Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 martandr

How awful were The Knife on this tour? Got pure excited when I saw they were added to the lineup ( a little later than the rest for some reason), but wouldn't be a diehard fan like. Basically I liked all the main songs and saw clips of their Silent Shout tour and thought it looked quality. Likelihood they be clashing with AM, so dunno is it worth seein em if the atmosphere is lacking, which appears to be the case from reviews I've read.

It's a crazy show. I liked the concert, but it's not for everybody. They're not playing much from their old stuff, but the new songs works better live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'll need to get a bus home to Galway on the Sunday night after the last act, will there be buses around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I'll need to get a bus home to Galway on the Sunday night after the last act, will there be buses around?

You would have to look into that yourself, I would doubt there's anything official

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah I need to back in Galway for college at 2pm on Monday....

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

threein99 wrote: »
    You would have to look into that yourself, I would doubt there's anything official

Get bus to Portlaoise to Dublin then Dublin to Galway (go bus etc) would be your best bet unless a private operator is going direct from the picnic Sunday night.

All a bit hectic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

I'll be leaving on the Sunday morning, is there buses that go to Dublin on the Sunday morning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

Joekers wrote: »
    I'll be leaving on the Sunday morning, is there buses that go to Dublin on the Sunday morning ?

It's all on the picnic website! They have buses running sat and sun. But looks like it's only at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

if you can get as far as portlaoise theres buses every hour or so between dublin coach, jj kavanaghs and bus eireann. Bus eireann 12 and 8 services are €9.50 one way to city centre, dublin coach is €5 to red cow and jj's is €5 to city centre. Would link timetables but on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yes, if you even go into Stradbally you can find buses to where you need to go as well. I got a bus back to Kilkenny from there. I'd imagine you can get to Portlaoise fairly easily as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

MadYaker wrote: »
    Yeah I need to back in Galway for college at 2pm on Monday....

Kellys Travel have a bus leaving Stradbally at 2am Sunday or 11am Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Should I be getting worried that my ticket still havnt arrived?

Paid in installments and bought it back in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Hogzy wrote: »
    Should I be getting worried that my ticket still havnt arrived?

Paid in installments and bought it back in April.

No
    even if there is a problem sending it out in the post you can arrange to collect it there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Kellys Travel have a bus leaving Stradbally at 2am Sunday or 11am Monday!

2am on Sunday it is. Ugh Monday is going to be horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Only had a look at the line up as I hadn't intended going. Not great at all. Where's Bodytonic tent gone?

Gone are the days there were serious names from the electro, minimal/techno world. Or maybe I've fallen behind?

Any recommendations for dance acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Donal Dineen
    Rarely Seen Above Ground
    Bjork
    My Bloody Valentine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Donal Dineen
    Rarely Seen Above Ground
    Bjork
    My Bloody Valentine

Are MBV a dance act?! Thought they were indie.

Dineen is hit and miss but when he's good he's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

They're Shoegaze. Distorted heaven.

kraggy wrote: »
    Only had a look at the line up as I hadn't intended going. Not great at all. Where's Bodytonic tent gone?

Gone are the days there were serious names from the electro, minimal/techno world. Or maybe I've fallen behind?

Disclosure (must see), Baauer (so much more than the harlem shake) and Mount Kimbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mgkelly

They're Shoegaze. Distorted heaven.
    Indeed, was about to say 'shoegaze'. Certainly, in the day, I danced (slowly) to MBV. It's often more of an 'internal' dancing, mind you, or a rocking back & forth or swaying movement.
    Each to their own...!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

martandr wrote: »
    Disclosure (must see), Baauer (so much more than the harlem shake) and Mount Kimbie.

Sorry to disappoint but Baauer disappeared from the lineup after the first few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Are there any real differences between campsites or is it mostly all the one?

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint but Baauer disappeared from the lineup after the first few days.

Oh damn! But yeah, I did see him at Roskilde.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dncl

kraggy wrote: »

fatboy slim, disclosure, giorgio moroder, hudson mohawke (him especially hes getting really big working with kanye west), mano le tough, krystal klear and new jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Jacques Renault is down to play EP on his agent's site, so presume he'll be one of the DJs playing the LBT whenever the others get announced.
    http://www.elasticartists.net/shows/?view=calendar-block&showmonth=9&showyear=2013&_wpnonce=b00399986d

https://soundcloud.com/jacquesrenault

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jeez they need to get on with the announcing I'd say if they are hoping to sell it out, its almost a week and a half away, maybe Monday for a final announcement and in a few days or week the time splits for the artists.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Someone put up the email address for giglockers, but i can't find it now?
    There's nothing about them on the picnic website. Are they even there this year?
    I'm not on facebook, so can't ask them there..

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Someone put up the email address for giglockers, but i can't find it now?
    There's nothing about them on the picnic website. Are they even there this year?
    I'm not on facebook, so can't ask them there..

Giglockerltd@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

getting very close now folks, time to talk logistics, booze in particular:

1. Can anyone tell me (I really should know this, been to many an EP but was only ever in the village of Stradbally once) but is there a super-market or a mini-market even where you can buy booze in case you don't get a chance to pick up some beforehand...normally I'm fine but just in case I'd like to know.

2. Again, a village question, are there decent places to go for a good breakfast over the weekend if one wanted to venture off the festival site? Walking distance only. Last year I found during the morning hours (9am onward) when I can no longer sleep in the tent and when the head is frazzled I found it refreshing to get out of the venue itself, even just to walk back to the car and slap on the radio and chill in the car for a few minutes, just to remind me that the rest of the world is still revolving:D

Getting excited now..time to pray to the weather gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

getting very close now folks, time to talk logistics, booze in particular:

1. Can anyone tell me (I really should know this, been to many an EP but was only ever in the village of Stradbally once) but is there a super-market or a mini-market even where you can buy booze in case you don't get a chance to pick up some beforehand...normally I'm fine but just in case I'd like to know.

2. Again, a village question, are there decent places to go for a good breakfast over the weekend if one wanted to venture off the festival site? Walking distance only. Last year I found during the morning hours (9am onward) when I can no longer sleep in the tent and when the head is frazzled I found it refreshing to get out of the venue itself, even just to walk back to the car and slap on the radio and chill in the car for a few minutes, just to remind me that the rest of the world is still revolving:D

Getting excited now..time to pray to the weather gods.

1) Yes, there's a supervalu in Stradbally, ~30min walk from the campsite

2) Yep, there are 2/3 Pubs that do a breakfast and a couple of cafes. Morning walk into town for a decent brekkie/dump sets you up perfectly for the day :pac:

• Advertisement

Well, that sucks.

Advertisement