Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Ohhhh This Picnic is going to be clashtastic thanks to their ridiculous day by day breakdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Raoul wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Is it far away?

Depends on what campsite you are planing to stay in. We always stay in Warhol cause its close to the arena entrance. I'm not gona lie, it can be a bit of a slog what with beer, tent, backpack and all but I think it's worth it. I always try and bring everything I need in with me the first time I go in.
    Nothing like sitting back after ya put up the tent wit a can in hand and watching everyone else reluctantly heading back to the car to get the rest of their gear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

How long of a trek is it from the campervan area to the main arena?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Conbhar wrote: »
    Depends on what campsite you are planing to stay in. We always stay in Warhol cause its close to the arena entrance. I'm not gona lie, it can be a bit of a slog what with beer, tent, backpack and all but I think it's worth it. I always try and bring everything I need in with me the first time I go in.
    Nothing like sitting back after ya put up the tent wit a can in hand and watching everyone else reluctantly heading back to the car to get the rest of their gear :)

I deliberately leave the drink in the car until our tent is up and sorted, it would never be put up otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

threein99 wrote: »
    I deliberately leave the drink in the car until our tent is up and sorted, it would never be put up otherwise

Ah I know what you mean, It does have the potential to end in disaster. I have on occasion had a sneaky can or two while in the process of tent erecting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Davexirl

On the Sunday afternoon, Liverpool are playing Man Utd at 13:30.

I doubt anywhere within the festival will be showing the match, how far of a walk is it into Stradbally to the nearest pub????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I guess it was obvious that EP was going to be scaled back in some way due to the ticket prices but didn't think it would be scaled back that much.. Like others have said looks like there'll be more clashes on the Sat and Sun now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Davexirl wrote: »

I doubt anywhere within the festival will be showing the match, how far of a walk is it into Stradbally to the nearest pub????

Not that far. From Warhol its about half an hour IIRC, and there's plenty of pubs always showing whatever sport is on that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Davexirl wrote: »

Never mind that muck............Dublin V Kerry is on at 3.30 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Davexirl

miller82 wrote: »
    Never mind that muck............Dublin V Kerry is on at 3.30

Forgot about that, be in the pub all day so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

It wouldn't be hard for them to put a TV somewhere. Isn't there a bar/pub , looking at the map could be the Spiegeltent or somewhere around there?that'd be ideal for a screen.....wanna see the reds beat the scum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

It wouldn't be hard for them to put a TV somewhere. Isn't there a bar/pub , looking at the map could be the Spiegeltent or somewhere around there?that'd be ideal for a screen.....wanna see the reds beat the scum :D

As much as I would like to see that, this debate comes up every year. Sport is divisive and causes arguments. Better to take the short trip to stradbally and come back (after a sturridge hat trick) to enjoy EP.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Music & Arts Festival, no need for sports match taking away peoples attention!

Football is an Art. Plus it should be there as an option, if you don't want to watch it, don't

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

10 mins

Mr.S wrote: »
    Nope I think you'll find football is a sport!

Unnecessary cost with no return & the potential to cause arguments, won't be happening buddy!

Boo-urns. Nearest pub so.

hqdefault.jpg?feature=og

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Don't expect to see any matches over the weekend! I've been there before on All Ireland hurling final day. Saw boyos in Kilkenny jerseys with the radio in the earphones whilst watching stuff in the tents!
    I agree with other posters - it is music & arts.
    The organisers have deliberately & publicly stated before that there'll be no TV or matches shown.
    You can't please everyone.
    I am a sports fan, but for the one big weekend of the year, I am happy to forgo to soak up the music.

Martin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

10 mins

It takes 20-25mins if you go through the main campsite, and through the main entrance.
    it takes 15mins if you go through the woods via salty dog.
    There's no chance it takes just 10 mins. Going the salty dog route last year, i was booting it (walking, not running) and it took 15mins. We were mid way in the campervan site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

F**k sports!! Drink beer and listen to music instead!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

It takes 20-25mins if you go through the main campsite, and through the main entrance.
    There's no chance it takes just 10 mins. Going the salty dog route last year, i was booting it (walking, not running) and it took 15mins. We were mid way in the campervan site.

perhaps you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 16 flaghead

Does anyone know the names of companies which are constructing the marquees? I wonder if theyre hiring...

• Advertisement

Car park (parked as close as possible to entrance) to middle of the Hendrix was. 25-30min last year. I'm sure it will be the same this year unless the layout changes.

flaghead wrote: »
    Does anyone know the names of companies which are constructing the marquees? I wonder if theyre hiring...

There's a company called Donohue marquees, Know they have been on site in the past but as for this year? Think they would have core staff whether they employe temps for big events I don't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

Feel quite disappointed with the way Friday is playing out. Their facebook page is desperate too, very cryptic and not really answering peoples' questions.

I'm going to go with an open mind and will be delighted to be there, but as it stands there's no one I really want to see on the friday! This has never happened before, its usually the opposite. Here's hoping that there's a good bit happening elsewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Jeee-ayzus isn't there an abundance of English football on for the next 9 months or something?

Do yourself a favour and spend the weekend doing things that you will never do for the other 51 weekend of your year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

sdgbt wrote: »
    I'm going to go with an open mind and will be delighted to be there, but as it stands there's no one I really want to see on the friday! This has never happened before, its usually the opposite. Here's hoping that there's a good bit happening elsewhere :)

Just gives you an opportunity to find some new music! Also if all else fails the Salty Dog is great craic, had some of my best festival memories there

Fatfrog wrote: »
    There's a company called Donohue marquees, Know they have been on site in the past but as for this year? Think they would have core staff whether they employe temps for big events I don't know?

do alot of the smaller ones at oxegen as i recall. its usually a tight enough core crew with these sorts. and ep is smaller this year like oxegen so i cant see expanding staff happening

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

maximoose wrote: »
    Not really, its about a 10 min walk to the entrance.. and then its about a 10/15min walk from entrance into the campsites.

When you're carrying a tent, sleeping bag, and a ****load of booze that can seem like a f*cking eternity though :)

I'm thinking about getting one of these for carrying all the stuff to the campsite. Not expensive and it folds flat so it won't take up much room in the car.

frakta-trolley__0093265_PE232014_S4.JPG

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting one of these for carrying all the stuff to the campsite. Not expensive and it folds flat so it won't take up much room in the car.

frakta-trolley__0093265_PE232014_S4.JPG

big yellow truck might be there renting again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just gives you an opportunity to find some new music! Also if all else fails the Salty Dog is great craic, had some of my best festival memories there

Seen Ham Sandwich there two years ago, one of the best gigs I have been at, Arcade Fire were on at the same time so there was only about 300 people there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

big yellow truck might be there renting again

Oh there's a place that rents them?

Advertisement