Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I've been dying to see Lisa Hannigan!!! SWOON!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Lisa Hannigan and Cathy Davey confirmed, I'm happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Trailer Park line up http://electricpicnic.ie/trailerparkreturnstoelectricpicnic
    Caravan Stage
    Prison Love
    Crow Black Chicken
    Whistle
    Tae Lane Tension
    Get Rythym

Jerry Fish Electric Side Show Stage
    Lisa Hannigan
    Cathy Davey
    Mick Flannery
    Gavin Glass Band
    The Lost Brothers
    Colm Mac Con Lomaire
    Jerry Fish

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

kevc2 wrote: »
    Lisa Hannigan and Cathy Davey confirmed, I'm happy with that!

Hannigan - davey sambo please! Well, maybe not davey

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Funny you should say that about the dog, just happened upon this photo online the other day, if you look closely you can see a sniffer puppy going over bags.
    Proper order though, my personal opinion is people can put what ever they want in their own bodies its completely their choice, but the festival could get a bad reputation if there's allot happening!
    Although I wouldn't appreciate airport style security!!

Concentration camp.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Anyone know the story with the Bacardi arena will it be open on the Friday or just sat & sun?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Anyone know the story with the Bacardi arena will it be open on the Friday or just sat & sun?

Think its just Sat and Sunday

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Think its just Sat and Sunday

Well thats a load of balls i usually spend most of friday night there oh well cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sunday afternoon slot on the EP main stage, I bet you.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

lisa hannigan, ah wow great late announcement, mucho happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

EP confirmed that bicardi bar was open Friday night. Still nothing back regarding Rave in the woods. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Indeed, Lisa Hannigan is a great addition. Have missed the chance to see her a few times. Look forward to it.

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Trailer park + salty dog line ups. Trampz are quality check them out.

http://2uibestow.blogspot.ie/2013/08/electric-picnic-salty-dog-trailer-park.html?m=1

EP confirmed that bicardi bar was open Friday night. Still nothing back regarding Rave in the woods. ??

Happy days nice one.. ah the rave in the woods will be on they'll probably announce it tomorrow id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Happy days nice one.. ah the rave in the woods will be on they'll probably announce it tomorrow id say.

I like your optimism....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Funny you should say that about the dog, just happened upon this photo online the other day, if you look closely you can see a sniffer puppy going over bags.
    Proper order though, my personal opinion is people can put what ever they want in their own bodies its completely their choice, but the festival could get a bad reputation if there's allot happening!
    Although I wouldn't appreciate airport style security!!

I think its a bit harsh, majority are people at court last year never had a conviction and possessed a small amount for personal use, people ranging in age from 18-60 across all professions. The biggest seizures were weed and ecstasy, which would probably contribute to the laidback atmosphere and reputation EP has

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

They better do....

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Lisa Hannigan, Viking Project and Hot Sprockets are playing? Bring it on...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/posts/10151797501924168?comment_id=27892758&offset=0&total_comments=13
    Electric Picnic
    More info on the rave in the woods to follow next week
    Like · Reply · 2 minutes ago

I like your optimism....

well in the last few days we had Trenchtown,Trailer Park and Saltydog so i reckon another announcement tomorrow with the rave in the woods just my thoughts really but it kinda makes sense....i think

• Advertisement

man there's some amount of whingers on their facebook page over the forest stage unreal

I've been practicing my dance moves all day... Well move...I really can't dance.
    **** is gonna get dirty in B&S.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Shout Dust wrote: »
    Thats a bit mad, never seen sniffer dogs at any Irish events before. Would have thought that would have lead to a lot more detections, although maybe they're there for show to see who acts shifty around one?

Ive seen the public order unit with the German Shepherds most years at he picnic, and at Longitude this year. Never seen the sniffer dogs..
    I reckon they use the festival as a training ground to get the dogs used to crowds etc. They are usually on the road you cross over between the arena + main campsite.

I'd love to see them patrolling around outside of the Oscar Wilde that seems to be where most scumbags gain entry on the sat + sun nights...

I see Crow Black Chicken listed! Saw them on TV on on web - look real cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭leakyboots

man there's some amount of whingers on their facebook page over the forest stage unreal

People like the forest stage?

Actually, the more I look at the full list, the better this gets - RSAG, Jerry Fish, Cath Davey, as well as a few other names that I recognise but never saw e.g. Torann Drums, Matthew E White (think he was on either Other Voices or on a broadcast on BBC of one of the UK festivals - very interesting guy), Funeral Suits, Little Bear.
    Now officially excited!

mgkelly wrote: »
    Actually, the more I look at the full list, the better this gets - RSAG, Jerry Fish, Cath Davey, as well as a few other names that I recognise but never saw e.g. Torann Drums, Matthew E White (think he was on either Other Voices or on a broadcast on BBC of one of the UK festivals - very interesting guy), Funeral Suits, Little Bear.
    Now officially excited!

Mad excited for Funeral Suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

a few nice additions today taking the edge off the Friday cut backs, seen Mikey and The Scallywags at festival of fires last year and really enjoyed them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEwUh7hv3vI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

leakyboots wrote: »
    People like the forest stage?

The lads on facebook have a right to be annoyed.
    Electronic/ Dance music fans have not been treated well this year with the line up.That and no Arcadia despite them being ready and able to come. Given the way things were going they were right to fear there wouldnt be a forest stage. They confirmed it will be there anyway.
    To excuse them some bit, electric zoo is in NY the same weekend. But all it would have taken is poaching 3-4 mid sized names from that lineup.

The electronic acts have been huge part off what the picnic is all about and it would not have been the success it was in the earlier years if there wasn't that much a focus on it. A huge part of the appeal of the picnic in say 2005 2006 was the opportunity to see decent dance/electronic acts without being in a scummy creamfields like environment. I would argue they are the most loyal of picnic goers to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

lbj666 wrote: »
    The lads on facebook have a right to be annoyed.
    Electronic/ Dance music fans have not been treated well this year with the line up.That and no Arcadia despite them being ready and able to come. Given the way things were going they were right to fear there wouldnt be a forest stage. They confirmed it will be there anyway.
    To excuse them some bit, electric zoo is in NY the same weekend. But all it would have taken is poaching 3-4 mid sized names from that lineup.

The electronic acts have been huge part off what the picnic is all about and it would not have been the success it was in the earlier years if there wasn't that much a focus on it. A huge part of the appeal of the picnic in say 2005 2006 was the opportunity to see decent dance/electronic acts without being in a scummy creamfields like environment. I would argue they are the most loyal of picnic goers to be honest.

Tbh I kinda feel sorry for whoever's running the facebook page. Presume they're limited to what info they can post up and when.I'd presume Forest stage is going ahead but seems like info hasn't come from organisers yet.

Advertisement