Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

foolelle wrote: »
    fair point but...:p

i dont generally enter into debate on boards but i think a simple request like no glass is very doable.
    we all know how easy it is to break a glass bottle and no matter how hard ya try you will never pick it all up, esp in grass.
    not that I do, but lots of people go around festivals in bare feet, not to mention the clean up costs after the festival to restore the camping site back to farm land.
    we are all disappointed in the cost cutting measures taking place regarding the friday, maybe we should all do our bit too to try and keep the cost of things that we dont directly benefit from down.

just my 2 cents..

Don't get me wrong, I've no beef with the no glass policy. Took it that the op asking wasn't familiar with the policy and I was just pointing out reasons why someone would want to bring in glass. Tis all good! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

foolelle wrote: »
    why would you want to?

there are plenty of offers on cans of beer and cider etc all around the place and for your spirits there are decanting stations at all entrances so there is no reason to bring glass anywhere onsite at all!

3 or 4 bottles of buckfast. Preferably 4. I might be able to wrap them up with my sleeping back and tent.

Edit: and I'm not some hooligan who goes smashing them over peoples heads. If there are bins I'll gladly use them and I'll be bringing my own black bags too.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

MadYaker wrote: »
    3 or 4 bottles of buckfast. Preferably 4. I might be able to wrap them up with my sleeping back and tent.

Edit: and I'm not some hooligan who goes smashing them over peoples heads. If there are bins I'll gladly use them and I'll be bringing my own black bags too.

I wasn't suggesting that at you would at all, but it takes 2mins to decant into plastic bottles buckie doesnt have any gas in it so putting it into a plastic bottle doesnt harm it., believe me i bring it to all festivals its rite stuff!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I was at the Rave on Sunday last year, have no clue how I got there, I just followed a stream of people, shouting "FINTAN! JESUS FINTAN!".
    Bit Python-esque, that one! 'He's not Jesus, he's a very naughty boy....etc etc'!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

2 bottles of buckfast fits nicely (with loads to spare) into a 2L plastic bottle much easier way to carry it than the 2 glass bottles. Knowing me I'd break one of them during the car park-campsite transit and end up with all my clothes smelling like buckfast.

I also bring a 2L bottle of red wine same method!

• Advertisement

mgkelly wrote: »
    Bit Python-esque, that one! 'He's not Jesus, he's a very naughty boy....etc etc'!
    ;)

My brother overheard a guy going around the place waving a branch shouting ''SPECIAL BRANCH'', always some characters at EP in fairness! :P

pjf2013 wrote: »
    Correct, it was ran by 3 different groups last year. Bodytonic got the sunday night but that only became news with around 2 weeks to go to the festival, I'm pretty sure they didnt even know themselves till then. My cousin got to play on it. Well he played 3 times over the weekend, live on the body & soul stage, dj on the trailer park and then the bodytonic rave in the woods sunday night about 1.

So i've been asking about this year and so far he's confirmed for a 2 o clock slot on friday night but still doesnt know what stage, Does anyone know if trailer park is back cause it could be that if so

I've a feeling the rave in the woods will still go ahead like some have said already, it doesnt cost much to run

Who were involved last year other than Bodytonic?

Am I correct in saying that before trench town there used be '2 raves in the woods??'. The big one (now trench town) which played more normal housey fun stuff, and the smaller one which seemed to play the more heavyweight psy trance stuff which I wasn't able for... Think neutronix had an involvement in that. If they are playing one of the nights I'll be going somewhere else!

I remember my first rave in the woods (2006 maybe), Tir Na gCasta were in charge on the sunday night that year played some great older ravey stuff still the best rave in the woods ive been at. I'd love to hear some of that stuff again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Am I correct in saying that before trench town there used be '2 raves in the woods??'. The big one (now trench town) which played more normal housey fun stuff, and the smaller one which seemed to play the more heavyweight psy trance stuff which I wasn't able for... Think neutronix had an involvement in that. If they are playing one of the nights I'll be going somewhere else!

I remember my first rave in the woods (2006 maybe), Tir Na gCasta were in charge on the sunday night that year played some great older ravey stuff still the best rave in the woods ive been at. I'd love to hear some of that stuff again!

Aghhhhh the buzz of it!! Making your way through a forest where the trees are lit up, to an outdoor rave! It almost feels risky or illegal the kinda of buzz you might get as a teenager sneaking out to a club!! My problem is I'm usually a bit worse for wear at that stage and don't remember too much.

But this vid captures exactly how I remember it http://youtu.be/qHbqilr3z0U

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Aghhhhh the buzz of it!! Making your way through a forest where the trees are lit up, to an outdoor rave! It almost feels risky or illegal the kinda of buzz you might get as a teenager sneaking out to a club!! My problem is I'm usually a bit worse for wear at that stage and remember too much.

But this vid captures exactly how I remember it http://youtu.be/qHbqilr3z0U

Yeah theres nothing like happening upon it for the first time!!

2007 was actually my first picnic not 2006 as I claimed a few posts back.
    I remember the last song Tir Na gCasta played onn the sunday night back in 2007 was "Under the Influence" by The Chemical Brothers, quite an apt song for the end of 3 days of EP:D:D

Then it pissed rain for a few hours drove us all into our tents!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

"10 2 1" ran the Friday night last year, and "T3" rang the Saturday:
    forestalgo.jpg

in 2011 Subject (i think?) ran the Friday night so it was pretty much all techno, and Neutronyx possibly ran the other 2 nights, which were psy-trance?

as far as i can remember, the Neutronyx stage was the main "rave in the woods", and Trenchtown was a smaller thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

May be very behind on the news, but the Electric Picnic website was updated with an announcement for all of those acts they sneakily added in a few days back there (Ryan Sheridan, Enemies, Halves, Hudson Taylor, John Murry etc)

http://electricpicnic.ie/guaranteedirishpicnictreats

I'm wagering that that's all she wrote in terms of Stage and Tent acts (inc Salty Dog tbh), bar the Little Big Tent and Rave.

MattD wrote: »
    May be very behind on the news, but the Electric Picnic website was updated with an announcement for all of those acts they sneakily added in a few days back there (Ryan Sheridan, Enemies, Halves, Hudson Taylor, John Murry etc)

http://electricpicnic.ie/guaranteedirishpicnictreats

I'm wagering that that's all she wrote in terms of Stage and Tent acts (inc Salty Dog tbh), bar the Little Big Tent and Rave.

Never knew John Murry was added - he's fecking class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG257z7Ntm0

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Has anyone received their tickets yet. I booked Dublin Bus & received that ticket earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 martandr

Is it recommended to order bus tickets from Dublin now, or does it work to meetup at the bus station without tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Eod100 wrote: »
    My brother overheard a guy going around the place waving a branch shouting ''SPECIAL BRANCH'', always some characters at EP in fairness! :P

I saw him:P About 11am on the Monday morning, when all the normal people were packing up to go home 'special branch man' was hiding in a big bin near the salty dog stage, and when people walked past he was jumping out, branch in hand screaming 'special branch' in peoples face's. Hilarious to watch.

Can't wait for this years festival characters!!

I saw him:P About 11am on the Monday morning, when all the normal people were packing up to go home 'special branch man' was hiding in a big bin near the salty dog stage, and when people walked past he was jumping out, branch in hand screaming 'special branch' in peoples face's. Hilarious to watch.

Can't wait for this years festival characters!!

hahaha brilliant, that makes it so much better, what a nutter/legend! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The world is going to stand still for this song on the Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

How long does the rave in the woods go on until?

Also, how strict are they on drugs, I see there were just over 100 arrests last year, mainly ecstasy and weed, and for small amounts for personal use rather than dealers. Was this normal or a reaction to the Swedish House Mafia stuff last year?

4am.

it's normal, every year the courthouse in Portlaoise is packed for 2 days a few months after, with people caught with drugs at EP.
    last year there were sniffer dogs which were the first year i've seen them, might have just been after SHM, but could well be there this year again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Shout Dust wrote: »
    How long does the rave in the woods go on until?

Also, how strict are they on drugs, I see there were just over 100 arrests last year, mainly ecstasy and weed, and for small amounts for personal use rather than dealers. Was this normal or a reaction to the Swedish House Mafia stuff last year?

I think it's about 4/5am, it's usually nearly bright anyway!

That'd be a normal reaction, they've always had quite a presence there and a few plain clothes bobbies strolling round the campsites to catch people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

4am.

it's normal, every year the courthouse in Portlaoise is packed for 2 days a few months after, with people caught with drugs at EP.
    last year there were sniffer dogs which were the first year i've seen them, might have just been after SHM, but could well be there this year again...

where did you see the sniffer dogs? I've yet to see a (sniffer) dog at EP but maybe I haven't been looking for one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Thats a bit mad, never seen sniffer dogs at any Irish events before. Would have thought that would have lead to a lot more detections, although maybe they're there for show to see who acts shifty around one?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

where did you see the sniffer dogs? I've yet to see a (sniffer) dog at EP but maybe I haven't been looking for one ;)

I also saw them last year for the first time, at the entrance from the car park to the campsite.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Salty Dog Lineup:

CATHY DAVEY

PETE PAMF SEXTETTE

RONAN O SNODAIGH & FRIENDS

OLLIE COLE

Now I'm a bit happier after the disappointment of the Friday cutbacks announcement the other day!

denisstack wrote: »
    I also saw them last year for the first time, at the entrance from the car park to the campsite.
    yep, same place. it was when we arrived on the Friday afternoon.

friends said there some at the entrance when they were going into Longitude too, weren't any when I went in though, that I could see anyway..

Bit of a random place to put them, would have thought the entrance to the campsite/wristband exchange or even the arena would have been better!

I think you might have picked it up wrong - they were at the entrance to the campsite, near the wristband exchange and where they sometimes search your bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

I saw them last year, just after where you get your bands and they search your bags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Funny you should say that about the dog, just happened upon this photo online the other day, if you look closely you can see a sniffer puppy going over bags.
    Proper order though, my personal opinion is people can put what ever they want in their own bodies its completely their choice, but the festival could get a bad reputation if there's allot happening!
    Although I wouldn't appreciate airport style security!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭endainoz

Some of the those lads look like they are about to run a mile:D

Wouldn't blame them! I have heard of ways of avoiding sniffer dogs which involves multiple plastic bags and a can of lynx!
    Better not say anymore..

• Advertisement

Couple of acts added to Trailer Park - Lisa Hannigan and Lost Brothers etc

http://electricpicnic.ie/trailerparkreturnstoelectricpicnic

Advertisement