Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Is that the Perlenbacher your on about?

Its not the may west cold so wouldnt go near it warm!!!

I might be adventurous and get a tray of cider & beer. Maybe some Druids & Coors/Tuborg, they arent bad warm

Get yourself some proper ale (not Smithwick's) if possible, they're not actually meant to be served cold.

Ok maybe we are talking about two different festivals, this EP we are on about?

Haha, I believe there has been some wires crossed. I was referring to both EP and Sziget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Anyway, if you wish to continue this debate send me PM, as I'm sure other posters are not particularly concerned with your penchant for allowing your opinions get in the way of facts.

I directly worked in building the mobile broadband infrastructure in Ireland and by citing the number of mast as some sort of proof of something I can tell you haven't.

What is relevant when comparing Budapest to Stradbally is that overall capacity and backhaul to the Internet. The bandwidth to Budapest will allow for changes in population as severe as the Sziget festival. What Stradbally will have will not.

You can nitpick about the way I phrased it or what not but that's the actual truth about the way this technology works. I've to leave this vague for obvious reasons regardless of it being in PM or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Get yourself some proper ale (not Smithwick's) if possible, they're not actually meant to be served cold.

Good idea to chill almost freeze the beer the night before. Take it out fri morning Wrap it hypothermic foil keep in the boot of the car.
    http://bit.ly/15UnYjp

Last year I had my cooler box + 1 borrowed from the folks, loaded them up with ice x5 bags each. One remained closed the whole time, didn't even open to check it as it would let warm air in. (Allot had melted by sun but still enough to ice to keep me going)
    Each day I took a lidl freezer bag full of ice into the camp site, put 5-6 tins into the freezer bag they chilled in no time!! Nice cool beers all week end.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Good idea to chill almost freeze the beer the night before. Take it out fri morning Wrap it hypothermic foil keep in the boot of the car.
    http://bit.ly/15UnYjp

Last year I had my cooler box + 1 borrowed from the folks, loaded them up with ice x5 bags each. One remained closed the whole time, didn't even open to check it as it would let warm air in. (Allot had melted by sun but still enough to ice to keep me going)
    Each day I took a lidl freezer bag full of ice into the camp site, put 5-6 tins into the freezer bag they chilled in no time!! Nice cool beers all week end.

Great shout actually! Your link isn't working though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Great shout actually! Your link isn't working though.

Try this one http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ie/viewitem?itemId=330605750629

Fatfrog wrote: »

Nice one, will be picking one these up.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

.....or you could just buy a few bags of ice down there, sounds a lot less hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Have people who ordered using the discount codes got their tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Have people who ordered using the discount codes got their tickets yet?

Discount codes??? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Dealz have festival essentials at the moment, and have the foil blankets for half nothing!

http://www.dealz.ie/summer/camping-and-festivals

mcw92 wrote: »
    Discount codes??? :eek:
    Yeah, for loyalty

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Got my 150 tics the other day. I paid them off early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nice to see Mungo's Hi Fi added to the Trenchtown line up https://www.facebook.com/events/531077296941040/?notif_t=plan_edited

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Mr.S wrote: »
    If you log into your TM account it will tell you if the tickets have been dispatched or not.

Don't worry if the tickets never arrive (happens some times!) TM will just cancel them and you will pick them up at the festival :)

My account says my order is being processed, does this mean they've not been dispatched?

Are you still paying installments? Mine just says "order has not yet been dispatched"

No, I payed up front with a code in July

Just confirmed by EP on their Facebook that the 4 cans rule after the bars closing will be still there.

Just outta curiosity the site says no alcohol in the main arena, dose this include after the bar stops serving? Last few years you were able to bring a few cans in after the bars hoping that's the case again?

Like · · Tuesday, 13 August 2013 at 21:52 (18 hours ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I understand they're trying to protect Heineken's revenue with the no drink rule (besides after 11) but I wonder does it have a huge impact? Presume the rule has always been in place though so guess there's nothing to compare it with. A good compromise would be to lower drinks price to something like 3/4 euro a pint but don't see that happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Nice to see Mungo's Hi Fi added to the Trenchtown line up https://www.facebook.com/events/531077296941040/?notif_t=plan_edited
    unfortunately not, Soom T (who does vocals on that track on fb) has been added, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Hi Simon, you are allowed bring 4 cans per person in after 11pm

So it is official, wahey!

• Advertisement

unfortunately not, Soom T (who does vocals on that track on fb) has been added, i think.

My bad, sorry, I got it mixed up with the Trenchtown Facebook announcement.

Is the Rave in the Woods happening on the Friday night??

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Is the Rave in the Woods happening on the Friday night??

Tell me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

€5 for a pint aint that bad, for a festival i'm happy to pay that for a cold pint.

Aren't we expecting it to be €6 this year, based on other gigs so far?

6 bloody quid :mad:

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Tell me more.

From just having a quick gander at the EP FB page, there doesn't seem to be any confirmation that it is going ahead on the Friday.

Can't see how they couldn't fund it, you'd imagine that there'd be DJ's that'd give their left nut to play there

Apparently it was Bodytonic who were running the Rave in the woods last year, I think.

Edit: It was Bodytonic who closed the Sunday night last year. http://www.goldenplec.com/electric-picnic-2012-adds-the-forest-stage/

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Neutronix used to run it, I can't remember if they did it last year or not. I don't remember seeing anything online about it last year but it was there!

Always fun trying to find it when you can barley see after a long day of drinking.

Last years rave in the woods was brilliant. Be another kick in the nuts if it wasn't on the same as last year(netronx was poor the few years before it as the set up and music was gash)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Anyone have any pictures of this rave in the woods? I'm dying to have a look at what I'm in for. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anyone have any pictures of this rave in the woods? I'm dying to have a look at what I'm in for. :P
    promo video for it:

and at night:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wasn't it still a 5er at Forbidden Fruit? edit: that could have been bulmers though.

I could be wrong - I was told it was €6 at FF and Longitude

Advertisement