Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

Mr.S wrote: »
    Wasn't it still a 5er at Forbidden Fruit? edit: that could have been bulmers though.

It was a 5er at Forbidden Fruit and Blur but they're both POD. Festival Republic/MCD ran Longitude which was 6 quid and Heineken was the only option apart from Red Bull and Bacardi Bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'd say it does, if you could bring in drink with all day, everyone would just bring in cans with them!

€5 for a pint aint that bad, for a festival i'm happy to pay that for a cold pint. But then again i rarley buy pints inside the grounds, only if i'm sitting around waiting and not bothered going back to camp!

Yeah I guess they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they let people in with drink! Was at a festival recently and not sure was it the brand of beer itself or if they'd poured it out beforehand and it had gone flat but it tasted very watery towards the end but that's another story. I guess a fiver ain't too bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

personally I think the pints will be €6 this year, I have no basis for this other than gut instinct.

Also, is it just me or did anyone else think the stage setup for the Rave in the Woods last year was...well annoying? I mean those big water containers illuminated...it looked like the inside of an Argos warehouse.

Also, as you can see from the video, the over-use of the strobe directly into the eyes of the crowd was nauseating...maybe I'm showing my age here but over-using a strobe just becomes annoying and they would be better positioning it upwards into the high reaching trees, that would be cool.

that is all..

However I cannot feckin wait :D

EP is a lot bigger though so they can afford to keep the prices lower then the small festivals, hopefully it remains at 5!

(also isn't POD part of EP, i've lost track at this stage)

Hopefully they'll have more options, not sure what Festival Republic/MCD had at the Phoenix Park gigs this year but I think it was 6 quid a pop as well.

Don't think POD are involved in running the event this year, think that's what the court case is about. Forbidden Fruit and Blur both had Bulmers, Tennents and Becks, not sure if they had a stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

.....or you could just buy a few bags of ice down there, sounds a lot less hassle

Bit of hassle alright, can you remember the cost in the camp sites? think it was a ridiculous cost €2-4 for a small bag of ice? Vs 89c for a large 5kg bag in lidl. Also the camp site shop will be out of ice by Sat guaranteed!! Particarly if the weather is anywhere decent.

PS the first rule of the Rave in the woods is..... Most ppl dont know where the fook it is and spend half the night walking around a forest 1/2 tanked looking for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

personally I think the pints will be €6 this year, I have no basis for this other than gut instinct.

Also, is it just me or did anyone else think the stage setup for the Rave in the Woods last year was...well annoying? I mean those big water containers illuminated...it looked like the inside of an Argos warehouse.

Also, as you can see from the video, the over-use of the strobe directly into the eyes of the crowd was nauseating...maybe I'm showing my age here but over-using a strobe just becomes annoying and they would be better positioning it upwards into the high reaching trees, that would be cool.

that is all..

However I cannot feckin wait :D

They used those big water containers at Longitude too.
    €6 is a píss take. I only had a couple a Longitude because of it. I know it's only an extra quid, but there's no need to charge so much for a plastic container of písswater that's barely 500ml.
    If that's what they're charging, there'll be a lot of people trying to sneak their own booze in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nechtan wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll have more options, not sure what Festival Republic/MCD had at the Phoenix Park gigs this year but I think it was 6 quid a pop as well.

Don't think POD are involved in running the event this year, think that's what the court case is about. Forbidden Fruit and Blur both had Bulmers, Tennents and Becks, not sure if they had a stout.

The small bar in B&S usually has a few different options anyway, remember it having Tiger and something else that was quite unusual on draught last year

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

Up the long pathway past the shop in that big campsite then...right and into the forrest and follow the lights! I think.

Correct, it was ran by 3 different groups last year. Bodytonic got the sunday night but that only became news with around 2 weeks to go to the festival, I'm pretty sure they didnt even know themselves till then. My cousin got to play on it. Well he played 3 times over the weekend, live on the body & soul stage, dj on the trailer park and then the bodytonic rave in the woods sunday night about 1.

So i've been asking about this year and so far he's confirmed for a 2 o clock slot on friday night but still doesnt know what stage, Does anyone know if trailer park is back cause it could be that if so

I've a feeling the rave in the woods will still go ahead like some have said already, it doesnt cost much to run

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

€6 is a píss take. I only had a couple a Longitude because of it. I know it's only an extra quid, but there's no need to charge so much for a plastic container of písswater that's barely 500ml.

They were actually pint plastic cups at Longitude (568ml). If 500ml cups are €5 then pint ones would be €5.68 if they kept the same pricing - even at that it's taking the piss though and if they do have pints it'll definitely be €6!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Fatfrog wrote: »

PS the first rule of the Rave in the woods is..... Most ppl dont know where the fook it is and spend half the night walking around a forest 1/2 tanked looking for it!

This is exactly what happened to me and my mates. Arrived just as it finished. Still a good buzz about though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i didnt think people really bought pints unless they were the 'daytrippers'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I was at the Rave on Sunday last year, have no clue how I got there, I just followed a stream of people, shouting "FINTAN! JESUS FINTAN!".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'm so excited now. Almost have the money raised for the cycle, gonna aim to race down for 4pm at the latest and spend an hour or two setting up shop and chilling out. I know some people are complaining about a bit of a scale back, but I still think I made the right choice in losing my festival virginity to EP, but we'll see. :P

Very true, could count on one hand the number of pints I'd usually buy at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

some pain in the ass at longitude paying 12 quid for 2 pints that turned warm in minutes, the extra quid put me off buying as much as i usually would. that and the ques

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

denisstack wrote: »
    They were actually pint plastic cups at Longitude (568ml). If 500ml cups are €5 then pint ones would be €5.68 if they kept the same pricing - even at that it's taking the piss though and if they do have pints it'll definitely be €6!
    That's fair enough, but yea €6 is a bit much.

Ah i always have a few. It depends on how strict the searches are (how many cans i get in).

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

I just asked them on FB for a simple yes or no on the rave in the woods friday...no doubt i'll be ignored ;)

EP are saying on fb that ''As we have previously confirmed acts already announced in the lineup will be playing the Little Big Tent''. Is it safe to assume there won't be any additional acts for it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    I just asked them on FB for a simple yes or no on the rave in the woods friday...no doubt i'll be ignored ;)

I've asked too , nothing back. I'm honestly getting worried that it (rave in the woods) won't go ahead. With EP confirming that Friday will be scaled back and the dance tent not open , surely a response to that is 'yes, but bicardi bar is still open as is the rave in the woods' ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Eod100 wrote: »
    EP are saying on fb that ''As we have previously confirmed acts already announced in the lineup will be playing the Little Big Tent''. Is it safe to assume there won't be any additional acts for it so?
    by that i assume they mean "yes, the LBT will be there as some of the acts already announced will be playing in it, PLEASE STOP ASKING US THIS QUESTION OVER AND OVER".
    guy on the EP forum who works for the festival who said that there's still names to be announced for LT said this this morning:
    it was supposed to be early next week but as ever with EP announcements that'll probably change

so yes, it seems there's still names to be announced. as i posted a few pages back, there's pretty much nothing on the Sunday dance music-wise, so they'd need to announce a few names anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I've asked too , nothing back. I'm honestly getting worried that it (rave in the woods) won't go ahead. With EP confirming that Friday will be scaled back and the dance tent not open , surely a response to that is 'yes, but bicardi bar is still open as is the rave in the woods' ...
    we had months of people being worried that B&S wouldn't be there because EP didn't confirm it on facebook to every single post asking about it.
    i wouldn't be too worried until 3 days before the festival if we haven't heard anything about the Woods...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Ah it has to be there, I'm all hyped up for it now! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

If my recollection services me right I believe they were tight lipped about" Rave in the woods" last year. It was put together by the Algorhythm folks last year for the first time. Any word the the weather?? be nice to have that July Heatwave back over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Will we be able to get glass bottles into the camping area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Boo day trippers!! Think they're so great arriving in on Sunday all fresh looking!!! While the rest of us are moldy & knackered!! Most of them in a hoop by the end of the night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

MadYaker wrote: »

Being able to and not allowed to are two separate things :D I'm sure you could sly in some wine or buckfast etc. but 48 bottles of beer might be a tough one to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

MadYaker wrote: »

why would you want to?

there are plenty of offers on cans of beer and cider etc all around the place and for your spirits there are decanting stations at all entrances so there is no reason to bring glass anywhere onsite at all!

foolelle wrote: »
    why would you want to?

there are plenty of offers on cans of beer and cider etc all around the place and for your spirits there are decanting stations at all entrances so there is no reason to bring glass anywhere onsite at all!

Not all beers come in cans though! Esp any of those craft ones..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

These guys are playing the Salty Dog Stage

Hot Press
    The next three months promise to be a whirlwind for the band. They play the Salty Dog stage, on Sunday evening, at Electric Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not all beers come in cans though! Esp any of those craft ones..

fair point but...:p

i dont generally enter into debate on boards but i think a simple request like no glass is very doable.
    we all know how easy it is to break a glass bottle and no matter how hard ya try you will never pick it all up, esp in grass.
    not that I do, but lots of people go around festivals in bare feet, not to mention the clean up costs after the festival to restore the camping site back to farm land.
    we are all disappointed in the cost cutting measures taking place regarding the friday, maybe we should all do our bit too to try and keep the cost of things that we dont directly benefit from down.

just my 2 cents..

Advertisement