Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

threein99 wrote: »
    Seen Ham Sandwich there two years ago, one of the best gigs I have been at, Arcade Fire were on at the same time so there was only about 300 people there
    Going mad that I missed Arcade Fire when they played. Hadn't heard of them at the time and just dismissed them as a punk bank. Luckily enough I've seen them twice since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Going mad that I missed Arcade Fire when they played. Hadn't heard of them at the time and just dismissed them as a punk bank. Luckily enough I've seen them twice since then.

It was a brilliant show, they kept asking the crowd how come you are not at Arcade Fire :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Oh there's a place that rents them?

yes over the years 3 companies have provided this service,, usually based at bus drop off, car parks, with return points located at most the campsites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Davexirl wrote: »
    On the Sunday afternoon, Liverpool are playing Man Utd at 13:30.

I doubt anywhere within the festival will be showing the match, how far of a walk is it into Stradbally to the nearest pub????

Oh ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'm thinking about getting one of these for carrying all the stuff to the campsite. Not expensive and it folds flat so it won't take up much room in the car.

The engineer in me thinks the wheels are very narrow on that and will pretty much sink in anything resembling muck so it'd be useless for getting you through the campsite if it turns up anyways soft. You could potentially rig up the wheels on it so there better at load bearing; i.e. wider, so they wouldn't sink. If you've ever seen the massive machinery they have in the bog and wondered why the tracks are so wide on them; thats why. No sinking.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    The engineer in me thinks the wheels are very narrow on that and will pretty much sink in anything resembling muck so it'd be useless for getting you through the campsite if it turns up anyways soft. You could potentially rig up the wheels on it so there better at load bearing; i.e. wider, so they wouldn't sink. If you've ever seen the massive machinery they have in the bog and wondered why the tracks are so wide on them; thats why. No sinking.

My engineering brain has already considered that too, but I'm in the Family Campsite this year so looking at the maps I think it'll mainly be roads that I'll need to deal with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

they hold up surprisingly well, bungee cords essential to hold in place all the stuff, infairness its mostly trackway or solid path at ep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

they hold up surprisingly well, bungee cords essential to hold in place all the stuff, infairness its mostly trackway or solid path at ep

but the car park trek can be long and muddy/un-even.

but the car park trek can be long and muddy/un-even.

clear paths are always present from vehicles, never seen issues with them at all in all the years there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Took something similar last year and there was no chance with it. The grass was too long and trying to negotiate bumps and mud was a nightmare.

Wheelbarrow FTW

• Advertisement

tmc86 wrote: »
    Took something similar last year and there was no chance with it. The grass was too long and trying to negotiate bumps and mud was a nightmare.

Wheelbarrow FTW

Wheelbarrow won't fit in the car

Wheelbarrow won't fit in the car

folding canvas ones will

and before the comments

i know for a fact they can take at least 7 crates

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

So, looking at the day breakdowns, cant see who will be the late night main stage other than Bjork but every year we get a dance act to warm up for rave in the woods. So anyone reckon they are holding a big name back to tip the event into sell out or shall we just head for Le Galaxie at the B&S arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Those Ikea things are like 8 quid so not too muh of a big deal and they fold up nice!

Casual Friday doesn't bother me, can chillax the day away and it will be all good.

Here we gooooo

ZZ56SxF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

miller82 wrote: »
    Never mind that muck............Dublin V Kerry is on at 3.30 :p

Completely forgot about this!

As a Liverpool fan I don't mind missing the Liverpool v Man Utd match, there will be plenty more games to see over the season but as a Kerryman I can't miss Kerry V Dublin!

I'll have to make do with the radio, sitting in the sunshine, having a few beers with the mates...actually it might not be too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yupyupyup

i presume they'll be showing the gaa match somewhere at the event?
    Also what's ep like to drive to? never there before, bought 3 sunday tickets this year. Really looking forward to it. Arctic Monkeys ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yupyupyup

Mr.S wrote: »
    GAA heads at EP!? :D

Its fine to drive, traffic can be bit bothersome at peak times and leaving on the Monday morning but nothing too bad.

maybe i should swap my ep tickets for croke park tickets lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just wondering if there is a FAQ up on the EP website as yet, this shorter Friday thing is quite similar to what the B&S festival done this year. What do people think, will they keep the alcohol allowances for last year at 48 cans per person or will they change it to 24 per person too, hopefully they won't change the unwritten rule of bringing cans in after the bar shuts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vanderburns

Dunno if somebody has asked this already so sorry if they did :) Do you have to get certain tickets or pay extra for parking? Normally I wouldn't have the car but I'm working Friday and goin straight up from work so I'm not used to driving to festivals :( Any help is appreciated :)

There will be no screens at E.P there never has been over the years... Back to the old fashioned radio if ya want some updates!

It's grand to drive to and was so easy last year with no rainski

Funny story last year when I drove to the event, followed all the signs, into the car park and the dude who was bunching the cars and directing me into my parking spot was looking at me and the car funny... Turns out it was his very same car he sold 2 years ago before he went to Aus and there I was driving it into the parking spot he was directing me into!

If you get there nice and early and get a close parking spot it's not half as bad if you have 2 trips to make

• Advertisement

How much are the cans inside the campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think it was something ridiculous like €60 for a slab of 24 Heineken

Edit: Yep, that's right going by their old facebook posts

60 quid!!

I'll have to bring in a slab myself so to do me for the weekend.

It was a bit $$ for the cans but still a good bit cheaper than the bars... grand if ya only want a few cans really

I like a few cans but I usually try and stick to the spirits or wine since it's easier to sneak around and there's less trips to the lovely toilets

Tyskie is a decent beer that doesn't taste too nasty when it's warm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Im getting 8 flaggins of devils bit equivalent of 32 cans of cider, 40 quid, 6 percent so you know it's rocket fuel, and nobody will steal it on you because it's fùcking horrible so yeah.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Im getting 8 flaggins of devils bit equivalent of 32 cans of cider, 40 quid, 6 percent so you know it's rocket fuel, and nobody will steal it on you because it's fùcking horrible so yeah.

Even reading that made me wince :(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

Any good deals on beer?
    That work out at about a euro a can?
    Not interested in the 8 for 12 offers atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was there in 2009 and I remember there being a town just outside that had a shop where you could buy booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 c0nor

Does anyone know if Arctic Monkeys are going to clash with Franz Ferdinand? My decision on getting a Sunday ticket depends on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'm thinking about getting one of these for carrying all the stuff to the campsite. Not expensive and it folds flat so it won't take up much room in the car.

frakta-trolley__0093265_PE232014_S4.JPG

Wheels are far too small!!, had a "granny trolley" one year, it was ok but had small wheels ended up dragging/ploughing through the mud/stones/long grass it was nearly more work.

Had this bad boy last year and will again this year. Got in woodies. €35 quid but well worth it, big wheels. But you need a big boot or have free rear seat in the car.

Could very comfortably take x2 ppls stuff, large tent, slab of beer and 4ltrs of water breeze just like a regular walk. Cuts down on double trips fri and mon!

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Mobile/Product/Sack-Truck-H200F3/13810/4.2.11

Advertisement