Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Where's this info coming from? :confused::confused:

Imagination land, where anything is possible!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I actually didn't know that. But just to clarify; he didn't get his way, left, and now criticises them?! He sounds like the anti-Oasis_Dublin. He's obviously humble to the core!!

As I said, I can see his point about Kasabian. On the Longitude thing, we can agree to disagree.

Any examples of Carroll's criticism of Phantom? I can only find examples by other IT journalists, like thisl

Follow him on twitter and you'll see it.

He left as he was too busy as far as i remember and i'd believe him, he does seem to do a **** load of stuff as well as be a full time journalist.

He's contually called for a larger playlist and pointed out when other stations are playing up and coming tracks/artists before phantom.

I'm not by any means afan of him or how he does things but in relation to phantom i would agree.

Also the next person that says Bowie is playing EP is getting a ban. He's not. <- This is not a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

shed head wrote: »
    Bowie is the Sunday night! wouldn't bet against DM either, also Aphex Twin is more or less confirmed.

Ceephax acid crew is playing that castle festival in offaly is it?

Where did you get confirmation about Aphex Twin, have you been talking to the Log?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

i know people, like everyone else but my people know other people that know talented people. ok lordgoat, ban me but when bowies announced you resign as mod and i will take your place. money where mouths is and all that. Fair bet i think - up for it?

Nah unfortunatley Bowies not playing (couldn't resist) - the other 2 are solid though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

i know people, like everyone else but my people know other people that know talented people. ok lordgoat, ban me but when bowies announced you resign as mod and i will take your place. money where mouths is and all that. Fair bet i think - up for it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8OxKx6zKkQ

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭fits

IF Bowie and Depeche Mode were playing.. hell I think I'd just die and go to heaven (on the Monday after obviously :D)

Well if people want to make Aphex Twin a reality for EP 2013 they can join my facebook group of 708 members to get Aphex for EP https://www.facebook.com/groups/306301782765054/ and if anyone has Declan Fordes email address (EP booker for acts) I will try to add him to my Linked In contacts then I can draw his attention to the facebok page if he is not aware of this already.

I was at Forbidden Fruit which was brilliant but finished far too early, but I saw him the year before at RockNess festival 2010 and he really is more a marquee act, under canvas in the dark to get that full light and laser show effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭fits

Aphex was unreal at Forbidden Fruit. One of the best gigs.

Nah unfortunatley Bowies not playing (couldn't resist) - the other 2 are solid though!

Alas I can't ban you just yet, as you edited your post in time.

No more bull**** posts now please - good boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

lordgoat wrote: »
    Follow him on twitter and you'll see it.

He left as he was too busy as far as i remember and i'd believe him, he does seem to do a **** load of stuff as well as be a full time journalist.

He's contually called for a larger playlist and pointed out when other stations are playing up and coming tracks/artists before phantom.

I'm not by any means afan of him or how he does things but in relation to phantom i would agree.

"As far as I remember..." I'm not doubting your sincerity, I'm just looking for a link!

"As far as I remember..." I'm not doubting your sincerity, I'm just looking for a link!

Go back through his twitter feed or the OTR blog if you really want them they're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Elton John & Eminem to headine :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

lordgoat wrote: »
    Go back through his twitter feed or the OTR blog if you really want them they're there.

Why was your comment edited? What did you originally say?

You seem like quite the Jim Carroll, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

srm23 wrote: »
    Elton John & Eminem to headine :confused:
    More chance of Weird Al Yankovic headlining the rave in the woods than those two playing the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Only seeing this now.. http://www.newstalk.ie/Electric-Picnic-may-be-postponed

Not sure if it's anything more than speculation though..

Apparently there's a story in today's Business Post saying something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Eod100 wrote: »
    Only seeing this now.. http://www.newstalk.ie/Electric-Picnic-may-be-postponed

Not sure if it's anything more than speculation though..

Apparently there's a story in today's Business Post saying something similar

No real new news there , being hearing those rumours since november..:(
    You would imagine they will have to release some statement in the next few days to confirm or deny if newstalk are on their case now..

exilec wrote: »
    No real new news there , being hearing those rumours since november..:(
    You would imagine they will have to release some statement in the next few days to confirm or deny if newstalk are on their case now..

True. Guess they must have thought they were onto something if they reported the story but doesn't seem like there's much new really..

Looked at the business post article - same speculation. An industry source is quoted as saying EP's line-up is always announced at Easter which doesn't seem right - pretty sure it was released on March 1 last year. Maybe they're biding their time till Easter to make a decision on whether it'll go ahead or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

here's the SB post article if people don't mind reading a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/I7sE76t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Eod100 wrote: »
    True. Guess they must have thought they were onto something if they reported the story but doesn't seem like there's much new really..

Looked at the business post article - same speculation. An industry source is quoted as saying EP's line-up is always announced at Easter which doesn't seem right - pretty sure it was released on March 1 last year. Maybe they're biding their time till Easter to make a decision on whether it'll go ahead or not..

You are indeed correct, here's the proof https://twitter.com/electricpicnic/status/175188048248709120

• Advertisement

Why was your comment edited? What did you originally say?

You seem like quite the Jim Carroll, I'm afraid.

edited for a typo - not that it's of any concerns to you.

That's hilarious seen as you seem to know very little about him but from all your requests about him seem a little obsessed. How cute.

Now there's nothing else to say on the matter so let's go back to EP.

Any further non-EP posts will be deleted and bannings will follow.

Please let this be on this year, I have went every year bar 2004 and 2006, its become a tradition for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

More chance of Weird Al Yankovic headlining the rave in the woods than those two playing the picnic.

I'd go for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

can count Depeche Mode out of EP anyway:

http://pitchfork.com/news/49862-depeche-mode-announce-north-american-tour/
    08-24 Chicago, IL - Fort Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
    08-27 St. Paul, MN - Minnesota State Fair
    09-01 Toronto, Ontario - Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
    09-03 Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Newstalk reporting that EP may be postponed as the promoters are in debt :(

corm500 wrote: »
    Newstalk reporting that EP may be postponed as the promoters are in debt :(

Yup, it's not looking good unfortunately.

I'm giving them till the end of the month then I'm spending my cash elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Weird that last year Oxegen was called off now it's EP

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Mr.S wrote: »
    Well we knew they where in debt, this rumour of it being "postponed" seems to have just been started on the basis that they lost 2million, no sources or anything...?

Wasn't there some interview with one of the promoters last month that confirmed EP 2013 was taking place and that more details would be released in March? They also said that Early bird tickets where unlikely to happen. It was deff posted on this thread I think. I could have dreamt that though. I'll go lookin'

http://www.newstalk.ie/Electric-Picnic-may-be-postponed

Mr.S wrote: »
    Well we knew they where in debt, this rumour of it being "postponed" seems to have just been started on the basis that they lost 2million, no sources or anything...?

Wasn't there some interview with one of the promoters last month that confirmed EP 2013 was taking place and that more details would be released in March? They also said that Early bird tickets where unlikely to happen. It was deff posted on this thread I think.

Was it this one? From January 28th..

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/01/28/so-what-is-going-on-with-the-electric-picnic/

Could be that those stories are nothing more than speculation but don't think EP are helping things by not refuting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

corm500 wrote: »
    and? as mentioned, they're just repeating what has been known for a while, and there's no sources or anything. it's a nothing piece which doesn't shed any light on anything.

they were in debt last year and it went ahead.
    there have been several acts already booked for this year.
    the organisers have said it will go ahead.

whether it ultimately does go ahead or not seems down to internal business issues between the owners of the festival.

Advertisement