Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 martandr

Mr.S wrote: »
    erm, why?

I like to have good time to plan my schedule. I travel from Norway on thursday morning, so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭laois hibby

getting very close now folks, time to talk logistics, booze in particular:

1. Can anyone tell me (I really should know this, been to many an EP but was only ever in the village of Stradbally once) but is there a super-market or a mini-market even where you can buy booze in case you don't get a chance to pick up some beforehand...normally I'm fine but just in case I'd like to know.

2. Again, a village question, are there decent places to go for a good breakfast over the weekend if one wanted to venture off the festival site? Walking distance only. Last year I found during the morning hours (9am onward) when I can no longer sleep in the tent and when the head is frazzled I found it refreshing to get out of the venue itself, even just to walk back to the car and slap on the radio and chill in the car for a few minutes, just to remind me that the rest of the world is still revolving:D

Getting excited now..time to pray to the weather gods.

Yep theres a supervalu in town and just next door is a cafe restraunt called stradbally fayre that do a great breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

martandr wrote: »
    I like to have good time to plan my schedule. I travel from Norway on thursday morning, so yeah.

Remember when I replied to your other post on the app and I mentioned it was only with great reluctance that they give this timetable information out at all?

They give it out now but sit on it as long as possible. At least one year they left it until the day before the festival to release the full information (yet printed lanyards and programmes were available for sale the next day in the festival so you know they had it weeks in advance). They've been slightly better recently on it but the week of the festival is always the earliest it shows up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

I roughly plan to see 10-15 acts, I probably see 5 of that,usually stumble upon 20 new acts I never heard before and make 200 new mates with random banter and shenanigans. I don't go by regular time, I go by "picnic time". It is escapism at its finest. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Well, that sucks.

Who cares??????????????????????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Still not received my tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

I roughly plan to see 10-15 acts, I probably see 5 of that,usually stumble upon 20 new acts I never heard before and make 200 new mates with random banter and shenanigans. I don't go by regular time, I go by "picnic time". It is escapism at its finest. :D

Completely agree. I have a list of about three or four people I can't miss over the course of the weekend and everything else could go either way! I'm stealing the idea of "picnic time" btw :pac:

threein99 wrote: »
    Still not received my tickets

booked a ticket for a mate on 27th July got it in Post last wednesday. Got the early bird for myself....just did the print out tis just as handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Being posted out this week

Where have you heard that from ? I was going to give it until Wednesday to start freaking out

Folks relax about the whole tickets scenario. If it is not by the wednesday ring Ticketmaster and they will cancel they ticket and put it as box office collection http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_4

• Advertisement

Still a bit annoying, Box office is not where the bus drops you off so you have to get the shuttle bus to the Box Office entrance, so extra hassle if you have to split up from your friends!

Argh here it is always a bit annoying....but it is electric picnic not huge like glastonbury etc it could be a great excuse to get out of erecting the tent....and opportunities having random chats with strange fun people. Again I go on Picnic Time tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Does anyone know if Slane girl is making an appearance at EP??

Id say she could decide to give it a miss when she sobers u and catches the news on social media

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Anyone spot any good deals on booze around? im thinking of stocking up this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

I would suggest printing this out on Wednesday so
    http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/

Then maybe you can plan your weekend during the flight. Its a crazy idea I know , but it might just work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Anyone spot any good deals on booze around? im thinking of stocking up this week.

I have yet to find any decent deals on booze. Maybe the pressure on loss leading pricing on booze has kicked in but I distinctly remember there being better deals on booze in the past.

I'm trying to pick a drink that doesn't have me in a quivering vomiting wreck on the Tuesday after EP until the Friday...I'm not kidding, the past 2 EPs I was in bits the Tues-Fri after.
    Water seems to be the only one I can think of :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

I have yet to find any decent deals on booze. Maybe the pressure on loss leading pricing on booze has kicked in but I distinctly remember there being better deals on booze in the past.

I'm trying to pick a drink that doesn't have me in a quivering vomiting wreck on the Tuesday after EP until the Friday...I'm not kidding, the past 2 EPs I was in bits the Tues-Fri after.

If you get activated charcoal tablets and take a good few of them throughout the weekend your liver should be able to cope a good deal better- i find they work great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I feel your pain i was in bits for a week after the Life festival in May i had one of them hydration backpacks and all i was drinking was spirits all weekend not a hope in hell im doing that again it was torture...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Probably a good idea to talk to your doctor if you are getting week long hangovers.

Don't buy those Poiteen Jelly shots!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

The only decent deal I've seen so far is Bavaria 12 for 13.50 in Tesco, and that's the bulkiest you can buy. Slabs of 24 seem to be out of fashion at the moment :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MattD wrote: »
    Slabs of 24 seem to be out of fashion at the moment :confused:

Yeah it's been a while since I've seen them around. Usually around this time you have dunnes/Tesco/supervalu etc with offers on slabs as they know its festival time, but no offers about. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Got my booze last week and yes no special deals at all. It's just a shame Tesco/Dunnes only do the 20/24 bottles for €15-20 don't seem to have an equivalent tin promotion!

With the risk of sounding cheesy & sensible, it's really important to keep hydrated, I generally force my self to drink bucket loads of water over the wend otherwise Mon/tues will 10 times worse.

Was driving home Mon of the 09' festival felt very very rough & low even though IDE taken it easy on the Sun, drive was tough, couldn't sleep when I got home even though I was wrecked.
    It was only later that day when emptying the car boot I noticed I hadn't drank any of the water I took at all! Was completely dehydrated! Drank a couple of litres, completely sorted me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Just on the Tesco Website there 24 cans of the Dream Destroyer (Miller) for €28.00 ain't bad... don't drink the stuff at all

Stella Artois cans for 0.99.

What cans do they do in Lidl or Aldi these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Any deals on tents in Argos/Tesco going about? Just realized I'm tentless.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Tesco Newry 12x2 Carlsberg 440 ml cans 3.8abv for £16.

440ml easier to smuggle into arena!!!

Toast wrote: »
    Probably a good idea to talk to your doctor if you are getting week long hangovers.

in my case not week long, but delayed ones that last for 2 days..I'm a lightweight, a run a lot and don't go out much on heavy sessions and then BANG, 3 days of drinking day and night...I'm never staggering about the place langered but obviously not suited to such sessions...god loves a trier :)

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Got my booze last week and yes no special deals at all. It's just a shame Tesco/Dunnes only do the 20/24 bottles for €15-20 don't seem to have an equivalent tin promotion!

With the risk of sounding cheesy & sensible, it's really important to keep hydrated, I generally force my self to drink bucket loads of water over the wend otherwise Mon/tues will 10 times worse.

Was driving home Mon of the 09' festival felt very very rough & low even though IDE taken it easy on the Sun, drive was tough, couldn't sleep when I got home even though I was wrecked.
    It was only later that day when emptying the car boot I noticed I hadn't drank any of the water I took at all! Was completely dehydrated! Drank a couple of litres, completely sorted me out!

not cheesy, just sensible. You are dead right of course, I neglected the water too, bigger the fool me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

Any deals on tents in Argos/Tesco going about? Just realized I'm tentless.

You're fairly ****ered from what I can see; absolutely zero stock in any of the €0-100 tents in Argos.

I'm also on the hunt for a 3/4 man tent circa €70; so any suggestions appreciated. Can't understand why Argos don't maintain a decent stock of tents for festival season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Water and sleep, sure what else would you be doing! I'd try to sip as much water as possible during the day before some boozin and have ear plugs for a few zzs... Always try to get a smoothy or cereal bars or something of nutritional value into you! I may have even packed dioralyte late year

Got a 3 man argos tent a few weeks ago for 27 with a porch when a sale first came out but stock will be greatly depleteated now. They even had camping chairs for €5

Check around where Millets used to be in camping shops there there could be some good stuff

Lidl has cheap offers on Bulmers and Beers in cans usually too... 6 big cans of Bulmers for 8 seemed reasonable and 16eu for 750ml of captain/vodka... Wine is cheap as chips there or actually get some nice wine from tesco/superquinn when there's a half price sale on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

cson wrote: »

I'm also on the hunt for a 3/4 man tent circa €70; so any suggestions appreciated. Can't understand why Argos don't maintain a decent stock of tents for festival season.

B&Q had a 4-man tent for €50 not long ago, might be worth a look if there's one handy to you

Advertisement