Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

And then shove the bottle up your hole? There has to be some sort of joy from smuggling drugs.
    A naked collab between Mick and Lisa would be ideal but I'd settle for a clothed sing, song.

What's your fascination with sticking stuff up your arse?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

http://festiweather.com/forecast.asp?EventID=274&Event=Electric%20Picnic%202013#.Ug5OdJLCaSo

Clouds clouds and more clouds. Hell, I'd take it now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Lisa Hannigan would be in my top 5, is she really gonna be just playing on the tiny Trailer Park stage? It will be jammers!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

the festival is pretty small by common sense would prevail, avoid close to area/woods enterances, avoid close to steel shield as jumpers will have your tent to pick for drink and money first, and also pee pee spots for whole site. if concerned over noise and trouble logically avoid the concessions also, and maybe sway towards the area managers point, while gets a constant flow, security are close at hand which would deter alot of mischievous souls. Quite camping is an option but havent seen it in a few years, used to be very isolated by the concession vehicle entrance, which was gick

Thanks man. I will never understand the people who camp beside the bogs. There's always other spots, might be 5 miles away but it's still better than floating in recycled beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Sorry guys but you're showing a bit of naivety/lack of awareness here.

There already is a lot of drug use at the festival, has been every year, and this fact is well known. It was something that struck me the first time I went to the festival, having only been to a few Oxegens before. I'd always heard that the crowd at Picnic were more laid back and mature. This was true, but I also noticed that the crowd in general were markedly higher than the punters at Oxegen, and all the better for it.

Rave in the woods, B&S going on till all hours, traditionally a late-night dance act on the main stage - Piccy has always been a rather dance-oriented festival, and having been around the electronic scene since I was 18, I know that the stereotype holds true in this case: electronic music = pillfest.

The very slight chance of being caught in possession is not going to deter anyone who wants a bit of fun at EP. The end result is that you end up stinging harmless people who were not out to cause any trouble - and that is what police resources should be used for at festivals; preventing trouble- and ruining their weekend. Nobody wins.

Re. the whole sniffer dog thing, as suggested it was either there for show post-SHM, to appease Joe Duffy listeners who'd never consider going to the festival (GARDAI TAKE ZERO-TOLERANCE STANCE TOWARDS DRUGS) or it was being familiarised with crowds. The mutt was only there for a few hours in the afternoon and disappeared in due course, allowing business to continue as usual.

I think your missing my point completely!

I'm not exactly a spring chicken + have been to the picnic every year! I KNOW exactly what does and does not go on.

You have to agree you can't just open the 'drug gates' it must be policed and seen to be enforced! otherwise you would have every dealer in the country there! It would get a seriously bad reputation, draw one type of crowd (basically a SHM cream fields type crowd, yes I'm being seriously stereotypical but u know what I mean) and put off the rest of the crowd = picnic ruined.
    So I feel it's proper order that its policed in the interest of protecting the festival nothing to do with Joe FOOking Duffy!!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Is there a map for 2013 floating about yet? Can only seem to find old ones on Google. (of campsite layout, etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Rfrip

GrumPy wrote: »
    Is there a map for 2013 floating about yet? Can only seem to find old ones on Google. (of campsite layout, etc...)

It will be same I'd say as they haven't really changed the last two years

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

Surely Giorgio Moroder and Fat Boy Slim won't clash on the Friday night????

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Surely Giorgio Moroder and Fat Boy Slim won't clash on the Friday night????

That is my biggest fear for the weekend

That is my biggest fear for the weekend

I'd no real intention to go see fat boy slim to b honest but seeing as there's about six acts playing fri night he was pushed up to second on the bill after giorgio so that would be typical if they clashed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Rfrip wrote: »
    I'd no real intention to go see fat boy slim to b honest but seeing as there's about six acts playing fri night he was pushed up to second on the bill after giorgio so that would be typical if they clashed!!

Do you have a link for friday lineup ? Can't find anything... cheers

exilec wrote: »
    Do you have a link for friday lineup ? Can't find anything... cheers

This was posted here:)

Main Stage: Hudson Taylor, Miles Kane, Wu-Tang Clan, My Bloody Valentine, Fatboy Slim
    Electric Arena: Chris Cox/Giorgio Moroder only.
    B&S, Trailer Park, Trenchtown etc open as normal, seemingly....

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Rfrip wrote: »
    This was posted here:)

Main Stage: Hudson Taylor, Miles Kane, Wu-Tang Clan, My Bloody Valentine, Fatboy Slim
    Electric Arena: Chris Cox/Giorgio Moroder only.
    B&S, Trailer Park, Trenchtown etc open as normal, seemingly....

Any other days posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

barry194 wrote: »
    Any other days posted?

FRIDAY

Fatboy Slim
    Giorgio Moroder
    Hudson Taylor
    Miles Kane
    My Bloody Valentine
    Wu-Tang Clan

SATURDAY

Big Black Delta
    Billy Bragg
    BJORK
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    Cayucas
    Clinic
    Cyril Hahn
    Daithi
    Deap Vally
    Disclosure
    Duckworth Lewis Method
    Ellie Goulding
    Factory Floor
    Forrests
    Gavin James
    Halves
    Hozier
    Hudson Mohawke
    Hurts
    John Grant
    John Murry
    Josephine
    Le Carousel
    Little Green Cars
    Lulu James
    Matthew E. White
    Merchandise
    New Jackson
    No Ceremony
    Ocean Colour Scene
    Palma Violets
    Parquet Courts
    Peace
    Raglans
    Robert Plant
    Ryan Sheridan
    Sam Smith
    Savages
    Space Dimension Controller
    The Beat
    The Walkmen
    Tiga
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Valerie June
    Young Folk
    Young Wonder

SUNDAY

Arctic Monkeys
    Black Uhuru
    Blondes
    Braids
    David Byrne & St. Vincent
    Chrome Sparks
    Chvrches
    Crystal Fighters
    Dawes
    Dirty Epics
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Eels
    Enemies
    Franz Ferdinand
    Funeral Suits
    Hermitage Green
    Indians
    Jagwar Ma
    Johnny Marr
    Kodaline
    Lady Lamb The Beekeeper
    Little Bear
    Luke Sital-Singh
    Mano Le Tough
    Maud in Cahoots
    Mick Flannery

Mount Kimbie
    MS MR
    Night Beds
    Nina Nesbitt
    Noah & The Whale
    Polica
    Silhouette
    SOAK
    Summer Camp
    Terri Hooley
    The 1975
    The Establishment
    The Knife
    The Strypes
    Warpaint

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

cheers! Sunday is a very rock/indie based day :P

Cant wait for these guys!! gonna be epic!!:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRU1l3AFHFE

If you were to pick 6-7 'Must see' acts over the weekend, who would they be?

Here's is mine;

Wu tang Clan
    Giorgio Moroder
    Crystal fighters
    Ms Mr
    John Grant
    Disclosure
    Mano Le Tough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Warpaint, Lisa Hannigan, Hercules and the Love Affair, Little Green Cars, Ocean Colour Scene, MBV.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 martandr

MBV, Peace, Franz Ferdinand, Jagwar Ma, Summer Camp, Crystal Fighters and CHVRCHES.

Have seen Mø, Parquet Courts, Baauer, Hudson Mohawke, Wu-Tang Clan, The Knife, Disclosure, Mount Kimbie, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Hudson Taylor, Funeral Suits and Indians earlier this year.

Warpaint, Lisa Hannigan, Hercules and the Love Affair, Little Green Cars, Ocean Colour Scene, MBV.

Forgot about Lisa will defo be there for a swoon!!!:cool:

Little green cars, only know about 2-3 of their songs, worth getting their albums?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Off to spotify the sh1te out of some of those bands I don't know of

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If you were to pick 6-7 'Must see' acts over the weekend, who would they be?

For me...

Disclosure
    Mount Kimbie
    Hudson Mohawke
    Bjork
    David Byrne
    Eels

Have seen The Knife and MBV this year already...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

For me...

Disclosure
    Mount Kimbie
    Hudson Mohawke
    Bjork
    David Byrne
    Eels

Have seen The Knife and MBV this year already...

that's actually a great list for me to base mine off, thanks:D
    I would add MBV (have not seen them before) & Moroder, I bet given the fact that Moroder is the only act on the Electric Arena on the Friday night I will suffer clash pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'm dreading finding out who'll be clashing with Dylan Moran.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm dreading finding out who'll be clashing with Dylan Moran.

me too, I reckon the comedy tent will be totally jammers well ahead of his scheduled stage time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Obvious top 7 from me;

Arctic Monkeys
    Fatboy Slim
    Franz Ferdinand
    BRMC
    Lisa Hannigan
    Savages
    Eels

Off to educate meself on some more of the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Top 7 are -
    Arctic Monkeys
    Two Door Cinema Club
    the 1975
    Fatboy Slim
    Franz Ferdinand
    Kodaline
    Hudson Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

martandr wrote: »
    Have seen Mø, Parquet Courts, Baauer, Hudson Mohawke, Wu-Tang Clan, The Knife, Disclosure, Mount Kimbie, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Hudson Taylor, Funeral Suits and Indians earlier this year.

How awful were The Knife on this tour? Got pure excited when I saw they were added to the lineup ( a little later than the rest for some reason), but wouldn't be a diehard fan like. Basically I liked all the main songs and saw clips of their Silent Shout tour and thought it looked quality. Likelihood they be clashing with AM, so dunno is it worth seein em if the atmosphere is lacking, which appears to be the case from reviews I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Hi, this is going to sound like a stupid question but i was wondering if you have to be a customer of vodafone to get your phone charged there at EP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Rewind83 wrote: »
    Hi, this is going to sound like a stupid question but i was wondering if you have to be a customer of vodafone to get your phone charged there at EP?

nope i have never had a problem gettin mine done anyway

Advertisement