huge groups +20 people, go hell for leather Fri/Sat then burn out Sun but f**k it, its their to be enjoyed by all.

I have to say in all the years I've been to the EP apart from the odd camping chair (which i firmly believe to be borrowed with good intentions) my tent/stuff has never been touched.

2 and a bit weeks! Time for dodgy Internet long range weather forecasts!!

Friday the new late night Saturday showcase? Or is their still hope of a post Bjork electronic act?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Always thought they should have only tribute acts on Friday night as everyone goes a bit buck mad (myself included)! Always dreaded seeing someone I really wanted to see down for the Friday night, Dineen being the exception.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

So the Friday night is cost cutting night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

bar MBV and Wu-Tang Clan, that just means more time for wandering around the B&S area for me on Friday night so...

would prefer a few of the Saturday/Sunday medium-sized acts on in the Electric Arena on Friday before Cox/Moroder, seeing as they're going to have it open, as it would mean less clashes on those 2 days...

Friday the new late night Saturday showcase? Or is their still hope of a post Bjork electronic act?

To be honest Friday is a long day, packing, walking/carrying, setting up tent etc. I'm usually fooked by 12! + partially saving myself for the next day. Electronic act after Bjork would be a mess!!

Am I reading the hot press link correctly a reduced Fri night, surely they don't have any where near enough acts to have all tents/stages running?

• Advertisement

I'm still holding out for Pet Shop Boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    To be honest Friday is a long day, packing, walking/carrying, setting up tent etc. I'm usually fooked by 12! + partially saving myself for the next day. Electronic act after Bjork would be a mess!!

Am I reading the hot press link correctly a reduced Fri night, surely they don't have any where near enough acts to have all tents/stages running?

Friday:
    Main Stage: Hudson Taylor, Miles Kane, Wu-Tang Clan, My Bloody Valentine, Fatboy Slim
    Electric Arena: Chris Cox/Giorgio Moroder only.
    B&S, Trailer Park, Trenchtown etc open as normal, seemingly....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

This Friday lark is very poor.

Of all the snips they could have done this is probably the better one. I really liked 2005 when there was camping on the Friday but not much else. The real question is is that all that is getting cut?

Toast wrote: »
    Of all the snips they could have done this is probably the better one. I really liked 2005 when there was camping on the Friday but not much else. The real question is is that all that is getting cut?

Agreed if this is the only on site cut back and I have a ticket €80-€90 cheaper ill be quite happy.

Friday:
    Main Stage: Hudson Taylor, Miles Kane, Wu-Tang Clan, My Bloody Valentine, Fatboy Slim
    Electric Arena: Chris Cox/Giorgio Moroder only.
    B&S, Trailer Park, Trenchtown etc open as normal, seemingly....

Yea i kinda like the low key of friday night , think it will also mean more people taking their time to getting on site instead of people rushing in . Plus gives more time to go wandering around the site :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

What is open on the Thursday for the camper vans does anyone know?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Allot of people boozing in one area things are bound to happen, the camp sites are dark, confusing its easy to mistake the wrong tent!
    The younger post leaving certs are a bit head wrecking huge groups +20 people, go hell for leather Fri/Sat then burn out Sun but f**k it, its their to be enjoyed by all.

I have to say in all the years I've been to the EP apart from the odd camping chair (which i firmly believe to be borrowed with good intentions) my tent/stuff has never been touched.

2 and a bit weeks! Time for dodgy Internet long range weather forecasts!!

ah yeah you would expect some idot not able to handle his booze burstin off the tins all weekend makin some sort of spectacle of himself, i would agree about the kiddies bein annoying but sure that could be just us gettin old. Touch wood I have never had a thing stolen on me at the picnic despite leaving chairs etc outside for the entire weekend.

whats all this about 'Jerry Fishs' new Trenchtown stage? thats new to me.

I also like the idea of a quieter Friday night, although I will be there from the Thursday afternoon hopefully, between all the music etc ive never really had time to check out the mindfield and comedy etc, guess ill do that friday so....

17 days to be exact
    NFR NFC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Grand, was hoping wu tang and fatboy slim wouldn't clash, wu tang are what drew me to the picnic in the first place even though I'm a big fatboy slim fan, anybody know what day disclosure are playing? Can't wait to see them either

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Grand, was hoping wu tang and fatboy slim wouldn't clash, wu tang are what drew me to the picnic in the first place even though I'm a big fatboy slim fan, anybody know what day disclosure are playing? Can't wait to see them either

Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

So we were told the discount ticket was for our "loyalty" when in truth we are just getting a scaled back festival with half the stuff thats normally on on the friday.

Advertisement