Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Theres still plenty of headliners on the friday and then you'll have the usual trench town, body & soul etc. Not really a big deal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Who do you think will sub Bjork and headline Electric Arena?

Im guessin either Robert Plant/2 Door Cinema Club . I think 2dcc would be a good alternative to Bjork

Also Franz Ferdinand to sub Arctic Monkeys on Sunday?

Id say you have it right, looking forward to Robert Plant, probably wont be main stage, no?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TheBza wrote: »
    Id say you have it right, looking forward to Robert Plant, probably wont be main stage, no?

Dont no but i can see them having Bjork against 2DCC imo so cant see Plant doing anything else bar subbing then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

lbj666 wrote: »
    So we were told the discount ticket was for our "loyalty" when in truth we are just getting a scaled back festival with half the stuff thats normally on on the friday.

I never believed the loyalty line, of course there was always going to be scaling back, they are seriously in the red so they need to manage their costs...it's a business after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Does this mean no little big tent on the Friday?

Very dissapointed with what they are doing tbh, there's a lack of LBT type acts for the weekend and no Saturday night electronic act for the main stage, 10th anniversary me arse, I thought they'd try do something special instead they've scaled back the event

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Sit down I got some news for you...It isn't actually their 10th anniversary either.

Toast wrote: »
    Sit down I got some news for you...It isn't actually their 10th anniversary either.

I know that but that's how they've gone out of their way to advertise it, anyway I think we're being short changed on the Friday, with no arenas open all the other areas will be crazy busy

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Yeah, the lack of 'Little Big Tent' is starting to annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Queue for the silent disco on Friday will be mental !!
    This isn't a million miles away from what was predicted about 4 months ago by Jim Carroll or Richie Mccormack ( i can't remember which). They said the main arena would be closed with the B&S / Trenchtown / Salty Dog etc open, and then everything would be back to normal on the Saturday.

It'll pretty much be like that for me, because except MBV, the rest is guff (and i'm not even an MBV fan).

The other downside of this is, with all the other acts condensed into 2 days, it's gonna get very clashy on Sat & Sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

I know that but that's how they've gone out of their way to advertise it, anyway I think we're being short changed on the Friday, with no arenas open all the other areas will be crazy busy

I think it is pretty telling about their attitude to the marketing when they wouldn't fix that even after it being pointed out multiple times to them (they rephrased it to 10th Birthday which is still incorrect).

I don't know if short changed can be applied when tickets started at €100 less than the previous years. You could argue there was a level of trust by selling tickets under the Electric Picnic name that you'd be getting the same experience that you always would but there is also a certain level of personal responsibility to know that something is going when the price gets cut that much especially in the wake of the various problems with launching the festival

I still think if the thinning of the Friday is the only thing they do it'll be the best situation. I was expecting cuts less visible to people who don't go. Things like less support staff etc.

Anyway if people have early bird tickets they need to ditch in the wake of these revelations there's plenty of people still looking over at toutless :D

No indoor arenas on the Friday we better pray it doesn't rain :)

Mr.S wrote: »

I usually start 10 days before the event but what the hell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mr.S wrote: »

I like the sound of "Abundant sunshine" on the sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

I presume this scale back doesn't affect the Rave in the Woods on any of the days, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

maximoose wrote: »
    I like the sound of "Abundant sunshine" on the sunday!

Abundant Sunshine sounds like something the government would say just before slapping a tax on it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

The main thing about the cut acts on the Friday to me, suggests that they really don't have any space for any more main acts to be announced, for Sat and Sun. So I guess that means that that's our line-up anyway.

I don't mind really, as said Friday is always a bit of a hectic day for actually getting there, lugging your craic around the fields, trying to organise with people arriving at different times where to find you, getting the tent-town up and running with your mates, and finally open that first can as you sit down and survey your land!

And then some MBV and FBS to round off the day! Sounds pretty alright to me.

You're never going to hear me complain about the 'cuts' as, yeah, I paid €150 for a ticket, I'm surprised I'm getting this much for it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I havent been to the picnic since 2010 and always spent late night at the rave in the woods or arcadia when it was there - is there much house / techno stuff in body and soul / trenchtown or the likes if the rave in the woods is a victim of the cutbacks?

df1985 wrote: »
    I havent been to the picnic since 2010 and always spent late night at the rave in the woods or arcadia when it was there - is there much house / techno stuff in body and soul / trenchtown or the likes if the rave in the woods is a victim of the cutbacks?

Trench Town would be strictly reggae, the other two you'll have techno etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

TheBza wrote: »
    Trench Town would be strictly reggae, the other two you'll have techno etc.

Could trench town not turn into ragga/ jungle when it gets very late?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Queue for the silent disco on Friday will be mental !!
    This isn't a million miles away from what was predicted about 4 months ago by Jim Carroll or Richie Mccormack ( i can't remember which). They said the main arena would be closed with the B&S / Trenchtown / Salty Dog etc open, and then everything would be back to normal on the Saturday.

It'll pretty much be like that for me, because except MBV, the rest is guff (and i'm not even an MBV fan).

The other downside of this is, with all the other acts condensed into 2 days, it's gonna get very clashy on Sat & Sun.

Assuming the silent disco is there? Surely it has to be???? It's part of the picnic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Raoul

I can't find it anywhere but does anybody know the story with the Car Park? Basically how much does it cost? Also is it safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Raoul wrote: »
    I can't find it anywhere but does anybody know the story with the Car Park? Basically how much does it cost? Also is it safe?

Car Park is free and safe. Five years going to picnic and never had any problem with the Car Parks, always left my car there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah thinking of bringing the car too. Be handy to leave valuables in.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

I'm very annoyed about Friday night. I really hope they add some more acts for Friday because at the moment there's only My Bloody Valentine for me and I'm not even a big fan. I can't understand people saying it's a "good thing" to have so little on the Friday, even though I accept that they have to cut costs. I didn't think it would be stripped down this much!

Conbhar wrote: »
    Car Park is free and safe. Five years going to picnic and never had any problem with the Car Parks, always left my car there.

Cheers for that. Is it far away?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

about 2 and a half weeks.

Not really, its about a 10 min walk to the entrance.. and then its about a 10/15min walk from entrance into the campsites.

When you're carrying a tent, sleeping bag, and a ****load of booze that can seem like a f*cking eternity though :)

So the car park is 25 minutes away. That is fair bit but sure you can always come in and set up the tent and then have a drink on the way back to the car for the rest of your stuff.

• Advertisement

So the car park is 25 minutes away. That is fair bit but sure you can always come in and set up the tent and then have a drink on the way back to the car for the rest of your stuff.

Ya. Generally I only bring in the booze I need for Friday to lighten the load on the walk in, then go back to the car on Saturday morning after a fry in Stradbally.

Advertisement