Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dncl

Lethal Dialect has just confirmed he'll be playing the Global Green in Electric Picnic on the Saturday on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

The world is going to stand still for this song on the Friday.

fairly sure they won't play it unfortunately....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Why not, Roll?
    Are they selective about what they play?
    Looking forward to seeing them again after my first experience c. 1991, in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

might be wrong but have seen them three times since they started playing again and they haven't played 'sometimes' yet... saw them in glasgow in feb and they were great if that helps-colm o ciosog is worth the entry fee alone! (well, him and john grant... and E from the eels if we are talking about EP!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Dam, oh well, MBV are sexual no matter what.

• Advertisement

I'd have to agree - worth going, just to see MBV.
    Looking forward to John Grant alright, too. Saw him on Other Voices - very good indeed.
    Also very much look forward to Bjork (saw her years ago in Waterfront, Belfast - superb), Robert Plant, David Byrne/St Vincent.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

EP confirmed on facebook Rave In The Woods will be announced next wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Lads ye can forget the tents if this rain keeps up, I'm hoping argos are doing a deal on boats next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

Thanks to whoever posted the link to the new braids album a while ago (http://pitchfork.com/advance/182-flourish-perish/). It's far better than their first one and I'm really looking forward to them at the picnic now

And there'll be no talk of boats! It's going to be lovely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

SV wrote: »
    Lads ye can forget the tents if this rain keeps up, I'm hoping argos are doing a deal on boats next week.

The weathers meant to change next week, hot weather supposed to be on the way back. Hopefully it'll come to pass and last til EP, don't think anything beats an outdoor festival in the sun

• Advertisement

sdgbt wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever posted the link to the new braids album a while ago (http://pitchfork.com/advance/182-flourish-perish/). It's far better than their first one and I'm really looking forward to them at the picnic now
    .....Just started to stream this. Never heard of these guys before, but really liking this! Thanks, therefore, also for the link!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Shout Dust wrote: »
    The weathers meant to change next week, hot weather supposed to be on the way back. Hopefully it'll come to pass and last til EP, don't think anything beats an outdoor festival in the sun

There's an abundance of sun due on Sunday... The clue's in the name!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Looking for advice from people who have been at the last few EP's.

Which campsite is the most laid back/friendly?

Last and only time I was at it I camped in Oscar Wilde and thought it was fine. I was 19 and a mess then, looking to have a more chilled out time this time though.

All replies are greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Chewabacca wrote: »

Last and only time I was at it I camped in Oscar Wilde and thought it was fine. I was 19 and a mess then, looking to have a more chilled out time this time though.

Maybe Oscar Wilde since there is no quiet campsite as it always seems abit more chilled, I haven't stayed in ordinary campsites since 2007 ,2008 to this year it has been VIP or tangerine fields/Pinkmoon. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Does anyone else think of Mick bull the bar man from the savage eye when the hear the name Oscar Wilde!

"Oscar Wilde!!, Oscar Wilde was quarrrrrrrrrrrrr!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭leakyboots

lbj666 wrote: »
    The lads on facebook have a right to be annoyed.
    Electronic/ Dance music fans have not been treated well this year with the line up.That and no Arcadia despite them being ready and able to come. Given the way things were going they were right to fear there wouldnt be a forest stage. They confirmed it will be there anyway.
    To excuse them some bit, electric zoo is in NY the same weekend. But all it would have taken is poaching 3-4 mid sized names from that lineup.

The electronic acts have been huge part off what the picnic is all about and it would not have been the success it was in the earlier years if there wasn't that much a focus on it. A huge part of the appeal of the picnic in say 2005 2006 was the opportunity to see decent dance/electronic acts without being in a scummy creamfields like environment. I would argue they are the most loyal of picnic goers to be honest.

Oh agreed, my post read like I was questioning why people like the forest stage... I wasn't, I should have put a maybe before it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

+1 on this - are they all the same or are some better than others?

The least mucky one would be nice!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

cson wrote: »
    +1 on this - are they all the same or are some better than others?

The least mucky one would be nice!

the festival is pretty small by common sense would prevail, avoid close to area/woods enterances, avoid close to steel shield as jumpers will have your tent to pick for drink and money first, and also pee pee spots for whole site. if concerned over noise and trouble logically avoid the concessions also, and maybe sway towards the area managers point, while gets a constant flow, security are close at hand which would deter alot of mischievous souls. Quite camping is an option but havent seen it in a few years, used to be very isolated by the concession vehicle entrance, which was gick

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

High pressure returns for end of August!!!

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/latest.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Peterd66 wrote: »
    High pressure returns for end of August!!!

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/latest.aspx

Let's not jinx it yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Funny you should say that about the dog, just happened upon this photo online the other day, if you look closely you can see a sniffer puppy going over bags.
    Proper order though, my personal opinion is people can put what ever they want in their own bodies its completely their choice, but the festival could get a bad reputation if there's allot happening!
    Although I wouldn't appreciate airport style security!!
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Ah now, its not harsh, if they just slapped wrists for getting caught with some spliff or a few pills then everyone would just bring in stuff?

Sorry guys but you're showing a bit of naivety/lack of awareness here.

There already is a lot of drug use at the festival, has been every year, and this fact is well known. It was something that struck me the first time I went to the festival, having only been to a few Oxegens before. I'd always heard that the crowd at Picnic were more laid back and mature. This was true, but I also noticed that the crowd in general were markedly higher than the punters at Oxegen, and all the better for it.

Rave in the woods, B&S going on till all hours, traditionally a late-night dance act on the main stage - Piccy has always been a rather dance-oriented festival, and having been around the electronic scene since I was 18, I know that the stereotype holds true in this case: electronic music = pillfest.

The very slight chance of being caught in possession is not going to deter anyone who wants a bit of fun at EP. The end result is that you end up stinging harmless people who were not out to cause any trouble - and that is what police resources should be used for at festivals; preventing trouble- and ruining their weekend. Nobody wins.

Re. the whole sniffer dog thing, as suggested it was either there for show post-SHM, to appease Joe Duffy listeners who'd never consider going to the festival (GARDAI TAKE ZERO-TOLERANCE STANCE TOWARDS DRUGS) or it was being familiarised with crowds. The mutt was only there for a few hours in the afternoon and disappeared in due course, allowing business to continue as usual.

Shove the drugs up yr hole, be grand.
    A collab between Mick Flannery and Lisa Hannigan please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is that where your username comes from? :pac:

Charmin', young man, just charmin'!
    Um, what type of 'collaboration' were you thinking of?
    They are both great artists, it has to be said!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Everyone bring super soakers with paint in them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYdPtcx-4mo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is that the name of their new song?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

There will have to be an easier place to hide them than there!

Empty bottle, screw the lid back on, sorted

kevc2 wrote: »

Lisa Hannigan is way cool! Her voice has a certain element of Bjork-like qualities.
    They make a terrible mess of her nice dress!!
    :)

There will have to be an easier place to hide them than there!

Empty bottle, screw the lid back on, sorted

And then shove the bottle up your hole? There has to be some sort of joy from smuggling drugs.
    A naked collab between Mick and Lisa would be ideal but I'd settle for a clothed sing, song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

kevc2 wrote: »

that video is class she looks like she is having some craic,

Advertisement