Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

c0nor wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Arctic Monkeys are going to clash with Franz Ferdinand? My decision on getting a Sunday ticket depends on it.

I was picturing The Knife headlining in the Electric Arena until midnight and AM being on the Main Stage until 11:30/45 and Franz Ferdinand and DB&SV being the sub-headliners for whatever stage.

Obviously it's all conjecture and guesses from here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

unkymo wrote: »
    How much are the cans inside the campsite?

2.50 for a can of Heineken which was great value considering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

-=al=- wrote: »
    It was a bit $$ for the cans but still a good bit cheaper than the bars... grand if ya only want a few cans really

I like a few cans but I usually try and stick to the spirits or wine since it's easier to sneak around and there's less trips to the lovely toilets

Tyskie is a decent beer that doesn't taste too nasty when it's warm

Was thinking of getting that, I usually bring fosters but I fancy a change

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Mr.S wrote: »
    Molloy's have some 1euro a can deals. Same with some EuroSpars

Tesco have 99c cans of Stella 4% was in there yesterday, had it at glastonbury was ok tbh. and O Briens here in Dublin have €1 can of some polish beer, had one last night, nice enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

Tesco often do 15 bottles of Stella (the 300ml ones) for €9.99 which is decent if you don't like cans!

There's some beer in Aldi with a P and ends in Ki thats less then a euro a can and isn't toooo bad.

A thought u werent aloud to bring in bottles/glass ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

There's some beer in Aldi with a P and ends in Ki thats less then a euro a can and isn't toooo bad.

Can't remember the name of it either, but it's 8 cans for €7. Not too shabby at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,628 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

whos worth seeing on the Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Back to the lineup, is there going to be a little big tent because if there is surely there are more electronic acts & DJs to be announced?

Also as its the '10th' birthday/anniversary (whatever) I wonder if they would have any special guests, for e.g that Saturday night mainstage slot is wide open, last 4 years it's been orbital, Leftfield & chems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Viserion

Anyone still waiting on their tickets? I bought mine through the discounted instalment plan and still no sign. I was in contact with Ticketmaster around mid-July, I was told they were being sent in batches and I should have mine around the end of July...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Viserion wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting on their tickets? I bought mine through the discounted instalment plan and still no sign. I was in contact with Ticketmaster around mid-July, I was told they were being sent in batches and I should have mine around the end of July...

I'm waiting on my tickets for the installment plan too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I wonder if they would have any special guests, for e.g that Saturday night mainstage slot is wide open, last 4 years it's been orbital, Leftfield & chems

Quit torturing yourself Blackie, ain't gonna happen...

Viserion wrote: »

Still waiting on mine, I got the €150 installment tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Nialler9 has published the day by day breakdown and sorry to say, the Friday does not look good , only a handful of acts,......dunno if I'm allowed to link to it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's already been posted a few times

Nialler9 has published the day by day breakdown and sorry to say, the Friday does not look good , only a handful of acts,......dunno if I'm allowed to link to it here?

Submit a thousand word essay on why you should be allowed link up the breakdown, then we will have a vote to decide if you should be allowed link it.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Woops sorry, havnt been online in a few days and jumped straight in at last post instead of last unread ! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ah here just post it ffs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Trenchtown Irieland
    Some big news coming tomorrow in the form of International Artists & further 'Homegrown' line up additions ready to set this years stage on 'FYAH'.
    With little over two weeks to go, things are warming up in Stradbally ‪#‎EP2013‬ Electric Picnic.
    Watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Trenchtown Irieland

Mostly reggae yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Drum and Bass as well. I recommend DJ Kali, I caught her at Body and Soul, she was unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Viserion

Cheers for the replies, panic over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

threein99 wrote: »
    I deliberately leave the drink in the car until our tent is up and sorted, it would never be put up otherwise

yes, but the cold beer straight after your tent is up is the best beer of the weekend... at least bring one with you!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mgkelly

In all seriousness, they probably won't show the match, but there's pubs not to far away.
    As discussed earlier, on All Ireland Hurling Final day on a previous year, they did not show any match. Seems to be a principle that don't show sports.
    :(

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

mgkelly wrote: »
    As discussed earlier, on All Ireland Hurling Final day on a previous year, they did not show any match. Seems to be a principle that don't show sports.
    :(

Martin

have been in a stradbally pub on the sunday for a football semi replay and a hurling final-both great craic! a pub in laois full of opposing fans doing EP-well worth doing if there's no must sees on in the afternoon....

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Just seen Nialler9 and the announcement that Friday will be scaled back. Shouldn't this information be common knowledge from the outset in order for people to make there mind up on where they spend there cash. Every year there is usually a little big dance tent announcement in august and some final acts thrown the mix but not only does this not happen but they now decide to cut the Friday back to 6 acts. Its a disgrace. They also usually have a dance act following another headliner on the Sat mainstage but nothing. Justice/underworld/plasttikman/even groove armada/prodigy/downstairs toilets or something could have filled in. What a bunch of cowboys running the event nowadays. I've been every year since 06 and really feel they have pulled the wool over the loyal fans eyes. Anyone want a ticket for cost price can PM me. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'm not buying into the excuse that they needed to scale back on Friday because of making a loss last year, as far as I can tell they have scaled back with the quality of the lineup anyway, just compare it to the previous 3 years and there are less of the 'high profile' acts which would represent a major saving for them, I know they need to cut costs but no cosby, crawdaddy, little big tent on the friday, really? And whats the point of just opening the electric arena for Chris Cox / Moroder? Some of the best acts i've seen in recent years have been on the Friday night and in those tents, why not open the arena's a little later on Saturday & Sunday and spread the acts over the 3 nights? I've been in the lectric arena at 1PM on a sat or sun and sometimes its close to empty, same goes for other arena's, must admit i'm very dissapointed with this, although I am still holding out for a LBT announcement, it that is oopen on Friday it will soften the blow

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

roll wrote: »
    have been in a stradbally pub on the sunday for a football semi replay and a hurling final-both great craic! a pub in laois full of opposing fans doing EP-well worth doing if there's no must sees on in the afternoon....

With the lack of Friday acts it means that there be loads of good ones on the Sunday, so probably not worth dossing out to imo. Thought they could have had some sort of area. I know at Oxegen they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Cuts or no cuts I can't wait for electric picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Just seen Nialler9 and the announcement that Friday will be scaled back. Shouldn't this information be common knowledge from the outset in order for people to make there mind up on where they spend there cash. Every year there is usually a little big dance tent announcement in august and some final acts thrown the mix but not only does this not happen but they now decide to cut the Friday back to 6 acts. Its a disgrace. They also usually have a dance act following another headliner on the Sat mainstage but nothing. Justice/underworld/plasttikman/even groove armada/prodigy/downstairs toilets or something could have filled in. What a bunch of cowboys running the event nowadays. I've been every year since 06 and really feel they have pulled the wool over the loyal fans eyes. Anyone want a ticket for cost price can PM me. I'm out.
    Ah now, in fairness, I have always anticipated that the festival was not going to be quite as big an event as last year. To me, the changes are not so catastrophic. I've been following this thread now for a few months, and people have always been psyching themselves up, expecting some big anouncements. The promoters don't seem to have promised anything that hasn't been delivered. Human nature dictates that people over-hype.
    Personally, I will still be delighted with the festival. All I personally need are a few good acts, and there are more than enough to please me.
    I think I have simple needs, however! Even just looking forward to the 'luxury' of my own tent at Pink Moon & a sleep in!
    Really looking forward, now, to it all!

Martin :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I have vague memories of buying Bulmers and Beer from a different place that wasn't the Campiste Offie that you could pre-buy online for stupid prices and it was cheaper. Hope its still there!
    The super valu in stradbally does something like that. You order / buy it in the shop and pick it up on site (and chilled). They possibly had an on-site shop but i hadn't heard about that.
    threein99 wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting that, I usually bring fosters but I fancy a change
    I love Tyskie, but didn't know they sold cans of it. Where sells cans of Tyskie?
    With the lack of Friday acts it means that there be loads of good ones on the Sunday, so probably not worth dossing out to imo. Thought they could have had some sort of area. I know at Oxegen they did.
    It's not gonna happen. There will be no sport shown on site.

Advertisement